Here is a complete guide on the Zap Gun in Lethal Company, a type of equipment or weapon item that can be purchased from the Store in the Terminal
Lethal Company is a very popular co-op survival indie horror game that was published on 24 October 2023 by the developer, Zekeerss which is currently in early access. The game is set in a retrofuturistic and post-apocalyptic dystopian world. An anonymous corporate organization hires the players named the “Company” to explore abandoned and industrialized moons to collect scraps for sale. During these exploration adventures on the abandoned moons, players’ sole objective is to collect as many scrap items as possible to fulfill the profit quota while facing many lethal creatures.
To help with these moon exploration adventures, players can access many specialized items for health, defense and scrap collection available in the Store through the Terminal on the ship. One such item that players can purchase from the Store is the Zap Gun, one of the only weapons in the game. However, what exactly is its purpose and how do you use it properly? Hence, here is a complete guide on the Zap Gun in Lethal Company.
Zap Gun in Lethal Company
The Zap Gun is a type of weapon item that can be bought from the Store. It is one of the only weapon items that can be purchased in the game. When paired with a teammate carrying a shovel, it is a deadly combo that can kill nearly all killable monsters in the game. It is quite heavy coming in at 11 lb or pounds in the game, but it is very worth it carrying one around with you. It is highly advisable to take one of these into the Tier 2 or Intermediate and Tier 3 or Hard moons in the game.
However, it is not necessary to bring it into the Tier 1 or Easy moons in the game because the monsters in these moons are easy to avoid. Keep in mind that the gun is an item that needs to be charged at the Charging Station on the Ship. This means it has a limited battery life that is depleted depending on how much you are using it. Using the stun gun definitely has a learning curve to it but once you get a hang of it, it can help you to escape many deadly monsters like the Bracken and even the Jester.
How to get the Zap Gun in Lethal Company
As mentioned, the stun gun is a weapon type of item that can be bought from the Store through the Terminal in the players' Ship. It costs a whopping 400 Credits and can be bought by any player in a team of employees. Now, without further delay, here is how you can get the Zap Gun through the Store in the Terminal in Lethal Company:
- Step 1: First, you will have to go to the Terminal on your ship and access it by pressing “E” on your keyboard.
- Step 2: Once you are in the Terminal, you need to click on the console area and type in “Help” and hit “Enter” on your keyboard. This will take you to the main screen of the Terminal.
- Step 3: Once you get to the main screen on the Terminal, you will see that the second option shown is the store. Type in “Store” and hit “Enter” on your keyboard, which will take you to the Store’s main screen.
- Step 4: On the Store’s main screen you will see a list of all the items that the Company provides consisting of equipment and ship upgrades, which includes the gun. To buy the item, all you need to do is type in “Zap Gun” or just “zap” on the console and hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Step 5: After you hit “Enter”, you will be taken to another screen that will ask you to confirm your purchase. To do that, type in “Confirm” or just “con” and hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
By following these 5 easy steps, you can buy the gun quite easily. After you’re done confirming your purchase, you have to wait for your stun gun to arrive by a transport rocket to the moon you’re on. Once the rocket arrives, you will have to go quickly before the ice cream truck theme song ends and interact with one of the 4 vents on it to get your items. Make sure to finish getting your items before the song ends or else the rocket will leave regardless of whether you took your item or not. The game won’t even refund you for it, so good luck!
How to use the Zap Gun properly in Lethal Company
Using the Zap Gun does have a learning curve to it, but if you know the basics it is quite easy to use it. Hence, here are the steps you need to follow to use the gun in Lethal Company:
- Step 1: As soon as you see a monster like the Thumper coming towards you, alert your teammate(s) and ask them to get ready with their shovel(s).
- Step 2: Step close enough to the monster and charge up your stun gun with your Left Mouse Button, which will take about 1 or 2 seconds, aiming it directly at the monster.
- Step 3: As soon as the yellow ray or beam of light zaps the monster, ask your teammate(s) to start beating the monster up.
- Step 4: While they beat the monster, maintain the stun duration by pulling the beam of light in the opposite direction of where it is pulling to center the ray and keep the stun going longer.
- Step 5: After some time, the gun will sever the beam itself when there is no charge left and stop zapping the monster or you can sever the tie to the monster by letting go of the stun gun.
Tada! Using the Zap Gun truly is a lot easier than people make it seem, huh? With these 5 easy steps, you can easily zap and trap monsters in their place for your convenience.
Needless to say, it is absolutely necessary that you buy the Zap Gun from the store through the Terminal. It is one of the most if not the most valuable items in the game that aids a player’s chances of survival and makes it so much easier. It is highly advisable to buy at least one of them during a scrap run because it is a necessity for combatting monsters. Not only will it help you to stun a monster and freeze its actions for a limited period of time, but it will also help you escape and kill deadly monsters that otherwise give the players a tough time.
Hence, read up on all the information given above about the Zap Gun and save up to buy it as soon as possible. Make sure to check out our tier list for all the items in Lethal Company to learn more about all the other items in the game and stay tuned for more such guide content in the future.