Riot have added Multi-factor authentication to their titles. Here's how to enable 2FA in Valorant.
Riot Games has finally announced that players can now activate 2 Factor Authentication for their Riot Accounts. This long-awaited feature is finally available. Keep in mind, once you enable 2FA on your Riot Account you'll need to fill in a one-time code/OTP to login into Valorant or any other Riot game.
Unlike the usual 2FA, which is required once to login from an unknown device, Riot's Multi-factor authentication system is activated every time someone tries to login into the game. Enabling 2FA is a simple and useful way to secure your account if you've bought any skins or paid for any in-game items. It provides players with an extra layer of security.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is live! Learn how to add an extra layer of protection to your Riot account: https://t.co/5WHGRmF0w2
— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) January 20, 2022
How to enable 2FA for Valorant
Here are all the steps that you need to follow in order to enable the 2FA for Valorant:
- Go to the Riot Games account management page, here.
- Sign in with your Riot Account.
- Then click on the Two-Factor Authentication Tab.
- Click the Enable button; an email will then be sent to your registered Email ID.
- Open the email sent from Riot Games and click on the ‘Enable Two-Factor Authentication' button on the email.
Follow the above steps and your Riot Games account will be secure. As an additional note, Two-Factor Authentication won't be available for players logging in through Garena and other 3rd party portals.