The trailer for Season 2 of Apex Legends leaked online, and we’ve got everything you need to know.
The trailer for Season 02 of Apex Legends has leaked! Whether or not the leak was intentional we’ll never know (since another new character that’s been teased, Crypto, is a hacker), but regardless, Apex fans have been flocking to wherever it’s available.
Here’s what we’ve learned from the leaked trailer:
- We’ve now seen Wattson’s legend abilities. Her electric fences apparently stun enemies who go through them, and her ultimate isn’t a dome so much as a Call of Duty-style trophy system that intercepts incoming projectiles.
- Some buildings on the map look like they’ve been destroyed, either by an EMP or by the wildlife that’s encroached as a result of the Repulsor tower being taken down by said EMP. At the same time, it looks like there are brand new buildings in the Canyon.
- The native wildlife of King’s Canyon is making a comeback. First hinted at by the dragon-like “flyers” that we’ve seen in the game on occasion, it looks like we’ll not only have bigger, meaner flyers to deal with. The Leviathans are finally showing up as well, if that cocky Mirage that got stomped by one is any indication.
- In addition to the weapon tweaks and additions previously revealed, there will be of course new weapon and character cosmetics, most likely available via the new Battle Pass coming with Season 02. There will also be a new type of cosmetic, “Skydive Emotes,” which look like various stunts and tricks your character can perform while dropping.
- And perhaps most important of all for the hardcore competitive Apex Legends enthusiasts – a Ranked mode is coming! Ranks go all the way from Bronze to Apex Predator.
King’s Canyon Will Never Be the Same
Season 02 looks action-packed, and we bet the players can’t wait to get their hands on the update. Many players have left Apex Legends since the hype for Season 01 died down, but Season 02 looks to be bringing them right back in with plenty of new stuff. Prepare for certain death when the update drops on July 2.