This Dota 2 Elder Titan guide is about to share some details about one of the heroes that does not get that much attention.
Despite his unique skills, Elder Titan is not one of the heroes that is as popular as the rest. There have been patches where this hero was more popular than the rest, but generally speaking, he’s always been an underrated pick. We hope that this Elder Titan Dota 2 guide will change your opinion about the hero because he definitely has what to offer.
Elder Titan is a support/offlaner and a malee STR hero that has 310 movement speed. His starting stats also include 2.7 armor and between 49-59 damage, making him one of the better laners in the game. Besides the Dota 2 Elder Titan lore, the hero is known for a lot of other things, so let’s begin.
Prior to checking the Elder Titan dota 2 pro tacker, here are a couple of things you need to know about the hero’s abilities.
- Echo Stomp – After a 1.7s casting time, ET will deal 160 damage and sleep all enemy units within 500 AoE for 4.4s. This ability has an 11s cooldown.
- Astral Spirit- This ability allows ET to summon his Spirit, which deals 50 damage to all enemy units it passes. Once it returns to the hero, it will give him bonus damage, armor, and movement speed, depending on the units it passes through. Moreover, the spirit allows ET to cast Echo Stomp, and it also adds the Natural Order ability.
- Natural Order – This ability reduces the base armor and resistance of enemy units bt 100%.
- Earth Splitter – This ability gives ET the option to ability to split the earth, doing 50% of the target’s HP as damage and slowing them down by 50% for 5s. Half of the damage is magical, whereas the other half is physical.
If you purchase a Shard, your Echo Stomp will have less cooldown, allowing ET to teleport to its spirit once the stomp is cast. Players who want to try an Aghanim’s Scepter will allow Elder Titan to become immune to debuffs and get a 50% magic resistance for 2s per affected enemy hero when his Spirit returns.
Elder Titan Dota 2 Build – Talents
The next important thing you need to know to choose your preferred Dota 2 Elder Titan build is the talents.
- Level 10 – +25 AS or Astral Spirit gives +2% MS per hero
- Level 15 – Astral Spirit gives +25 damage per hero or Echo Stomp gets +75 Damage
- Level 20 – Natural Order gets +100 Radis or +100 cleave
- Level 25 – Echo Stomp requires +450 Wake Damage or Earth Splitter gets -60s Cooldown
Dota 2 Elder Titan Guide – Tips
As you can see from the hero’s talents, there are people who will try using ET as a carry. Even though there might be situations where he can work, usually, this is not the case. As a result, the hero is mostly known as a support/offlaner that can work really well versus specific setups. For example, he is one of the best against heroes like Morphling because his passive allows his team to kill Morph very fast.
The main thing you need to get used to while playing with this hero is to learn how to use his abilities. Learning how to navigate with your spirit can be challenging, but once you know everything, you can harass your opponents early on. In fact, every good Dota 2 player knows that he has been aware of the sleep + ult combo because it can often lead to a kill. If you check the Dota 2 Elder Titan Reddit, you will find a lot of interesting topics about the potential damage the hero has and how to use it.
The interesting thing about ET is that he is good for the late game. Besides his unique talents, his ultimate deals HP-percentage damage, making it incredibly effective against tankier opponents.
Elder Titan Dota 2 – Pros and Cons
The Elder Titan Dota 2 wiki will show you a lot of good and bad things about the hero, but here are a couple of things that stand out.
- Excellent against high-armor and resistance heroes
- Can be annoying to play against
- The hero works well at all stages of the game
- Does not need that many items to be effective
- Relatively hard to master
- Only works well in some situations
Dota 2 Elder Titan Guide – Items
Visiting the Elder Titan Dota 2 Reddit will show you that people use all kinds of items. However, some are better than the rest, so let’s learn more about the most interesting items.
Most ET players start the game with some HP regen from Tangoes, Clarity Potions, and Wind Lance. The latter allows them to harass their opponents early on.
The best early game items for Elder Titan include a Magic Wand and Boots of Speed. Sometimes, players may have a good game and also go for a Soul Ring.
Tranquil Boots is the way to go for most ET players, but some of them prefer to get Arcane Boots. The hero can also benefit from items like Urn of Shadows and Eul’s Scepter of Divinity.
For the late game, most Elder Titan players try getting items like a Lotus Orb and Shiva’s Guard. If they have the chance, they can also go for a Scythe of Vyse.
Dota 2 Elder Titan counter
When it comes down to the Elder Titan Dota 2 counter, this hero is a support, so most players won’t get something just to shut him down. However. There might be exceptions, so here are some of the best heroes against him.
- Lifestealer – Naix can kill this hero in a matter of seconds, and he is immune to the CCs.
- Juggernaut – Similar to Naix, Juggernaut can be very strong because of Blade Fury.
- Clockwerk – Battery Assault does not allow Elder Titan to cast his abilities.
In the end, we can conclude that Elder Titan is a hero that can work well in some situations. However, due to his complexity and the fact that he has a lot of counters, he isn’t a hero in every game.