After finishing Diablo 4's main story, players can use the Ice Shards build, which is regarded as one of the Diablo 4 best Sorcerer endgame builds currently available. Due to the large number of options and the fact that the optimal one will depend on your playing style, we will go into great detail about each option in its own article. We will explain the Ice Shards build after talking about the Arc Lash build.
Diablo 4 Ice Shards Sorcerer build explained
The Ice Shards Sorcerer build is very useful because it is able to create a barrier of projectiles capable of killing enemies, both in groups of enemies and single targets. Also, as can be deduced from the build's name itself, it revolves around using the ability to automatically use the Ice Shards ability. When this ability is combined with the Aspect of Piercing Cold, it is able to hit enemies with multiple Ice Shards at once. The Ice Shards build is also very effective if you want to farm quickly. With the Teleport Enchantment and Raiment of the Infinite abilities, you can rush through dungeons for quick experience points and loot.
It should be clear by this point that one of the most important components of building a character is concentrating on talents. It's crucial to choose the skills that will work best with the build you want to make in Diablo 4 because it gives a wide range of abilities that may be used to improve classes. For the Ice Shards build, we advise using the following Diablo 4 skills:
- Fire Bolt Level 2
- Ice Shards Level 5
- Enhanced Ice Shards
- Greater Ice Shards
- Devastation Level 1
- Elemental Dominance Level 3
- Teleport Level 1
- Enhanced Teleport
- Shimmering Teleport
- Frost Nova Level 1
- Enhanced Frost Nova
- Mystical Frost Nova
- Ice Armor Level 1
- Enhanced Ice Armor
- Shimmering Ice Armor
- Flame Shield Level 1
- Enhanced Flame Shield
- Mystical Flame Shield
- Glass Cannon Level 3
- Elemental Attunement Level 1
- Align the Elements Level 1
- Mana Shield Level 3
- Protection Level 2
- Deep Freeze
- Prime Deep Freeze
- Supreme Deep Freeze
- Permafrost Level 3
- Hoarfrost Level 3
- Icy Touch Level 3
- Frigid Breeze Level 3
If you want your Ice Shards Sorcerer build to be successful and effective, you must acquire competent in the skills that we previously identified as being the most important. Still recommended for unlocking are the extra skills listed below:
- Inner Flames Level 1
- Devouring Blaze Level 3
- Precision Magic Level 3
After your character reaches level 50, you can continue to grow with the help of the Paragon system, giving you access to a wide range of skills for the Ice Shards construct. When it comes to stats like Attack Speed, Non-Physical Damage, Intelligence, Resistance, and Life, it is suggested that Normal and Magic Nodes be given a higher priority. With each level, Ghyphs' sphere of influence expands. We don't advise allocating more nodes as a result if you are unable to meet the requirements. However, if you don't have the necessary Glyph, you can use any Glyph until you do.
For the starting board, turn right and ascend to the Elementalist. Purchase every one of the nearby four Magic Nodes. After that, ascend until you reach the Glyph Socket. By installing an Elementalist, you can purchase 40 Intelligence from nodes inside the radius range. Gain access to three nearby magic nodes that balance elements and deal non-physical damage. Continue to the bottom and purchase two Magic Nodes there that offer Maximum Life. Continue along the left side until you come to the first Board Attachment Gate. Attach Frigid Fate after completing one clockwise rotation of the board. The Glyph Socket should be located in the bottom left quadrant of the screen.
Navigate left, then up to Oppressive for the Frigid Fate board. The five Magic Nodes in the area should all be purchased. When you reach the glyph socket, go up and then right. Tactician is inserted, and nodes within the radius range are used to obtain 25 Dexterity. This glyph needs a level 15 increase in radius range in order to receive the extra benefit. This step can be skipped up until the Tactician reaches level 15. Buy three Magic Nodes that deal vulnerable damage after obtaining Weakness in the region. Select Restorative without delay. Spend money on two Magic Nodes with Maximum Life. The Board Attachment Gate on the right side should be approached via the fastest route. Fix Elemental Summoner to the board without any rotations. It should be on top, the Glyph Socket.
On the Elemental Summoner board, there isn't a Legendary Node. Pick the right fork, go down to the Reservoir, and purchase two Magic Nodes with the highest Life. The Glyph Socket is on the right after going back up. Buy each of the nearby Dexterity nodes after placing the Flamefeeder there. Continue all the way up to Swift Conjurer. Buy three magic nodes that increase attack velocity. The fastest route will lead you to the Board Attachment Gate on the bottom side. Attach Burning Instinct following two clockwise rotations of the board. You should position the Glyph Socket in the upper right quadrant.
No Legendary Nodes are needed on the board for Burning Instinct. To reach the Glyph Socket, descend and then turn right. Buy every Dexterity node in the surrounding area after incorporating Exploit. Smoldering Embers can be gathered nearby to acquire three Magic Nodes that provide damage reduction against burning opponents. Obtain three Magic Nodes from the region that deal damage to enemies who are burning with Cinders. Reverse your direction and head to Culler to purchase two Magic Nodes that increase Attack Speed.
