Valorant 7.09 Patch Notes kick off Episode 7: Act III by introducing Chinese agent Iso while including massive buffs for Cypher along with a nerf to the game's run-and-gun shotgun, Judge.
The patch notes mainly target Valorant’s sneaky Sentinel, Cypher’s Trapwire ability and affect how the ability works with Fade and Raze’s scout creatures. Raze’s kit gets targeted with a slew of nerfs, requiring players to be more precise with her kit.
In addition, Riot has launched the game’s 24th agent of Chinese descent, Iso. Valorant fans can view the description for each of the character’s abilities in our deep dive article here.
Valorant 7.09 Patch Notes Agent Updates
C ability – Trapwire
- Cypher's Trapwire will now stun a captured enemy about twice as fast, in 1.5 seconds, instead of 3.
- After killing or concussing an enemy, the Trapwire (C) now re-arms itself after 0.5 seconds, allowing it to affect another opponent. Players need to shoot the trapwire in order to destroy it. Simply walking through it won't destroy it now.
- Duration of the tag slow upon getting hit by the trap has been bumped to 2 seconds instead of 0.75
- Skye's Trailblazer creature can now walk through Trapwires placed at mid-height. The hitbox damage remains unaffected.
- Fade's prowler dog can now run through through trapwires placed at head hight or foot height – i.e trapwire placed slightly above ground level. This doesn't affect her hitboxes for weapon damage.
E ability – Paint Shells
- Riot has slightly reduced the primary grenade explosion radius by 0.5 metres, reducing it to 5.5 metres instead of 6
- Minimum explosion damage 15 has been reduced to 1.
- Explosion radius changed to 5.25 metres from 6 metres.
- Players getting hit by the edge of the grenade's damage radius wont' be largely affected as the Riot has changed the minimum damage of both primary and secondary nades from 15 to 1.
- The damage multiplier to enemy utility has been reduced to 100 percent from 250 percent.
Q ability – Blast Pack
- Raze's Satchel won't deal damage until fully armed meaning players will have to wait 1.5 seconds to activate the satchel in order to deal damage.
- The arm time has been increased from 0.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
Valorant Patch 7.09 Notes Weapon Updates
The shotgun now has 5 bullets instead of 7. With this update, Riot has massively nerfed the weapon's run and gun potential by increasing both running and jumping spread. The running spread has been massively bumped to .75 from .10 while the jumping spread gets increased to 2.25 from 1.25.
Besides, Judge's reserve ammo has also been reduced to 15 rounds instead of 21. Fans won't have the same amount of confidence now to take down groups of enemies with a couple of shots with this shotgun.
Valorant Patch 7.09 Notes Gameplay and Social Updates
Update 7.09 adds recognition for players on mobile devices. Riot's System now detect people in Riot Mobile and TFT. In addition, the system will now display unique icons for people playing these games.
• Players online on Riot Mobile will now have a “gray dot” on their Player Card Image.
• The failsafe “Unknown Product” icon is now a red Riot fist instead of the gray dot.
• The icons for players active in in LoL, Legends of Runeterra and League's mobile port, WildRift, have been updated
Detaching from the rope would no longer cause a footstep noise, as the developers ship a bug fix for the issue that caused footstep noises even after players held the Shift key. Patch 7.09 also fixes the ‘white screen' problem some players faced while logging into Valorant.
The latest update also ships several improvements to the game’s competitive mode, making matchmaking easier and reducing the qualification threshold required for teams to participate in the playoffs to 600 points.
Besides, the game also introduces a fresh battle pass along with a new skin bundle titled Valiant. The Valiant skin bundle will cost players 7,100 VP and includes 4 gun skins, one melee weapon, one play3er card, a gun buddy along with a non-animated spray.
Valorant servers usually go offline for about 2 to 4 hours before the official patch release. Patch 7.09 is slated to go live in Tuesday, October 31. Fans can check out the rest of the changes in the full patch notes article here.
For more Valorant news and updates, follow us on ESTNN.