This is everything that's going on in the new Apex Legends Fight or Fright 2022 event!
The Apex Legends Halloween Event is getting underway very soon, and we’ve got a good look at what’s coming. Apex Legends Fight or Fright 2022 has been unveiled. Just like in previous updates, there’s an LTM hitting the game as well as come Halloween-themed cosmetics. However, there’s one big difference this time around. There’s a new map.
Typically the Apex Halloween event brings an LTM with Shadow Royale, monster-like skins, and a cosmetic change to warrant jumping in for the next few weeks. However, the new map adds a whole new element. This is way more content than typically arrives for a seasonal event. Players are going to have a lot to get through over October, with a full schedule of both content and cosmetics over a full week.
This is everything new and what’s coming in the Apex Legends Fight or Fright 2022 Event:
Apex Legends Fight or Fright 2022
Shadow Royale Returns
The Shadow Royale mode is the main event for Halloween. It’s been here since 2020. It’s returning this year again. However, it’s a bit bigger this time around. For Apex Legends Fight or Fright 2022, it’s got a new map that should significantly spice things up for this year.
Shadow Royale is a trios game with new mechanics to keep things interesting. This is an event dominated by Shadow Revenant.
Players drop in as normal, but when you die you become shadows. This is a different form for each Legend. In this mode, you have a few different ways of interacting with the game.
- Shadows can’t use weapons, items, or abilities.
- You can use melee attacks. These deal 50 damage.
- Shadows can move faster. They can also climb on walls.
- They have 75 health.
- Finishers will restore full health to Shadows.
- Shadows will respawn over and over again, as long as one teammate is still alive. However, it takes longer to respawn each time around.
- Shadow Spawn points are active on the map. Players come back at the spawn point closest to their teammates.
- Shadows will drop only ammo when killed.
This is a fun twist on Apex. With teams only needing one teammate around to keep going, the late game can get pretty stacked. There are some other changes to the game too, like supply bins sometimes having spiders or zombies jumping out when they opened up.
This is a fun change to the game. However, a brand-new map is coming this time around, making it even more exciting.
Olympus After Dark
In previous years, Fight or Fright has been set in a kind of Shadow Realm. This was an alternative version of maps. It’s got some relevance to Apex Legends lore. However, it does mix things up for gameplay too.
Olympus After Dark is a new version of the Apex map. This new version has no sun, and some general creepy theming. This year it’s a bit different from the past Olympus, and this is a fun way to get an older map back in the game.
The new map is a big part of Apex Legends Fight or Freight 2022 and Shadow Royale specifically. However, the full schedule seems to show that other game modes are getting a go at the new map too. Gun Run will be played on a new version of the Autumn Estates area. Control is getting a fresh look as well. This mode is at set in Singh Labs too.
Schedule for Limited Time Modes in Fight or Fright 2022
The Apex Legends Fight or Frist 2022 event is going to have a whole run of LTMs. This is going to be the schedule for the LTMs over the event:
- Shadow Royale Olympus After Dark (October 4-11)
- Gun Run on Estates After Dark, Skulltown, and Fragment East (October 11-18)
- Control on lava Siphon, Barometer, and Labs After Dark (October 18-25)
- Shadow Royale on Olympus After Dark (October 25- November 1)
The LTMs will be on this rotation. As long as players jump in every week or so, there are going to be enough opportunities for Apex players to get a chance at each of these new LTMs.
Control Mode Changes
With Control mode making a return for the Apex Legends fight or Fright event, it’s a great time to jump back in. However, the mode is getting a few quality-of-life changes that should help to improve the overall experience.
These are some of the changes that have been made for Control mode this time:
- MRB Timed Event – You can grab the MRB and destroy it to get a temporary Spawn point for your team.
- Ping Zones – You can now ping zones from the spawn screen.
- Ordnance – This has changed, you can now pick this up when you walk near it.
- Intro Screen – You can emote here!
- Hammond Labs – This map is now taking place on the Olympus After Dark version of the game!
- New Weapon Loadouts
- Threat Scopes and Sights
- Healing Items – You can’t Ping these anymore
- Spawn Rate Changes
- Player Spawn System – Players shouldn’t be spawning in sight of enemies anymore or too close to them in general.
Apex Legends Fight or Fright 2022 Cosmetics
New skins for Halloween are one of the main attractions each year. There are going to be new Halloween-themed looks for quite a few of the legends in the store over the next few weeks. There are going to be brand-new skins, like the Apex Halloween skins that have already been leaked. There are also going to be some fan-favorite skins making a limited-time comeback though, bringing back some of the last rounds of Halloween skins for the game. These include:
- Voidwalker (Back October 4-11)
- Memoir Noir (October 11-18)
The last two weeks will have even more themed skins making a comeback. Although, we don’t have an entire schedule for that part of the game just yet.
Those are all of the big changes coming to Apex over the next month. This event is releasing on the same day as the new Overwatch game releases, with all of its new features. Apex and Overwatch have quite a bit in common, with both being Hero Shooters. This new event for Apex should help to keep some eyes on the game even with more competition around.