There is no need for a Legendary Node on the Ceaseless Conduit board. Going through the Board Attachment Gate on the left side is the simplest way to exit the Frigid Fate board. Three complete clockwise revolutions later, connect the Ceaseless Conduit. The bottom right quadrant is where you want to put the Glyph Socket. As you approach Hunter Killer, turn left. Purchase each of the five nearby Magic Nodes. a way to return to the glyph socket. Buy each Dexterity node in the vicinity after placing Exploit. The quickest path there can be taken, and it leads to the Board Attachment Gate on the bottom side. Rotating Searing Heat when it's linked to the board is not advised. In the upper right corner, there ought to be a Glyph Socket.
The final board, Searing Heat, is also devoid of a Legendary Node. To access this board, you must first turn right before descending to the Glyph Socket. Purchase every Dexterity node nearby, then add Control. As you continue to descend, turn left toward Combustion. Spend your money on two critical strike-damaging Magic Nodes.
The Ice Shards build needs attention to resource management and lots of cooldowns. This build is great at dealing damage to single targets and can cut through multiple enemies thanks to the Aspect of Piercing Cold. Also, using the Frost Nova ability to freeze an entire group of enemies also automatically allows you to use the Ice Shards ability with the Enhancement effect. This barrier of projectiles is capable of killing even the strongest enemies, hitting them multiple times at once.
In case you are not using the Destructive Ice Shards ability in your Ice Shards Sorcerer build, you can use the Mystical Frost Nova ability to inflict a Vulnerable state on enemies. The Greater Ice Shards skill, on the other hand, increases damage dealt by 25%, even against bosses. You can also make use of other abilities such as Ice Armor, Protection, and Prime Deep Freeze to strengthen your barrier, as well as resort to the use of Avalanche to deal greater damage to single targets.
For the Ice Shards build, you must collect any uncommon item drops that may contain upgrades if you want to farm Sorcerers. By keeping the good qualities of legendary items, you can later take the good qualities out of the legendary items and imprint the good qualities on correctly rolled rare items. Swords have an advantage over daggers when comparing weapons with comparable item levels since they deal greater damage per hit and implicit critical strike damage. When selecting gear for the Ice Shards build, it is crucial to pay close attention to the following stats:
- + DPS value, Critical Strike Damage, and Vulnerable Damage
- + DPS value, Cooldown Reduction, Mana Cost Reduction, Lucky Hit Chance to Restore Primary Resource, and Critical Strike Chance
- + Cooldown Reduction, Maximum Mana, and Armor
- + Armor, Damage Reduction, DR from Close Enemies, DR from Distant Enemies, and DR from Burning Enemies
- + Ranks of Ice Shards, Attack Speed, Critical Strike Chance, and Lucky Hit Chance to Restore Primary Resource
- + Armor, Damage Reduction, DR from Close Enemies, DR from Distant Enemies, and DR from Burning Enemies
- + Mana Cost Reduction
- + Ranks of Frost Nova and Ranks of Teleport
- + Cooldown Reduction, Mana Cost Reduction, and Ranks of the Devouring Blaze Passive
- + Ranks of All Defensive Skills
- + Critical Strike Chance and Damage, and Vulnerable Damage
If you want your Ice Shards Sorcerer build in Diablo 4 to function as intended, you must take legendary attributes into account. We've made the decision to compile a list of all the Aspects you will need to employ for your Ice Shards build in order for it to function properly. All of the items on it are listed below.
- Aspect of Control (You deal 25–35% more damage to Immobilized, Stunned, or Frozen enemies)
- Wand, Focus, Gloves, or Rings
- Aspect of Piercing Cold (Ice Shards pierce 3-4 times, dealing 25% less damage per subsequent enemy hit)
- Elementalist's Aspect (Core or Mastery Skills cast at or above 100 Mana gain a 20–40%] increased Critical Strike Chance)
- Aspect of Frozen Memories (The Avalanche Key Passive now applies to 1 additional cast)
- Edgemaster's Aspect (Skills deal up to 10–20% increased damage based on your available Primary Resource when cast, receiving the maximum benefit while you have full Primary Resource)
- Conceited Aspect (Deal 15–25% increased damage while you have a Barrier active)
- Aspect of Fortune (Your Lucky Hit Chance is increased by 10–20% while you have a Barrier active)
- Helm or Pants
- Aspect of Disobedience (You gain 0.25–0.50% increased Armor for 4 seconds when you deal any form of damage, stacking up to 15–30%)
- Frostblitz Aspect (Frost Nova gains an additional Charge but the Cooldown per Charge is increased by 40–30%)
- Aspect of Binding Embers (Flame Shield lets you move unhindered through enemies. Enemies you move through while Flame Shield is active are Immobilized for 2–3 seconds)
We will mention a few gems, elixirs, and potions that are compatible with the Ice Shards build in order to conclude this essay. We advise you to visit the alchemist frequently to produce elixirs and potions that are more potent and durable. It is highly recommended that you use any elixirs that increase your stats and grant you extra experience points for 30 minutes, such as Precision or Weak Assault. However, we strongly advise that you rely on the following gems for your Ice Shards Sorcerer build:
- Weapon: Royal Emerald for Critical Strike Damage to Vulnerable Enemies
- Armor: Royal Ruby for Maximum Life or Royal Topaz to prevent deaths from chain Crowd Controls
- Jewelry: Royal Skull for Armor