The Dota 2 update The Dragon’s Gift includes a lot of important details that we want I wish to cover in this article. Let’s dive in.
The Dragom’s Gift Update arrived in Dota 2 on February 9, and it includes intriguing information about the game’s future. What I found interesting is that Valve admitted they are working on a new update that will be called “Crownfall”. However, it seems like we’ll have to wait for some time for the new update to arrive, which is why the Dota 2 team is giving us this smaller update.
Dragon’s Gift & Dragon’s Hoard
To celebrate the Lunar New Year and the Year of the Dragon, Valve decided to reward us with a Dragon’s Gift. This item is available until March 7 and comes in the form of a treasure. What I found interesting about this Dota 2 update is that you can only give the chest to other players, but you can’t open it yourself.
The good news is that we do not need to wait for someone to gift us a treasure so we can open it. Valve also gave us access to a traditional Dragon’s Hoard treasure that we can open and use ourselves. Should you decide to use this Dota 2 chest, you will see that each one will contain 17 new Lunar New Year sets. Furthermore, this set will give you access to get a Dragon’s Gift and an “unusual effect”.
I know that a lot of you will be interested in this Dota 2 update and the Dragon’s Hoard in particular, so allow me to show you more about it.
The different Dragon’s Hoard sets
I have to say that this Dota 2 update surprised me because the sets available from the Dragon’s Hoard look awesome. There are several “regular” options to choose from, as well as 4 sets that are very rare. Here is a list of every alternative:
- Templar Assassin – Whisper at the Temple Gates
- Jakiro – Herald of the Frost and Flame
- Mars – Vile Behemoth
- Morphling – Reflection of the Surgning Stream
- Centaur Warrunner – Rout of the Emerald Marauder
- Invoker – Master of the Mystic Phoenix
- Medusa – Havoc of the Hydra’s Scorn
- Monkey King – Victorious Fighting Scoundrel
- Phoenix – Attunements of the Ornate
- Ogre Magi – Oni Magi
- Puck – Vanishing Pearl
- Brewmaster – Fortified Brew
- Marci – Bloomjewel Brawler
- Phantom Assassin – Song of the Shadow Dragon
- Crystal Maiden – Spirit of the Frozen Flow
- Abaddon – Dreadmist Dragoon
- Primal Beast – Temple Guardian
The last 3 sets are rare, but the ultra-rare item you can get from the Dragon’s Hoard set is an item for the Ancient itself. It’s called Ancient Dragon King, and I personally think it looks great. None of the Dota 2 updates allowed us to have cosmetic items for this thing so far.
What’s also impressive about the item is that it has its unique Radiant and Dire styles. Another intriguing fact is that you will be able to see this item when someone on your team has it.
New Cheating Detection Code
Something you should know about the Dota 2 update is that there is a new cheating detection code. In fact, Valve has said that the company added this change a couple of weeks ago, but it wanted to test it and see how it works. What this means is that we should have fewer cheaters than before.
General Changes and Fixes
Alongside everything I mentioned so far about the Dota 2 The Dragon’s Gift update, there are also a lot of general fixes. Here are some of them:
- An issue where in-game guides weren’t loading is now fixed.
- Roshan can no longer go walkabout after Night Stalker casting Ascension
- Outposts that have already been captured can’t be channeled anymore
- Legion Commander’s Aghanim Shard will no longer give bonus armor for the duration of Overwhelming Odds
- Primal Beast’s Uproar will no longer cause a server crash
- Muerta’s Gunslinger is no longer purgeable
Changes to Ability Draft
Alongside the new fixes mentioned earlier, the Dota 2 update also includes several big changes to the Ability Draft. Some of them include:
- Some of the abilities that weren’t available in Ability Draft via Scepter and Shard are now in the game. This includes options like Stampede’s Work Horse, Fireblast’s Unrefined Fireblast, and more.
- Spirit Bear now has abilities.
There are many other changes, but I don’t think it is worth including everything here. I am very interested in seeing what Valve has in store for us when the new big update becomes available. Until then, make sure you follow us for more information.