The Dota 2 Mars guide will provide you with the details you need to know about one of the top-tier offlaners.
Some heroes become very popular once they are released, whereas others are nowhere to be found. It’s safe to say Mars is in the first category because, since the Dota 2 Mars release date, this has become the go-to offlaner for a lot of people. The hero is popular in professional and casual players and is the preferred option for Position 3.
Before diving into more information about Mars, it’s worth pointing out this is a melee STR melee hero with 49-57 damage. He has a 2.3 armor and 310 movement speed, so let’s learn more about him.
Mars Dota 2 Guide – Abilities
Instead of visiting the Mars Dota 2 wiki, let’s learn more information about the hero’s abilities.
- Spear of Mars – The hero throws his spar, which deals 325 damage, and stuns the first enemy hero it hits as long as the spear lands on a tree, building, or cliff. It will also deal damage to all enemy units it goes through.
- God’s Rebuke – The ability deals damage to all enemy units in front of Mars for a 270% critical strike. Furthermore, Mars will knock back all units and slow them for 2.5s. The ability also deals 25 bonus damage to heroes.
- Bulwark – Mars uses his shield to block 70% of damage from the frost and 35% from the side. While active, Mars’s movement speed is slowed down by 18%. Moreover, the attacks on enemy units are directed toward Mars instead.
- Arena of Blood – After a 0.3s formation time, Mars summons an arena that lasts for 7s. Players trapped inside can’t escape and will take 225 damage when they come near the edge.
Getting a Shard for Mars will allow you to impale up to 2 units and leave a fire trail that will deal DoT and slow enemy units. Aghanim’s Scepter allows Bulwark to create invulnerable soldiers around Mars while the ability is on. Those soldiers will move alongside Mars and deal damage and slow enemies.
Dota 2 Mars Guide – Talents
The Mars Dota 2 sets are interesting, but before checking the cosmetics, you must know some information about the talents.
- Level 10 – +30% Bulwark redirect chance or God’s Rebuke gets +100 Distance
- Level 15 – Spear of Mars gets +100 Damage or God’s Rebuke gets -4s cooldown
- Level 20 – Spear of Mars stuns for 0.6s more or Bulwark Front’gets +12% damage reduction and the side get +6%
- Level 25 – Arena of Blood will grant the team +180 HP regen or Fod’s Rebuke gets +65% Crit
Dota 2 Mars Guide – Tips
In addition to the impressive Dota 2 Mars Responses, you should know that this is a hero that can fit into almost any lineup. He is an offlaner that does fairly well against most setups. Despite not being that efficient against targets ranged heroes early on, he can use his abilities to farm. Speaking of the devil, Mars is among the faster farmers in Dota 2, which is why he’s so popular.
Once the laning stage is over, Mars is the hero that needs to make a difference. Landing his Spear of Mars can have a massive effect on his team’s success because he can stun a target, which increases the chances of killing it.
Other than the stun, Mars is always his team’s initiator because of his ultimate. Therefore, the hero needs to get a Blink Dagger and use it for his Blink + Ult combo, which is usually enough to win fights.
Another thing that you should remember about Mars is that he can do a lot of damage. Many players underestimate him, but he is among the best offlaners when it comes down to dealing damage and scales really well in the late game. So, don’t be surprised if you see that some Mars players will focus on getting as many DPS items as possible.
Mars Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
The Mars Dota 2 voice lines are one of the pros of using this hero, but there are other things to remember.
- Deals a lot of damage
- Can be one of the tankiest hero in the game
- He initiates team fights and can make a difference
- Fun to play
- Hard to land your spears because they are a skill shot
- Mars needs items to be more effective
Dota 2 Mars Buiild – Items
The next crucial thing we need to talk about here is the Mars Dota 2 build, which means the items the hero has to go for. Even though there’s always the option to experiment, some items are a lot more popular than others.
Mars has to start the game with HP regen items and some stats. The hero is an offlaner, so he should probably get a Salve.
Early on, most Mars players will have one or two Bracelets, as well as Boots of Speed.
In the mid-game, Mars should have Blink Dagger at all costs because this item enables him to fulfill his role. Ideally, the hero should also get Armlet or Desolator because this will increase his damage output significantly.
Aside from Overwhelming Blink, Mars should also get Black King Bar, Assault Cuirass, and Heart of Tarrasque. Sometimes, you can also find things like Heaven’s Halberd, Aghs, Refresher Orb, and more.
Dota 2 Mars counter
Following the Mars Dota 2 release date, there were a couple of big counters that the hero must be aware of.
- Timbersaw – Although the latter is not good against heroes with a lot of burst damage, he is great against STR heroes. As a result, Mars needs to be careful.
- Batrider – Batrider can make Mars’s life a living hell because the latter does not have any abilities that offer him mobility.
- Outworld Devourer – OD can do tons of damage to all heroes with low mana pools, such as Mars.
Reading this Dota 2 Mars guide should give you a good idea of what to expect from this hero. Mars is fun to play and can be incredibly strong, but he is hard to master, so you may need to spend some time before you can make the most of him.