Sweden-based tournament organizer DreamHack is wrapping up the year by celebrating its 25th anniversary and looking ahead to 2020 – announcing its full line-up of events for 2020.
The Swedish production company which specializes in esports tournaments and gaming festivals celebrated its 25th anniversary by revealing the 11 stops, spread over three continents that will make up the 2020 schedule.
Most notably, DreamHack Leipzig, Germany in January will play host to a CS:GO major, while DreamHack heads back to India for the third consecutive year. Leipzig will also host the Dota 2 DreamLeague Season 13: The Leipzig Major and will be the second Dota 2 major of the year. DreamHack Anaheim will be the first DreamHack event in the city and will include a $250K Fortnite event.
DreamHack will also return to a number of staple locations including DreamHack Summer & Winter in the companies home country of Sweden.
The DreamHack 2020 Schedule is as follows:
- Jan 24-26 DreamHack Leipzig, Germany
- Feb 21-23 DreamHack Anaheim, California, USA
- May 22-24 DreamHack Dallas, Texas, USA
- June 12-14 DreamHack Summer, Jönköping, Sweden
- July 3-5 DreamHack Valencia, Spain
- Sept 11-13 DreamHack Montreal, Canada
- Oct 16-18 DreamHack Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Oct 30-Nov. 1 DreamHack Hyderabad, India
- Nov 13-15 Dreamhack Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Nov 27-29 DreamHack Winter, Jönköping, Sweden
- Dec 11-13 DreamHack Sevilla, Spain
DreamHack also announced that the 2020 DreamHack Summer will be its longest ever, with 90 hours of LAN.
They also extended their partnership with venue Elmia to keep the Summer and Winter events in Jönköping, Sweden through 2022. The venue, which is owned by the Municipality of Jönköping, played host to the first-ever DreamHack festival in 2002.