Let’s take a look at how you can play one of the most popular carries in Dota 2 as a devastating support with our Sven Support Guide
Since the old days of Dota and Dota 2, Sven had always stood firm in the safe lane carry role. Regardless, in the everchanging mechanics of Dota 2, nothing is ever truly set in stone, as demonstrated by many pro-players who devastate enemies with a never-before-seen playstyle. This guide will be going into details on how you can play Sven in the role of a support too.
Sven Support Guide
Ever since armor reduction gained popularity, players have been experimenting with the idea of Sven being a support. His spell Warcry gives a huge amount of bonus armor to allies, rendering physical damage useless against them. This has many players wondering about his potential as a support. This guide will teach you how to play Sven as support and dominate your games!
Skill Build And Talent Tree
- Take Storm Hammer at level 1 to secure range creep kills
- Max out Storm Hammer and Warcry, do not skill Greater Cleave or God’s Strength
- If you are at risk of getting kicked out of lane, focus on securing vision for your carry, and stack camps if your team has a Hero to take them
Sven’s talent tree selection is very important, his level 20 talent which grants +10 Warcry armor is absolutely insane if the enemy deals high physical damage. You should take all of his talents (except level 15) as soon as they are available.
- Level 10: +3s Warcry Duration
- Level 15: -15s God’s Strength Cooldown (can skip and take stats)
- Level 20: +10 Warcry Armor
- Level 25: +1s Storm Hammer Stun Duration
Itemization And Power Spikes
Here are the items to buy on carry Crystal Maiden.
- Starting Items: Blood Grenade (x2), Magic Stick, Healing Salve, Tango (2 sets), Enchanted Mango (x2)
- Early Game Items: Magic Wand, Tranquil Boots, Infused Raindrops, Soul Ring, Medallion of Courage
- Mid Game Items: Drums of Endurance, Vladimir’s Offering, Force Staff, Glimmer Cape, Solar Crest
- Late Game Items (Situational): Blink Dagger, Boots of Bearing, Wraith Pact, Heaven’s Halberd,
First of all, it is very important to know when to pick Sven as support. He can Destroy team compositions that rely on killing Heroes off with physical damage or armor reduction. Warcry gives an insane +15 armors to all allies (+25 with talent), which is the main strength of Sven as a support.
Sven is very strong in the lane. Try to body for your carry, use your Storm Hammer and Warcry to trade hits from time to time and soak resources from your enemies.
After the laning stage, you can move around the map and help your team with ganks and securing vision in crucial areas. With the help of Warcry, you are very tanky and mobile. Use this to your full advantage and be a nuisance for the opponents.
Put high emphasis on showing up to every engagement, your kit offers a lot for your team. Remember to use Warcry and give the buff to your allies during teamfights. Sven can initiate easily for his team with Storm Hammer. He is quite tanky, so he can also soak damage and spells.
Stay Tuned For More Uncommon Builds
Give this support Sven build a shot and take the enemy team by surprise. With that being said, stay tuned for more as we will post soon!