Have you ever been stuck on loading screen in Apex Legends infinitely? Here's how to get through that to get the game up and running.
With a new support legend, Respawn has released a ton of new content for its Battle royale shooter. But what's truly frustrating is to not to be able to play the game and being stuck on the loading screen indefinitely. This article shows you to how to fix Apex Legends infinite loading screen error on PC
- 1 How to Fix Apex Legends Stuck on Loading Screen Issue
- 1.1 Restart the game
- 1.2 Ensure you have the latest update installed
- 1.3 Run Apex Legends as Administrator
- 1.4 Validate OR Repair your game files.
- 1.5 Disconnect from the internet while stuck on the loading screen
- 1.6 Flush your DNS Cache
- 1.7 Reinstall the game
How to Fix Apex Legends Stuck on Loading Screen Issue
Restart the game
Usually, a quick fix to get rid of the infinite loading screen is to simply restart the game on your PC.
Close the application entirely and start it again and turn off all processes related to it.
Start Apex Legends again.
Ensure you have the latest update installed
More often than not, many players face the infinite loading issue just because they don't have their game updated to the latest patch. In many cases, the game automatically updates itself, and the same updates must be downloaded before the game can be played. But in some cases the automatic updates get turned off.
However, once you're sure that you have the latest version of the game installed, start the application.
Run Apex Legends as Administrator
- Right-click on the Apex Legends icon on your desktop.
- Choose Properties
- Head to the Compatibility tab from the popup window.
- Check the option located at the bottom of the window that reads “Run this program as administrator.”
- Click on Apply and hit OK.
Validate OR Repair your game files.
- Launch Steam
- Right-click on Apex Legends and click on “Properties.”
- Click on Local Files
- Choose “Verify” to allow Steam to verify and replace the corrupted game files with new ones
- Open Origin
- Click on My Game Library
- Right-click on Apex Legends
- Click on Repair Game, and it shall start the proceedings.
Disconnect from the internet while stuck on the loading screen
- Disconnect your internet connection once you get the infinite loading screen error. Turning off your wifi or plugging out your ethernet cable should do the trick.
- Wait for a few minutes, and if this works, you should already be loaded onto the main lobby. You'll receive an error saying that you aren't connected to the internet.
- Turn your wifi back on/plug your ethernet cable back in. Restoring your internet connection should now help you queue up for a match.
Flush your DNS Cache
Deleting your DNS cache might help you get rid of Apex Legends atuck on loading screen error, and finally help you queue up in match for good. This method will remove all the information stored in the DNS cache, and force your PC to locate new DNS information. Here’s how to reset your DNS cache.
- Press Windows + R to force Windows to tun command dialog
- Input cmd
- Hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter – this will open Command Prompt and run it as administrator.
- In the command console, you need to type the following commands one by one. Don’t forget to hit Enter after typing each command.
- ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset
After this, you need to restart your PC and open Apex Legends to check if you can get past the loading screen now.
Reinstall the game
If everything else fails, reinstalling the game on your PC is your last resort.
How to reinstall Apex Legends on Steam
• Head to your game library on Steam.
• Right-click on Apex Legends and hover to the Manage tab.
• Select the Uninstall button.
• Click on Play to successfully reinstall Apex Legends
For more Apex Legends news, follow us here on ESTNN.