This Dota 2 Ogre Magi guide will reveal all the hidden secrets behind one of the top-tier supports in Dota 2.
This Ogre Magi Dota 2 guide will show you everything you need to know about this hero and the things that make him special. He’s one of the hot support heroes in the game that’s usually popular in PUBs, however, some people also use him in the professional scene.
Ogre Magi is a melee Strength hero that starts the game with 6.3 armor. The hero has 290 movement speed and deals between 67 and 73 attack damage.
Besides the cool Dota 2 Ogre Magi skins, there are many other things about the hero that are worth knowing, so let’s learn more about them.
Regardless of the Dota 2 Ogre Magi update, the hero always had the same skillset that includes the following abilities:
- Fireblast – This ability deals 250 damage and stuns a target for 1.2s.
- Ignite – This ability lasts for 8s, deals 50 damage per second, and slows a target by 29%.
- Bloodlust – When used, this buffs a target for the 30s that gives 13% bonus movement speed, 60 attack speed, and 90 self-bonus attack speed.
- Multicast – This is a passive ultimate that gives the hero a 15% chance to get a 15x 4x multicast, 30% for a 3x multicast, and 75% for a 2x multicast.
- Dumb Luck – This is the hero’s second passive ability that increases the Multicast chance by 1% for each 20 STR. Moreover, this ability gives 6 mana per 1 STR.
Before taking a look at the Dota 2 Ogre Magi Multicast items, players who get an Aghs shard will get a Fire Shield. This thing creates a shield that absorbs damage from the next 3 attacks. Once that happens, the shield will fire the shot at the target and deal 160 additional damage.
Those who get an Aghanim’s Scepter will have access to Unrefined Fireblast. t. The latter stuns the target for 1.2s and deals 150 damage, but it costs 35% of Ogre Magi’s mana. Moreover, it will deal damage equal to 1.5x of Ogre's STR. Ogre's Level 10 talents that grant -1s cooldown also affect this ability.
Aside from the items, this Dota 2 Ogre Magi guide will also share some details about the talents.
- Level 10 – -1s Fireblast Cooldown or 16 Ignite DPS
- Level 15 – +250 Health or +80 Damage
- Level 20 – +25 Bloodlust Attack Speed or +30 Strength
- Level 25 – +24 Fireblast Damage or 17% Fireblast chance on attack
Dota 2 Ogre Magi Guide – Tips
Whether you have the Dota 2 Ogre Magi Arcana or no, there are a couple of things you must know about the hero. Ogre is notorious for being one of the most aggressive early-game supports in the game because of his STR and Armor. The hero can easily bully almost everyone, including some of the heroes that are harder to play against. Needless to say, you must use this to your advantage.
Considering Ogre’s early-game survivability and the fact he has a stun and a slow, the hero is pretty good for ganking. He can easily gank the enemy midder/safelane or just stay there and spam his abilities.
After the end of the laning stage, Ogre’s primary job is to stun the right targets and give his team Bloodlust. The latter is incredibly powerful when you give it to your cores, so you should try to do that all the time. The best Ogre Magi players in the world will even follow their cores around the map to give them the buff because this will increase their farming speed and make them a lot stronger.
As for his ability to land kills, regardless of the Ogre Magi Dota 2 build, the hero can be pretty effective against lower-HP targets. He can easily kill most squishy supports and can even burst down the glass cannon carries.
Dota 2 Ogre Magi Pros and Cons
Despite the many positives mentioned so far in this Dota 2 Ogre Magi guide, there are also a few drawbacks that have to be addressed. We’ve summarized both things below
- Very tanky early on
- The hero does more damage than his opponents expect
- He is good at ganking
- Can bully enemies away from the lane
- Bloodlust is one of the best single-target buffs
- Melee hero
- Not that efficient at the later stages of the game
When it comes down to the Ogre Magi Dota 2 build, the starting items the hero goes for include Tangos, Healing Salve, Clarity potions, Mangoes, and so on.
The early game items that Ogre should go for include a Magic Wand and Boots (Arcane Boots if possible). Some players like having at least 1 or 2 mangoes because this allows them to have mana when needed.
Ogre’s mid-game items include Magic Wand, Arcane Boots, and Force Staff. Players sometimes get Aether Lens, Ghost Scepter, Eul’s Scepter of Divinity, and Drum of Endurance.
Ogre’s late game items will depend on whether his team is winning. He can go for Aghanim’s Scepter, Octarine Core, Shiva’s Guard, Scythe of Vyse, and more.
Dota 2 Ogre Magi Counter
If you check the Ogre Magi Dota 2 wiki, you will see that there are a couple of big counters you need to be aware of:
- Timbersaw – Despite having a stun to deal with him, Timbersaw can be a very deadly opponent to play against. He deals too much damage and can easily kill this hero in seconds.
- Chaos Knight – CK’s ultimate dispels Ignitte, and his damage output allows him to kill Ogre in no time.
- Phantom Lancer – Like almost any carry, PL can deal with Ogre fairly easily, and he can dispel Ignite.
- Naga Siren – The same things said for PL apply to Naga. This hero is even more dangerous because she can Ensnare him.
- Slark – Slark really likes targes with more HP because it allows him to accumulate more stats. In other words, Ogre is the perfect target.
In addition to the Dota 2 Oger Magi voice lines, the hero is also pretty popular among PUB players. He is relatively easy to play and can counter some of the most popular heroes. Therefore, the hero is usually a solid option for support players who want to have fun.