Skills are one of the most important things to discover and know in Diablo 4. Equipping your character with the right skills will greatly facilitate the game and will not make you fall into the trap of frustration which, very often, ends up sucking in all those who don't pay much attention to this game mechanic. As we have already explained in detail in our Diablo 4 beginner's guide, the skills are different from each other. They are divided into active, passive, basic, core, ultimate, defensive, weapon mastery, and those specific to each class. For this reason, in this article, we will not stop to discuss the general characteristics of these types of skills, but we will go into detail about Diablo 4 Barbarian skills.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Basic Skills
As suggested by the title itself, basic skills in Diablo 4 are the main ones, the first ones that any player who is starting their journey in the gloomy and desolate places of Sanctuary must learn to know. Basic skills include:
- Lunging Strike: This is a straightforward skill that allows you to strike the enemy in front of you.
- Bash: With this skill, you can hit foes in your path and stun them after a few blows.
- Frenzy: Your character strikes adversaries with fast movements. With this skill, your character's Attack Speed increases for a limited time as you continue to hit them.
- Flay: This skill, in addition to hurting an opponent in front of you, applies Bleeding to them.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Core Skills
This type of skills are more advanced than the previous ones and allow for greater flexibility in terms of gameplay in Diablo 4. They won't be available from the start like basic skills, but it won't take long before you can unlock and use them. Core skills are:
- Whirlwind: A classic move that causes your character to spin around and attack adversaries.
- Hammer of the Ancients: A powerful assault in the character's immediate vicinity.
- Pressure Point: Your Core ability has a chance to render foes Vulnerable when you use this passive talent.
- Upheaval: You strike the ground with your weapon, causing it to shatter and injure foes.
- Double Swing: This talent does damage to opponents by sweeping your weapons in opposing directions. If an enemy is caught in the center, they will absorb the combined damage of both weapons.
- Endless Fury: If you're using a Two-Handed weapon, this passive enhances the amount of Fury generated by your Basic Skill.
- Rend: A cleave attack that causes foes to bleed.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Defensive Skills
Defensive skills are very useful in times when you will be surrounded by many enemies or you will be fighting against the fearsome bosses that populate the world of Diablo 4. The Barbarian gives players the possibility to choose between a more defensive and a more offensive approach, therefore these skills are the ideal ones in case you want to choose the first approach. Defensive skills include:
- Ground Stomp: With this skill, you can hit the ground to inflict damage and stun foes.
- Imposing Presence: This skill provides you with more Maximum Life.
- Martial Vigor: This passive talent improves the amount of damage you can absorb from Elite adversaries' attacks.
- Rallying Cry: This ability boosts your movement speed and resource generation, as well as that of your group.
- Iron Skin: When you activate this skill, it produces a Barrier based on your missing Life.
- Outburst: This skill increases the character's Thorn count and grants them additional Thorns dependent on their Maximum Life.
- Tough as Nails: This is yet another passive that boosts your Thorns. It also transforms a portion of the damage dealt by your Thorns into Bleeding damage.
- Challenging Shout: You can use this skill to taunt adversaries while reducing the damage they deal to you.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Weapon Mastery Skills
This set of skills is used to master weapons, so they will prove more than useful during your adventure. Although they might seem like less important skills than the others present in Diablo 4, we assure you that this is not the case at all. Being able to master the weapons you use is a big plus and these skills are definitely a huge help to get bonuses from your weapons. The weapon mastery skills are:
- Pit Fighter: A passive skill that raises the amount of damage you do to nearby enemies while decreasing the amount of damage you suffer from distant enemies.
- Slaying Strike: This increases the damage you give to Injured foes.
- Expose Vulnerability: This passive adds the effect of making foes Vulnerable to any Core skill used after dealing damage with a Weapon Mastery skill.
- No Mercy: Having this skill equipped increases your chances of landing Critical Strikes against immobilized, stunned, or slowed adversaries.
- Rupture: This skill lets you attack foes in front of you, doing additional damage depending on their level of Bleeding.
- Harmstring: With this skill, enemies impacted by Bleeding are slowed as well.
- Cut to the Bone: Increases Bleeding damage dealt to Vulnerable targets.
- Steel Grasp: Pulls up to three foes toward you, inflicting damage when they are hit.
- Thick Skin: This passive skill provides Fortify based on your Base Life for each direct hit.
- Counteroffensive: With this passive, your damage increases in proportion to your Fortification level.
- Defensive Stance: When Fortified, this skill enhances your Damage Reduction.
- Death Blow: This talent allows you to try to execute an enemy while delivering a lot of damage to them. If they die as a result of this assault, the Cooldown is reset.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Brawling Skills
These types of skills are specific to the Barbarian class, which means that they are not present in other classes as well. These are skills that reflect the strengths of this class: the strength and damage inflicted on opponents. Brawling skills include:
- Kick: You kick adversaries, inflicting damage and knocking them back. These opponents are also stunned.
- War Cry: This skill is another yell talent that boosts the amount of damage you and your group deal.
- Booming Voice: This passive makes your Shout skills last longer.
- Raid Leader: Increases the healing effect of your shouts dependent on your Maximum Life.
- Guttural Yell: This passive makes your Shout skills deal less damage to foes.
- Charge: When you use this talent, you run ahead, becoming unstoppable, hitting and knocking foes back.
- Leap: Your character does a short leap, damaging foes nearby and knocking them back.
- Aggressive Resistance: Increases your Damage Reduction while Berserking.
- Prolific Fury: While Berserking, this passive talent boosts your fury generation.
- Battle Fervor: This passive skill allows you to lengthen the duration of your Berserk condition if you damage at least one adversary with a Brawling skill.
- Swiftness: Speeds up your movement.
- Quick Impulses: Shortens the amount of time you are affected by Control Impairing talents.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Key Passive Skills
Key passive skills in Diablo 4 are a type of skill that all those who decide to tackle the game with the Barbarian class must consider equipping. These are very useful skills in combat and beyond that will simplify the various activities, missions, and battles that you will have to face during the game. Key passive skills are:
- Unconstrained: This passive increases the maximum duration and damage of the Berserk state.
- Walking Arsenal: Your damage increases when you use a Two-Handed Bludgeoning, Two-Handed Slashing, or Dual Wielded weapon. The buff is stronger if you have all three.
- Unbridled Rage: This skill increases the damage of your Core skills but at a far higher cost in Fury.
- Gushing Wounds: When you inflict Bleeding on an adversary, you have the option of increasing the amount of Bleed. Furthermore, overpowering a bleeding enemy causes an explosion.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Ultimate Skills
These skills are the most advanced and most powerful you can equip in Diablo 4. Obviously, they will not be available as soon as the game starts, but you will have to progress to unlock the previous skills up to the ultimate skills. Equipping even one of these skills will save your life on more than one occasion and it is therefore good to keep in mind what each of them represents in such a mood as to equip the ones that best suit your way of playing. Ultimate skills include:
- Call of the Ancients: Using this skill brings three spirits to fight alongside you for a short period of time.
- Duelist: If you use One-Handed Weapons, it boosts your Attack Speed.
- Iron Maelstrom: You launch a three-step attack, each having unique damage and impact on foes.
- Tempered Fury: Your Maximum Fury gets a boost.
- Furious Impulse: When you switch weapons, you get Fury points.
- Invigorating Fury: If you have this passive unlocked, you will be healed based on your Maximum Life after spending a set amount of Fury.
- Wrath of the Berserker: Using this talent causes you to enter the Berserk state when you do greater damage and become unstoppable.
- Heavy Handed: When utilizing Two-Handed weapons, this passive boosts your Critical Strike Damage.
- Wallop: If an adversary is Stunned or Vulnerable, hitting them with a Bludgeoning weapon causes extra damage.
- Brute Force: When utilizing a Two-Handed weapon, your overpower damage increases.
- Concussion: When you get a Lucky Hit, your Bludgeoning weapons skills can stun foes.