Players can use the Penetrating Shot build, one of the Diablo 4 best Rogue endgame builds, once the main story has been completed. We decided to give you some advice on the Diablo 4 best Rogue leveling build, and we will do the same for the best endgame builds. Due to the large number of alternatives and the fact that the optimal one will depend on your playing style, we will go into great detail about each option in individual articles. Let's move on to the Penetrating Shot build for Diablo 4 after discussing the Twisting Blades Rogue build.
Diablo 4 Penetrating Shot Rogue build explained
The Penetrating Shot build is a very powerful build that allows you to kill even the most fearsome enemies with relative ease. Obviously, to be able to do this, you'll need to create the build using the right skills and equipment, as well as relying on the right Paragon system. In addition to being able to deal a lot of damage to enemies, the Penetration Shot Rogue build also manages to grant an 80% Lucky Hit Chance when using 3 Combo Points.
Also, the Trickshot Aspect is useful for giving the Diablo 4 Penetration Shot Rogue build extra arrows to deal more aerial damage. For this reason, this build is perfect for players who prefer to fight from a distance to kill large groups of enemies; which will still prove to be very useful as you progress through the game and level up.
By now, it should be clear that focusing on abilities when designing a build is one of the most important steps. Diablo 4 has a vast array of skills that may be used to enhance a class, so it's important to carefully choose the talents that go best with the build you want to make. For use with the Penetrating Shot Rogue build in Diablo 4, the following talents are advised:
- Puncture Level 1
- Enhanced Puncture
- Fundamental Puncture
- Penetrating Shot Level 5
- Enhanced Penetrating Shot
- Advanced Penetrating Shot
- Stutter Step Level 3
- Dash Level 1
- Enhanced Dash
- Disciplined Dash
- Smoke Grenade Level 1
- Enhanced Smoke Grenade
- Countering Smoke Grenade
- Poison Trap Level 1
- Enhanced Poison Trap
- Countering Poison Trap
- Exploit Level 3
- Malice Level 3
- Agile Level 3
- Poison Imbuement Level 1
- Enhanced Poison Imbuement
- Blended Poison Imbuement
- Deadly Venom Level 1
- Debilitating Toxins Level 3
- Innervation Level 3
- Second Wind Level 3
- Adrenaline Rush Level 1
- Haste Level 3
The skills listed above are the most important ones that you absolutely must learn if you want your Penetrating Shot Rogue build to be successful and effective. The following extra things are still recommended to be unlocked, though:
- Alchemical Advantage Level 3
- Concussive Level 3
- Trick Attacks Level 1
- Weapon Mastery Level 2
You can access the Paragon advancement system, which gives you access to a range of skills for the Penetrating Shot build after your character reaches level 50. When it comes to stats like Damage, Intelligence, Resistance, and Life, it is advised that you give Normal and Magic Nodes precedence. As you level up, Ghyphs' sphere of influence expands. Therefore, if you are unable to meet the requirements, we do not recommend allocating extra nodes. On the other hand, if you don't have the necessary Glyph, you can use any other Glyph until you do.
Go up and to the right for the Starting board, then up to Prime. Buy the four Magic Nodes in the vicinity. Now, go up until you reach the first Glyph Socket. Insert the Chip and pay for every node offering Dexterity within the radius range to receive the Additional Bonus. Obtain Lawless nearby, then buy three Magic Nodes that provide Armor. Now acquire Skillfull and then buy three Magic Nodes that deal damage.
Move left to Spring-Loaded on the Deadly Ambush board after moving up. Purchase two nearby Magic Nodes that offer a reduction in the cooldown time for trap skills. To reach the Glyph Socket, follow the path up, right, and then up from the beginning Board Attachment Gate at the bottom. Put in Exploit and buy all the nodes with strength in the specified radius. Obtain Cunning in the area and buy three Magic Nodes that offer damage reduction for enemies affected by trap skills. Also, obtain Engineering in the area and buy three Magic Nodes that deal damage to enemies impacted by trap skill. To acquire Deadly Ambush, continue to the left.
Go to the third board, the Exploit Weakness one, by turning right and then going down to it. Buy each of the five Magic Nodes in the area. To Exploit Weakness, keep going right and then up. Unassailable can be obtained by taking the route between Exploit and Exploit Weakness. Buy each of the five Magic Nodes in the area. After that, turn right to Cold Resilience and buy two Magic Nodes that provide Maximum Life. Go right and then up to the Glyph Socket from your beginning Board Attachment Gate on the left. Purchase every Intelligence node within the radius and insert Combat. Then, purchase three Magic Nodes that provide potion healing and get some nearby dosage. Purchase three Magic Nodes that deal Vulnerable damage using artifice in the area. After purchasing the five nearby Magic Nodes, turn right and proceed to Hunter Killer.
Going right and then up to Slayer will get you to the last Cunning Stratagem board. Acquire every Magic Node in the area. The route from Slayer to Fundamentals is left, then up. Acquire every Magic Node in the area here as well. Now, ahead is the Glyph Socket proceeding left and then upward. Put in Ambush and buy all the nodes with strength in the radius. Acquire three Magic Nodes that provide armor and get some Lawless nearby. Obtain a Finisher nearby, then buy three Magic Nodes that deal Core Skill Damage. The road to Dominant from the Glyph Socket is to the right, then below. Acquire every Magic Node in the area.
