This is the Dota 2 Skywrath Mage guide you will need if you want to start playing with this hero.
There are a couple Dota 2 heroes that are as annoying as Skywrath Mage, but they usually do not close. In this Skywrath Dota 2 guide, we will take a look at the support/midder’s role in the game, a few tips about him, as well as several other things that make him special.
Skywrath Mage is a ranged Intelligence hero that is notorious for his magical damage output. This hero starts the game with 0.2 armor, 39-49 damage, and 325 movement speed. Although his stats aren’t that impressive, the movement speed is pretty good, allowing him to gank and escape when needed.
Every Dota 2 Skywrath Mage build allows the hero to do a lot of damage, you have to know which abilities to focus on.
- Arcane Bolt – This slow-moving bolt of arcane magic deals 135 base damage and 1.5x int multiplier. Furthermore, it provides a 50% spell lifesteal on the subsequent abilities used on the given target.
- Concussive Shot – This ability deals 300 damage and slows down the target by 40% for 4s. The damage and slow are AoE.
- