Are you wondering Cs2 how to play workshop maps with friend? Let’s learn more about the steps you need to take.
The most recent CS2 update fixed some bugs about the game we all love and made it even more appealing to play. With that said, it also added one major change – the Workshop. Following the changes, players can now use the Counter-Strike 2 workshop and come up with new maps and ideas. Needless to say, this has had a big impact on players because they have the opportunity to play with their friends. Although using the CS2 workshop maps is straightforward, it seems like there is some confusion, which is why this guide is about to reveal more information about the entire process.
CS2 How To Play Workshop Maps with Friends
When it comes to using the CS2 workshop maps, the process can be a bit different, depending on whether you have a sever. People who do not have a server but want to use the CS2 workshop maps with friends can do the following:
- Go to the Stam Workshop and choose the maps you want to play.
- Use the + button to subscribe for the given map.
- Open Counter-Strike 2 and go to “Play”, followed by “Workshop Maps”.
- Choose which map you want to play, select “Go”
By completing the last step, you will be able to play alone. However, if you want to know
Cs2 how to play workshop maps with friends, you need to complete a few additional steps because your friends will only be able to connect using a LAN network. Sadly, this will require third-party software and the following steps:
- Get things like Hamachi or Radmin
- You and your friends need to have the app and install it
- Once ready, they need to join your network, which is possible by connecting to an IP.
- Copy that IP, open CS2, open the console, and type “connect” followed by the IP address. Doing this will allow you to use the CS2 workshop maps with friends.
Playing CS2 Workshop Maps when you have a Dedicated Server?
After taking a look at the Cs2 how to play workshop maps with friends steps for people who do not have a server, the next thing on the list is to cover the process for those with a server. Generally speaking, there are two types of things you can do – choose a single map or create a collection.
If you decide to use the first option and choose a CS2 workshop maps with friends, the process is simple. All you need to do is go to the workshop and find the specific ID of the given map. Once that happens, you need to go to your server, open the console, and type the following command:
- host_workshop_map (Add ID HERE)
Unfortunately, using the CS2 workshop maps with friends when you want to use multiple maps is a little bit more complicated. This will require you to create a collection, which is basically several workshop items. Moreover, you will have to change some of the startup commands on the server.
- To begin, go HERE and select “Create Collection”.
- Add the maps you want to that specific collection and copy the ID from the URL.
Once ready, the next step of the process is to modify your server startup settings. To do this, you will need to get your Steam API key and use the following command:
- +host_workshop_collection (ID HERE) -authkey (ADD API KEY HERE)
After you are done, you will need to restart the server, and all of the maps you have chosen from the collection should be there. In other words, choose the CS2 workshop maps you like the most, and you can start playing.