This Dota 2 Juggernaut guide will reveal one of the most popular carries in the game.
Some Dota 2 heroes are among the fan-favorites in all patches, and Dota 2 Juggernaut is undoubtedly one of them. The hero has been around forever and has become the fan-favorite because of his unique abilities and amazing ultimate.
Juggernaut is a melee Agility hero that starts the game with around 54-56 damage, 5.7 armor, and 300 movement speed. Interestingly, the hero has 34 starting AGI (among the highest in the game), 20 STR, and 14 INT.
After sharing some details about the hero, let’s learn more about him in this Dota 2 Juggernaut guide.
Besides the numerous Dota 2 Juggernaut skins, the hero is also famous for his exceptional abilities, so let’s go through each one.
- Blade Fury – This ability lasts for 5s, during which Juggernaut is immune to debuffs, deals 165 damage per second, and has an 80% status resistance.
- Healing Ward – When used, Juggernaut summons a ward that lasts for 25s and heals 5% of the hero and his allies' HP. The ability lasts for 25 seconds and can be moved.
- Blade Dance – This is Juggernaut’s critical strike, which has a 35% chance to proc and deals 190% damage.
- Omnislash – The big ultimate allows the hero to land multiple slashes in a 3.5s duration. During that time, he gets 50 bonus damage and 40 attack speed.
If you get the Dota 2 Juggernaut shard, your Bladefury will have more movement speed and will attack a random target. As for the Aghanim’s Scepter, the latter will give Yurnero a new ability called Swiftslash, which is a miniature version of Omnislash.
Another important thing in this Juggernaut Dota 2 guide is the talents.
- Level 10 – +100 Blade Fury Radius or +5 All Stats
- Level 15 – +100 Blade Fury DPS or -20s Healing Ward Cooldown
- Level 20 – -3s Blade Fury Cooldown or +60% Blade Dance Lifesteal
- Level 25 – +2s Healing Hard Hits to Kill or +1s Omnislash Duration
Dota 2 Juggernaut Guide – Tips
When it comes down to Juggernaut Dota 2 tips, we have to say that this hero is unique in many ways. His excellent attack animation combined with Blade Fury makes him ideal for the early game. This is especially true when paired with a support that has a lot of disables, such as Shadow Shaman or Crystal Maiden.
Juggernaut is a hero that relies on his fast farming speed and the ability to take part in fights early on to snowball. He can be solid in the late game, although he’s mostly focused on dominating in the mid-game. Consequently, most people try to end the match there.
Before checking the Juggernaut Dotabuff page, you must learn how to use your ward and ult properly. As a rule of thumb, your ultimate should be used only when there are no creeps because Omnislash can jump on them. As for the ward, you must use it wisely because enemies will always try to destroy it right away.
Another thing to remember is that Juggernaut depends a lot on his cooldowns. The hero’s right-click damage is impressive, but he usually needs his ultimate and healing ward to be aggressive. Consequently, you should be more careful if these two abilities are not available.
Dota 2 Juggernaut Pros & Cons
Even though every Dota 2 Juggernaut build allows the hero to be dangerous, there are also a few drawbacks to take into account.
- A lot of damage output
- Strong in all stages of the game
- He can win many 1v1 duels
- Fast farmer
- He has several big counters
- Not that much mana to work with
- He is not that strong without his ultimate
Before checking the Dota 2 Juggernaut win rate, you need to know what items to get. In terms of the starting items, the hero requires the standard things that include a Healing Salve, Tango, and some stats.
Almost all Juggernaut Dota 2 build 2023 guides advise people to Phase Botos, Magic Wand, and some stats, such as a Wraith Band.
The mid game is very interesting for Juggernaut because he can choose all sorts of different items. Some people prefer using the classic Battlefury build that lets them farm faster. However, this Dota 2 Juggernaut guide also suggests trying out the Mask of Madness + Diffusal Blade + Manta Style strategy because it can be really strong.
Considering that Juggernaut Dota 2 can go for different kinds of item builds, his late game items can vary. Usually, players go for Monkey King Bar, Butterfly, Black King Bar, and Eye of Skadi. However, the hero can also go for a Desolator, Nullifier, Mjrollnir, and even Disperser.
Dota 2 Juggernaut counter
When it comes down to counters, there are a couple of big names in the Juggernaut Dota Wiki you should be aware of:
- Axe – Axe’s ability to use his Call and Blade Mail combo means that Juggernaut can die in a couple of seconds.
- Enigma – Besides Black Hole, Enigma’s Eidolons allow the hero to soak up more damage from Omnislash than the rest. Furthermore, Midnight Pulse and the ultimate go through Blade Fury.
- Ursa – One of the heroes to be aware of after reading the Juggernaut Dota 2 guide is Ursa. Her Fury Swipes and Enrage combo can be deadly for Juggernaut.
- Legion Commander – Legion Commander’s Duel pierces Blade Fury and pins down the hero in place, allowing her team to kill him.
- Sniper – Despite being squishy, the funny Dota 2 Juggernaut voice lines won’t help him if the hero keeps his distance.
Besides the fact that the hero is fun to play and extremely strong, you can also get a Dota 2 Juggernaut Arcana, making him among the few heroes that have this item. Overall, Juggernaut is fun to play and worth trying.