This Dota 2 Spirit Breaker Guide will walk you through everything you need to know about the hero.
Spirit Breaker is a unique Dota 2 hero that’s known for his high mobility and solid damage output. Even though some people use him as a core, this Dota 2 Spirit Breaker guide will show you that he’s mainly a roamer. Spirit Breaker is not that complex to master, but the hero has some specifics, which is why we’ll learn more about him.
Spirit Breaker is a melee Strength hero that stars with 4.8 armor and 295 movement speed. The hero has 28 starting STR, 17 AGI and 14 INT and has a turn rate of 0.6s. These stats allow him to be much more aggressive than other position 4 supports in Dota 2.
One of the main things we must look at in this Spirit Breaker Dota 2 guide is the hero’s abilities. They go as follows:
- Charge of Darkness – This ability allows the hero to target a given enemy unit and charge it. While doing it, he will get up to 400 movement speed and stun the target for 2.1s.
- Bulldzone – Spirit Braker gains 70% status resistance and 25% movement speed for 8s.
- Greater Bash – This passive ability gives the hero a 17% to bash the target for up to 1.5 and deal an additional 35% of movement speed as damage. The ability also adds a 0.5s knockback.
- Nether Strike – Spirit Breaker’s ultimate allows him to target an enemy unit and deal 300 damage, as well as knocking him back for double the normal distance.
Depending on the Dota 2 Spirit Breaker items you go for, an Aghanim’s Scepter will allow the hero’s Charge of Darkness to have less cooldown and target spell-immune heroes. An Aghanim’s Shard will give him a new ability called Planar Pocket, which gives him bonus magic resistance and the ability to redirect a spell from an enemy hero toward him.
Aside from talking about the Dota 2 Spirit Breaker position and abilities, we also need to address the talents.
- Level 10 – +4 Armor or +500 Night Vision
- Level 15 – +40 Damage or -4s Bulldoze Cooldown
- Level 20 – +175 Charge of Darkness Bonus Speed or +17% Greater Bash Damage
- Level 25 – Bulldoze 50 All Damage Barrier or +20% Greater Bash Chance
Dota 2 Spirit Breaker Guide – Tips
Regardless of the Dota 2 Spirit Breaker build you go for, there are a couple of general rules you must follow while playing with this hero. The most important one is that you need to be aggressive to make the most of him. SB is not an ordinary support because he relies on his early-game tankiness and damage to pressure enemies. Therefore, you need to make a difference early on to have a better time during the game's later stages.
One of the problems when playing Barathrum Dota 2 is that you can often become too aggressive and start overextending. Doing this is not a good idea because you will die more often and won’t be able to pressure the lanes.
Speaking of pressuring, Spirit Breaker should always keep an eye on the minimap and take advantage of any low-HP heroes. Furthermore, the best SB players in the world often place offensive wards that allow them to charge enemies when they’re falling back.
Regardless of the Dota 2 Spirit Breaker set you have, your starting items should contain a lot of regen and some stats. Alternatively, some people even purchase things like Boots of Speed to be more aggressive.
The early Game items usually consist of a Magic Wand, Boosts, and Urn of Shadows./ T he latter is really strong on Spirit Breaker because he can get a lot of charges when he takes part in fights.
The mid game items we will suggest in this Dota 2 Spirit Breaker Guide depend on the hero’s position. Supports usually try to get things like a Blademaill, Drum of Endurance, Lotus Orb, and so on. However, SB players who can fill in one of the core roles can get things like Shadow Blade, Mask of Madness, Black KingBar, and more.
The situation with the late game items also depends on the hero’s position. A Dota 2 Spirit Breaker Support will focus on survivability because he needs to be able to go in and start the team fights. However, the core SB will get different things, such as Assault Cuirass, Silver Edge, Mjollnir, Armlet, and more.
Dota 2 Spirit Breaker Guide – Counters
When it comes down to the Dota 2 Spirit Breaker counter, it’s safe to say that this is among the best heroes in the game. There are not that many names that can make SB’s life hard, and the fact he’s usually a support means that not that many people will try to counter him. However, there are a couple of names that deserve more attention.
- Disruptor – Glimpse is one of the worst abilities in the game against Spirit Breaker. Static Storm can also be pretty bad because the hero can’t use his abilities.
- Omniknight – One of the best Dota 2 Spirit Breaker combo you can get is the one that focuses on the early game. Sadly, if there is an Omniknight on the enemy’s team, Spirit Breaker won’t be effective at all because the hero has heal, Degen Aura, and Heavenly Grace.
- Ember Spirit – Despite being fragile, Ember Spirit’s Chains can stop Charge of Darkness. Furthermore, the hero can dodge this ability with his Slight of Fist and escape from danger using his ultimate.
- Invoker – If you look at the Dota 2 Spirit Breaker Reddit threats, you can see that Invoker is one of the worst heroes to play against. He has tons of abilities that can stop SB’s Charge, and he also deals a lot of damage.
Generally speaking, every hero with a lot of mobility and/or who can cancel Spirit Breaker’s charge can be considered difficult to play.
As you’ve seen in this Spirit Breaker Dota 2 guide, the hero can be a good option in many situations. His abilities make him one of the most aggressive supports, and he can easily win most early game encounters. Regardless if you get the Dota 2 Spirit Breaker shard or choose a different item build, you can do a lot of damage.