The Penetrating Shot build is a fairly simple build to use, but there are some gameplay mechanics to watch out for. This is due to being focused mostly on dealing aerial damage with related abilities that can be difficult to use. To try to compensate for what has just been said, you can rely on the Trickshot Apsect which allows you to have additional arrows. Additionally, you can also make use of Concussive, Weapon Mastery, Exploit Malice, and Alchemical Advantage skills.
Since this Penetrating Shot Rogue build is already capable of taking out groups of enemies, it is recommended to use the Poison Imbuement ability to increase the damage dealt to individual enemies. In these builds, Poison Trap is not meant to deal damage but to keep it away with the use of the Enhanced Poison Trap ability. To reduce the cooldown times of these skills, you can resort to using the Exposure skill which also allows you to use Smoke Granade if you have the Aspect of Quickening Fog.
Another important thing to keep in mind in the Penetrating Shot build is having a high Lucky Hit Chance of 80% when using 3 Combo Points. To increase the Lucky Hit Chance can be increased through the use of Second Wind, Puncture, and Fundamental Puncture. In addition, the Penetrating Shot build also makes use of many status effects that allow you to inflict Vulnerable, Dazed, Slowed, Controlled Enemies and Poisoned enemies.
Be careful to gather any rare item drops that might be upgrades when farming with a Penetrating Shot Rogue build. Save advantageous Aspects from legendary things so that you can later remove them from them and imprint them on properly rolled rare items. When comparing weapons with similar item levels, swords are favored over daggers because of their higher damage per hit and implicit critical strike damage. When selecting equipment for the Penetrating Shot build, the following stats need to be given priority:
- + DPS value, Critical Strike Damage, and Vulnerable Damage
- + Basic Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction, and Armor
- + Armor, Damage Reduction, DR from Close Enemies, and DR from Distant Enemies
- + Ranks of Penetrating Shot, Attack Speed, and Critical Strike Chance
- + Armor, Damage Reduction, DR from Close Enemies, and DR from Distant Enemies
- + Energy Cost Reduction
- + Energy Cost Reduction
- + Ranks of Malice, Exploit, or Weapon Mastery Passive
- + Critical Strike Chance and Damage, and Vulnerable Damage
In order for your Penetrating Shot Rogue setup in Diablo 4 to function properly, legendary aspects must be taken into account. We've made the decision to compile a list of all the Aspects you'll need to use for your Penetrating Shot construct in order for it to function properly. The full list is provided below:
- Ranged Weapon
- Trickshot Aspect (Whenever Penetrating Shot damages an enemy, 2 additional arrows split off to either side. These side arrows deal 10–25% of Penetrating Shot’s Base damage and do not split)
- Smiting Aspect (You have 10–20% increased Critical Strike Chance against Injured enemies. While you are Healthy, you gain 20–40% increased Crowd Control Duration)
- Dual-Wielded Weapon Slot #1
- Vengeful Aspect (Making an enemy Vulnerable has up to a 40–60% chance to grant 3% increased Critical Strike Chance for 3 seconds, up to 9%)
- Dual-Wielded Weapon Slot #2, Rings, or Gloves
- Edgemaster's Aspect (Skills deal up to 10–20% increased damage based on your available Primary Resource when cast, receiving the maximum benefit while you have full Primary Resource)
- Aspect of Expectant (Attacking enemies with a Basic Skill increases the damage of your next Core Skill cast by 5–10%, up to 30%)
- Rapid Aspect (Basic Skills gain 15–30% Attack Speed)
- Accelerating Aspect (Critical Strikes with Core Skills increase your Attack Speed by 15–25% for 3 seconds)
- Helm, Chest, or Boots
- Aspect of Explosive Verve (Your Grenade Skills count as Trap Skills. Whenever you arm a Trap or drop Grenades, you gain 10–18% increased Movement speed for 3 second)
- Aspect of Quickening Fog (You automatically drop a Smoke Grenade at the end of Dash. Dash’s Cooldown is reduced by 0.25–0.35 seconds for each enemy Dazed this way, up to 0.75–1.05 seconds)
- Helm, Chest, or Pants
- Aspect of Might (Basic Skills grant 20% Damage Reduction for 2–6 seconds)
- Aspect of Disobedience (You gain 0.25–0.50% increased Armor for 4 seconds when you deal any form of damage, stacking up to 15–30%)
We will conclude this article by suggesting several gems, elixirs, and potions that go nicely with the Penetrating Shot setup. We advise you to visit the alchemist frequently to manufacture elixirs and potions that are more potent and last longer. Weak Assault or Precision elixirs are highly encouraged for you to consume, as well as any other elixirs that increase your stats and grant you additional experience points for 30 minutes. However, we strongly suggest that you rely on the gems listed below for your Rogue:
- Weapon: Royal Emerald for Critical Strike Damage to Vulnerable Enemies
- Armor: Royal Ruby for Maximum Life or Royal Topaz to prevent deaths from chain Crowd Controls
- Jewelry: Royal Skull for Armor