Here's every change coming to Overwatch 2 from January 5's patch notes.
With the start of the new year came another slew of fixes, adjustments and hero changes. The most notable among these was seen from the queen of the wasteland herself. This time around, only certain heroes from the Tank and Support role were given buffs, some better than others. Further, we also got confirmation of competitive Capture the Flag taking place on January 10. Changes to the user interface of the competitive play loading screen were also implemented.
Overwatch 2's seasonal "Battle for Olympus" battleground event also makes its debut this season, albeit not being the focus of today's game updates. From January 5-19, players can participate in a free-for-all deathmatch featuring rethemed heroes with new, empowered "divine ultimates". While also gathering points for event prizes, a huge scoreboard that tallies each mythic deity's total eliminations also determines which hero will have a special statue erected upon the limited-time event's end.
Recently, a bug involving Junkerqueen's new and improved Carnage ability was discovered on the eve of the patch's release. This unfortunate glitch, which allowed you to reset the cooldown even when you hit destructible terrain, has since been quickly patched from the current version of Overwatch 2.
Here's everything that was introduced to the game in the latest update:
- Fixed a bug with Souvenirs being incorrectly placed on Ramattra
- Fixed an issue with Kiriko's Ofuda displaying black textures during her Whirlwind emote
- Fixed an issue with Reaper's animations when ending his 'Take a knee' emote
- Resolved an issue with placeable abilities (turrets, mines) floating after the destructible environment they were placed on was destroyed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users seeing a black screen as their Main Menu background
- Fixed a bug that caused "Group Up" to say "I'm on my way" in unintended circumstances.
- Fixed an issue on some consoles that resulted in blurry graphics
- Fixed an issue where some players were not able to invite across certain consoles
- Fixed some performance issues in the Hero Gallery on Console platforms
- Resolved an issue where Daily Challenges were not rolling over for some users
- Fixed an issue where the end-of-game 'DRAW' text would not appear for players if a colorblind setting was active
- Resolved an issue with 'Invite to Custom Game' not appearing as an option in the Social Menu
- Fixed some areas that allowed players to escape the map boundaries
- Fixed some areas where players could become stuck
- Fixed some areas where some abilities could be 'eaten' by the environment
- Fixed lighting and geometry in several areas across the map
- Fixed an issue where Bastion's sound effects could loop at the location of death
- Fixed an issue where Bastion's whole screen would turn yellow when healed by a Brigitte Repair Pack
- Fixed a bug with Swift Step in Capture the Flag that would send the Flag to the destination instead of dropping it where the ability was activated
- Fixed Mercy's Guardian Angel sometimes allowing her to escape Ramattra's Ravenous Vortex
- Fixed an issue with missing assets on Ramattra's Hero Information page
- Fixed an issue with Ramattra's Primary Fire effects not displaying the correct amount of projectiles for other players
- Ramattra should now play rumble effects on gamepads/controllers
- Ramattra can no longer have more than one barrier active at a time. Note: This could not happen in standard modes, only Custom Game or modes with low cooldowns
- Fixed an issue where Pulse Bomb would not damage Tracer if it was 'Stuck' to an enemy
For the latest news on Overwatch 2, follow ESTNN.