What are the best Legends in Apex Legends Season 17? The Apex Legends Season 17 tier list covers who the top picks are.
Apex Legends goes through a lot of changes each season, but there are always some characters who are stronger than others. Some Legends get a lot more play than others. For good reason too. No matter how well-balanced a game is, there’s always going to be a bit of unevenness. That’s where an Apex Legends Season 17 tier list comes in.
The best Legends in Apex Legends Season 17 aren’t all the same as previous seasons. Quite a few have moved around a bit, even if Bloodhound keeps his high spot. If you want to get into which the best characters are, we’ll break them down tier by tier. The best Legends, through to the worst. A complete Apex Legends Season 17 tier list.
- 1 S Tier – Apex Legends Season 17 Tier List
- 2 A Tier – Apex Legends Season 17 Tier List
- 3 B Tier – Best Apex Legends Season 17 Tier List
- 4 C Tier – Apex Legends Season 17 Tier List
S Tier – Apex Legends Season 17 Tier List
The S Tier is definitely the most powerful in the whole Apex tier list. These are Apex Legends characters who, in a lot of cases, have been up to for ages. A lot of them have been here through the Season 16 tier list and before. The S Tier of the game are Legends who absolutely excel in their particular niche. These are the top Legends in the game in any mode.
Bloodhound has been one of the best characters in the game for ages. He has intel tools which make him unparalleled, no one really beats him here. Bloodhound has next-level speed and the ability to find or avoid enemies basically as much as you want. He’s one of the best Legends in Apex Legends Season 17.
Valkyrie comes out on top for quite a few reasons, starting with mobility. Her mobility abilities are fantastic for repositioning. This is pretty key in a battle royale. Having a Valk on the team massively increases the utility available to the team. Outside of that, there are great tactical uses for abilities like Missile Swarm too. Definitely one of the best Legends in Apex Season 17.
Seer is another intel-strong player who has stayed at the top of the Apex Legends Season 17 tier list. He’s another character with tons of potential. His Ultimate is another level for scanning and you can get info on enemy positioning pretty frequently. He’s useful in a lot of different team combinations which comes in really handy.
A Tier – Apex Legends Season 17 Tier List
The A Tier is a step-down but just slightly. There are a lot of Legends in this section. It’s basically the better half of the game. Apex Legends esports events see these pulled out quite a bit. There are plenty of Legends here which are basically the top of their category but less essential to a team than the characters in the S-Tier.
Horizon is another Legend which can be great in a few situations. Once you get the hang of Blackhole it really opens things up. Spacewalk and gravity lift are both useful too. Ultimately her kit is pretty circumstantial, but if you can make the most of it, it’s pretty useful.
Gibraltar is a tank-style legend who has been a good choice for Apex for a few seasons now. There are really good abilities here like shields and Defensive Bombardment which is great for zoning out in the open. There are some solid cooldowns here though like his huge hitbox. Gibraltar is still pretty high in the Apex Legends Season 17 tier list though despite some drawbacks.
Wraith is one of the original Legends with high-level potential for offense and mobility. She has moved around a fair bit in Apex tier lists over the years though. You can rotate a lot quicker using her portals. She doesn’t have the most utility outside of rotating in and out of fights, but since that’s an important part of the game that’s pretty important!
Lifeline is a bit of a special case in the Apex Legends Season 17 tier list. Lifeline is a healer, and with the class system, they now have a few more support systems like easier respawns. These have pretty good utilities for a lot of different teams. It isn’t always necessary to be running a healer but a skilled player can make a lot out of Lifeline. They’re one of the best Legends in Apex Legends Season 17.
Octane is a bit more of a controversial pick in Apex Legends Season 17 tier list though. His jump pad is great for rotation, there are other abilities which make it much better for aggressive play. There are some downsides here with being too situational, but it isn’t the worst set-up in the game.
Loba is a Legend who works really well for the late game, but does struggle elsewhere. You can get access to loot pretty quickly if you play well, so a lot of her powers aren’t really the best unless you’re in a specifically unlikely game. Other abilities have been pulled up recently though, like better movement which just about brings her up in the rankings.
Ballistic is the newest Legend and this season and they’ve not been without their strengths. Their debuff powers are pretty useful in the game. The Ultimate’s buffs are especially powerful. They could move around next season, but for now Ballistic is pretty useful.
Bangalore has tons of abilities which can work really well. Rolling Thunder is especially powerful. Then there’s the smoke ability which is pretty useful across team comps. Bangalore is very versatile. Not as indispensable as those in the A tier but really important.
Pathfinder is a mobility-focused character with quite a bit of potential. Getting the Ult reset from being a Skirmisher can help things out a lot. As can using ziplines consistently. Although, there are stronger Legends with mobility in the game so they’re not quite at the top of the Apex Legends Season 17 tier list.
Newcastle is one of the best defensive Legends in Apex Legends Season 17, but there are a lot of reasons why not every team always carries a defensive Legend. Abilities like Castle Wall and Shields are really good at keeping your team alive. It really comes down to focus though. He could be top tier if you’re specifically a defensive player, but not quite in a general Apex Legends Season 17 tier list.
B Tier – Best Apex Legends Season 17 Tier List
The B Tier is another notch down. This is where most of the remaining Legends sit. It’s a tier where characters who are a little outclassed mainly sit. These are characters who have better options in their class or are just sometimes too circumstantial. These are the picks on this tier.
- Catalyst – A defensive legend that works well in the late game. However, there are better options with these powers.
- Ash – Ash is solid for rotation and pushing in some situations. However, there isn’t much utility to them.
- Caustic – As another defensive Legend, Caustic has some really useful abilities. There are too many counters compared to others in the category to really be one of the best Legends in Apex Season 17 though.
- Wattson – Wattson’s abilities are fun. Especially in the late game where locking things down is much more useful. Just not useful enough across a wider game though.
- Maggie – Mad Maggie is decent for moving around fast enough. There are some abilities to push players too. Maggie’s too circumstantial to get too high in the Apex Legends Season 17 tier list though.
- Revenant – It’s no secret that Revenant is getting rebooted next season. That’s because their current kit just isn’t good enough. They’re far too circumstantial, even if Silence can be useful in specific ways.
- Fuse – Fuse has useful abilities but is generally outdone by other assault Legends higher in the Apex tier list. While useful, most of his abilities can be tricky to get exactly right.
- Vantage – Vantage is great for long-range play. It’s really useful in some ways. However, you’ll need to be in specific circumstances to get the most out of them.
- Mirage – This Legend is not great. If you play Mirage well, there’s some utility especially with them getting improved a bit this season. He’s roughly outclassed though.
C Tier – Apex Legends Season 17 Tier List
C tier is basically the bottom of the game. These are the Legends pretty much entirely outgunned.
- Rampart – Rampart has moves that are far too easily counterable. It’s just difficult to get very far with him.
- Crypto – Crypto’s kit is far too specialist and he’s outplayed by better recon Legends.
That’s how each Legend compares. Things move around with patches and other Apex Legends news though. It’s worth keeping an eye on things as the game can change things up with each alteration to the game. Even if characters like Bloodhound are pretty much always on top of the Apex Legends Season 17 tier list.