The idea of this Dota 2 Lich Guide is to show you everything you need to know about the hero.
Although not everyone is interested in playing with Lich, there is no arguing this is one of the most intriguing heroes. He’sa popular support that can fit into many roles. Moreover, this is among the Position 5 heroes with the highest damage output in the game.
Before diving into this Lich Dota 2 guide, it’s worth knowing the hero deals between 48-57 damage. He has 290 movement speed and 1.8 armor, which makes him relatively squishy. Luckily, he has a lot of other things to make up for it, and we’ll learn more about them in just a bit.
People usually focus on the most popular Dota 2 Lich build, but it’s worth knowing more details about the hero’s abilities.
- Frost Blast – This is an AoE ability that deals up to 160 damage and slows down the enemy’s movement and attack speed.
- Frost Shield – The Dota 2 Lich Frost Shield gives a 60% damage reduction, and it slows down enemy units by 35% for 0.5s. Moreover, the ability deals 50 damage per sec and lasts for 8s.
- Sinister Gaze – This channeling ability drains 10% mana from the enemy hero per second. It lasts 2s and disables the enemy unit while it’s being pulled towards Lich.
- Chain Frost – A very strong ultimate that deals 550 damage bounce, and each bounce adds 25 damage. In total, the ultimate can bounce 10 times, and it will also slow enemy’s movement speed by 65% and removes 60% of the attack speed.
If you get a Dota 2 Lich shard, the hero will have access to an ability called Ice Spike. This thing will summon a Spike that last 15s, which will slow down the enemy’s movement speed by 30%. Moreover, Lich’s ultimate can bounce off it, and the hero can also use his Frost Shield. Ice Spike can die after 5 hero attacks or 10 attacks from creeps, but the Frost Shield can heal it.
Lich players who decide to get an Aghanim’s Scepter will make Sinister Gaze an AoE ability, and the hero can use other abilities while channeling it.
The perfect Lich Dota 2 build requires you to know more about the talents, so let’s go through them.
- Level 10 – +150 Frost Blast Radius and Damage or + 10% Frost Shield Damage Reduction
- Level 15 – -3s Frost Blast Cooldown or +0.4s Sinister Gaze Duration
- Level 20 – +4s Frost Shield Duration or Chain Forst on Death
- Level 25 – Chain Frost Unlimited Bounces or Frost Shield provides + 50 HP Regen
Dota 2 Lich Guide – Tips
Whether you like the Lich Dota 2 responses or how he looks, there is no arguing this hero is special. Since he is among the best position 5s in the game, his job is to help the carry and try to land at least a couple of kills on the enemy offlaner. Lich’s offensive abilities allow the hero to work well with many carries, such as Slark, Ursa, Juggernaut, and more.
All supports heroes following 7.33 usually focus on stacking Neutral Creeps, so this one is no exception. Interestingly, Lich has the potential to stack multiple camps simultaneously, which increases his team’s farming speed.
Lich will most likely be the first hero to die during team fights, so there’s no point in using your Frost Shield on yourself. Instead, try giving it to the target that will go in first. Also, it’s worth using your ultimate right away because you may not have the chance to do that a few seconds after the fight starts. In an ideal situation, you will be able to use Sinister’s Gaze on the most important target from the enemy team, which should allow you to land a kill.
Lich Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
Before looking at the important Dota 2 Lich items, it’s worth pointing out some of the hero’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Works well with aggressive carries
- Can deal absurd amounts of damage for a support hero
- Lich can disable his enemies
- The hero is good against low-mana pool opponents
- Frost Shield can be incredibly strong later on
- Unless people use their important abilities right away, they could die without doing anything
Dota 2 Lich Guide – Items
There are several interesting Lich Dota 2 items you can go for, but it usually depends on the specific game. Having said that, a few items are more popular among players than others, so let’s learn more about them.
Lich needs to get Observer Wards (possibly Sentries too) and some HP/Mana regen.
Like most supports, Lich’s early game won’t be that good item-wise. Usually, the hero only has Boots of Speed and a Magic Wand.
Often confused for the Dota 2 Lich King, this hero can get a lot of cool items for the mid-game. This includes Aether Lens, Force Staff, and a Glimmer Cape.
The best late-game items for Lich include an Aghanim’s Scepter, Ghost Scepter, Scythe of Vyse, and more.
Lich Dota 2 Counter
In terms of the Dota 2 Lich counter, this hero could be better when playing against specific heroes. Generally speaking, all cores are efficient against this hero, but there are a few that are hard to deal with.
- Zeus – This is one of the mid heroes with the highest magical damage output, making him extremely effective against Lich.
- Tinker – Similar to Zeus, Tinker is highly effective against the likes of Lich.
- Anti-Mage – One of the best late-game carries works well against all INT heroes, including Lich.
- Huskar – This hero can be unstoppable when he’s ahead, and his Ult means Lich’s slows are not that effective.
Whether you check the Lich Dota 2 wiki for more information or decide to start playing right away, there’s no arguing Lich is among the best heroes you can get. He is highly efficient and can do a lot of damage to all enemies. Moreover, his skill set allows him to work better with most carries.