This article will give a short guide on the easiest agents to pick up for Valorant in 2024
Valorant can be very daunting for people who are new to shooter games, especially with the added depth of learning about each and every agent of the game in order to do well. This article will offer some insight on the easiest agents to learn in Valorant.
Easiest Controller: Brimstone
Source: RIOT Games
The bearded macho soldier looks a lot tougher than he is to play. A controller’s role in the team is to slice up the enemy environment and provide cover, through the use of ‘smokes’ – a sphere that blocks line of sight for a brief period of time – and Brimstone does exactly that. His kit is as follows:
- Stim Beacon (C) – INSTANTLY toss down a stim beacon. Upon landing, it creates a field that grants players a Combat Stim and a Speed Boost. Costs 200.
- Incendiary (Q) – EQUIP an incendiary grenade launcher. FIRE to launch a grenade that detonates as it comes to a rest on the floor, creating a lingering fire zone that damages players within the zone. Costs 250.
- Sky Smoke (E) – EQUIP a tactical map. FIRE to set locations where Brimstone's smoke clouds will land. ALT FIRE to confirm, launching long-lasting smoke clouds that block vision in the selected area. Costs 100 with a cooldown of 19.25 seconds.
- Ultimate: Orbital Strike (X) – EQUIP a tactical map. FIRE to launch a lingering orbital strike laser at the selected location, dealing high damage-over-time to players caught in the selected area. Takes 8 ultimate points to activate.
His abilities are very intuitive to learn and is a great start if you want to main controller; a role that has a very high skill-ceiling in general. The Stim Beacon provides great support for the whole team as it boosts the movement speed and firing rate for everyone in the team, and his ultimate is a terrific way to stall opponents or for enabling crowd control.
Easiest Initiator: Fade
Source: RIOT Games
An Initiator’s presence provides information for the rest of the team, allowing the duelist to determine who they will pick out first and enabling strategic planning overall. The Turkish agent Fade made her debut on April 27, 2022 when Episode 4 Act 3 dropped. Her kit:
- Prowler (C) – EQUIP a prowler. FIRE to send the prowler forward. HOLD FIRE to steer the prowler towards your crosshair. The prowler will chase down the first enemy or terror trail it sees, and nearsight the enemy on impact. Costs 250 each.
- Seize (Q) – EQUIP a knot of raw fear. FIRE to throw. The knot drops down after a set time. RE-USE to drop the knot early. The knot ruptures on impact, holding nearby enemies in place. Held enemies are Deafened, and Decayed. Costs 200.
- Haunt (E) – EQUIP a haunting watcher. FIRE to throw. The watcher drops down after a set time. RE-USE to drop the watcher early. The watcher lashes out on impact, Revealing enemies in its line of sight and creating terror trails to them. Enemies can destroy the watcher. Free but takes 40 seconds to recharge after use.
- Ultimate: Nightfall (X) – EQUIP the power of nightmare itself. FIRE to unleash a wave of unstoppable nightmare energy. Enemies caught in the wave are Marked by terror trails, Deafened, and Decayed. Costs 8 Ultimate points.
Staying true to her gothic and dark demeanor, her kit is just as scary to deal with if you’re against her. And what’s better is that it’s not hard to get your head wrapped around. It may seem like a lot to take in at first but the main thing to keep in mind when is that the Prowlers are your best friends because of the tether trail they leave behind when an enemy is caught. Her ‘Haunt’ works in a similar fashion and is a great way to start rounds as it gives you instant information about where the team is about to push.
Easiest Duelist: Reyna
Source: RIOT Games
Killing means fun, right? Well, there’s a lot more to duelists than just taking fights without planning beforehand and it can be very tough to learn the flow of a duelist if you pick a hard agent to start with. Thankfully, Reyna’s kit is extremely forgiving especially because of her healing mechanic, allowing room for mistakes. Her kit is as follows:
- Leer (C) – EQUIP an ethereal, destructible eye. ACTIVATE to cast the eye a short distance forward. The eye will Nearsight all enemies who look at it. Costs 250 each.
- Devour (Q) – INSTANTLY consume a nearby soul orb, rapidly Healing for a short duration. Health gained through this skill exceeding 100 will decay over time. If Empress is active, this skill will automatically cast and not consume the Soul Orb. Costs 200.
- Dismiss (E) – INSTANTLY consume a nearby Soul Orb, becoming Intangible for a short duration. If Empress is active, also become Invisible.Costs 200.
- Ultimate: Empress (X) – INSTANTLY enter a frenzy, gaining a Combat Stim that increases firing, equip and reload speed dramatically. Gain infinite charges of Soul Harvest abilities. When an enemy dies to Reyna, or dies within 3 seconds of taking damage from Reyna, the duration is renewed. Costs 6 Ultimate points.
Once you get momentum as Reyna, she’s almost unstoppable thanks to her Devour and Dismiss abilities, since every kill literally makes her stronger. Not to mention, the ultimate automatically heals her with each elimination and allows infinite usage of Dismiss, so get ready to spam it and make your opponent break their keyboards.
Easiest Sentinel: Sage
Source: RIOT Games
Sentinels are essentially the defensive/support roles of Valorant, and Sage is pretty much THE ultimate agent to learn for a beginner player. She can heal herself and others, put up walls and slow down the enemies with the slow orb. What else do you need?
- Barrier Orb (C) – EQUIP a barrier orb. FIRE places a wall that fortifies after a few seconds. ALT FIRE rotates the targeter. Costs 400.
- Slow Orb (Q) – EQUIP a slowing orb. FIRE to throw a slowing orb forward that detonates upon landing, creating a lingering field that Slows players caught inside of it. Costs 200.
- Healing Orb (E) – EQUIP a healing orb. FIRE with your crosshairs over a damaged ally to activate a Heal-Over-Time on them. ALT FIRE while Sage is damaged to activate a self Heal-Over-Time.
- Ultimate: Resurrection (X) – EQUIP a resurrection ability. FIRE with your crosshairs placed over a dead ally to begin resurrecting them. After a brief channel, the ally will be brought back to life with full health. Costs 8 Ultimate points.
Sage is also very forgiving for the player thanks to her self-heal ability, much like Reyna. It is very substantial compared to hers however, healing only for 30 HP. On the other hand, she heals her teammates for 100 HP per use, making it an ability that can upbring many clutches. And of course, her Resurrection, when used properly, can literally change the tide of the whole round and even the entire game.