Here is our pick for the top 3 most awesome Dota 2 laning duo Hero combos that will ensure you dominate your lane for some easy MMR
In Dota 2, winning your lane is vital. Choosing the right Hero combo helps you secure resources, control the map, and set the game's pace. Smart choices and effective teamwork make your lane the path to victory.
So without further ado, let's head into some tried and tested Hero duos that you can abuse to secure some easy MMR and climb the rank tree with dominating vigor.
Top 3 Dual Hero Combos
Here are our picks for some of the most powerful and unstoppable Hero duos that will dominate any lane.
1. Kunkka and Magnus Laning Duo – Cleave Ho!
Kunkka is a strategic Strength Hero with a set of versatile nukes capable of heavily disrupting enemy formations and teamfights. His Torrent launches enemies into the air, slowing and damaging an area. His Tidebringer lets him cleave a large amount of damage, and his X Marks the Spot is perfect for bringing an enemy back. His Ghostship helps damage and stun enemies, as well as buff allies in teamfights.
Magnus is a flexible Universal Hero capable of heavily controlling enemies with his disables in teamfights. His Shockwave and Skewer lets him nuke and drag enemies to a position of his choosing, while his Empower lets his allies cleave with bonus damage. His Reverse Polarity drags enemies in front of him to stun them.
- Shockwave + Torrent – Magnus’s Shockwave is a powerful nuke ability that deals a large amount of damage in a straight line. Kunkka’s Torrent launches enemies into the air while dealing slow DoT (damage over time). In combination, these abilities can deal a lot of damage to any foe caught by the Torrent.
- Tidebringer + Empower – Tidebringer does a ridiculous amount of damage in an area in front of Kunkka whenever he right clicks. With the cleave and bonus damage from Empower from Magnus, Kunkka’s Tidebringer hits can dish out surprising amounts of damage to any lane opponent standing far away.
- X Marks the Spot + Skewer – X Marks the Spot allows Kunkka to bring an opponent back to where they were a few seconds ago, making it an ideal way for an enemy to be forced into a Skewer by Magnus. This can land the opponent in awkward situations, including right under the attack of towers in the early-game.
- Reverse Polarity + Ghostship – Magnus’s Reverse Polarity is capable of stunning and bringing enemies in an AoE (area of effect) together, creating the perfect landing spot for a well-placed, devastating Kunkka Ghostship.
2. Faceless Void and Witch Doctor Laning Duo – Trapped in Death
Faceless Void (FV) is a highly mobile Agility Hero who excels in controlling time and locking enemies to this advantage. His Time Walk allows him to move forward, yet travel in time to his past Health. His Time Dilation and Time Lock let him capture his enemies in time, pausing their cooldown and stunning them. His Chronosphere freezes all units in a small AoE, rendering them unable to move.
Witch Doctor (WD) is a strong supportive Intelligence Hero who can heal his allies and damage his enemies with powerful abilities. His Paralyzing Cask helps him stun multiple enemies in succession so he can curse them with Maledict, applying their damage input. His Voodoo Restoration heals his allies while his Death Ward bursts down enemies with powerful projectiles.
- Paralyzing Cask + Time Walk – When engaged upon, Witch Doctor can use his Paralysing Cask to stun enemies and allow Faceless Void to escape with Time Walk. When initiating upon a hero, WD can stun them along with nearby enemies, setting up FV to Time Walk and attack them.
- Time Walk + Voodoo Restoration – Faceless Void’s Time Walk ability lets him move back in time with every jump, allowing him to return to his previous state of health. This, in combination with a small amount of Voodoo Restoration, has no trouble keeping FV’s HP intact in lane.
- Paralyzing Cask + Maledict + Time Lock – Starting with Paralyzing Cask to stun the enemies, WD can follow up with a Maledict to curse the targets with amplified damage. With some luck, Faceless Void can hit some procs of Time Lock and have no trouble taking down the enemy target.
- Chronosphere + Maledict + Death Ward – A well-placed Chronosphere can trap multiple enemy Heroes, giving Witch Doctor the chance to curse them with Maledict and nuke them down with a Death Ward placed outside the Chronosphere’s AoE. With his talent upgrades, WD can deal devastating damage in teamfights.
3. Axe and Lich Laning Duo – Ice Cold Berserkers
Axe is a tanky Strength Hero capable of taunting his enemies, locking them down and punishing them with powerful counters. His Berserker’s Call and Counter Helix combo is infamous, taunting enemies in a small AoE into attacking Axe and returning damage with Counter Helix procs. His Battle Hunger also deals damage overtime to enemies, and once they reach a HP threshold, Axe can end them with a Culling Blade.
Lich is a powerful support Intelligence Hero who can dish out large amounts of magic damage and buff his allies with cold-to-touch armor. His Frost Blast is a highly spammable spell, dealing damage to a target and their surroundings, and slowing them as well. His Sinister Gaze stuns and draws enemies closer, prepping them for a Chain Frost that bounces amongst enemy units, dealing heavy damage. His Frost Shield can be cast on allies to give them added protection.
- Berserker’s Call + Frost Shield – Berserker’s Call is a powerful initiation ability that grants Axe bonus armor, while taunting enemies to attack him. This ability, paired with the damage reduction, and the damage and slow debuff of the Frost Shield, can help Axe take less damage and slow any attackers significantly.
- Sinister Gaze + Battle Hunger – Axe’s Battle Hunger can deal quite a significant amount of damage and slow the enemy if they do not last hit a creep. This can be easily stopped with Lich’s Sinister Gaze, forcing them to move towards Lich and away from creepwaves, and lining them up for more harassment, including a Berserker’s Call.
- Battle Hunger + Frost Blast – Lich’s Frost Blast is a powerful nuke ability, especially in the early game, and due to its spammability, can be used to severely harass opponents in lane. This ability, paired with the slow and damage over time of Battle Hunger can make landing really difficult for any hero.
- Berserker’s Call + Chain Frost – A well-placed Berserker’s Call can easily catch multiple opponents, setting up the perfect opportunity for Lich to Chain Frost enemy Heroes taunted to the fullest potential.
Stay Tuned For More Broken Laning Duos
Try these combos in your games! Master their strengths and enjoy the rewarding impact. Try out different Hero Laning Duos and stay tuned for more combos, as we'll be posting them soon for you to experiment with.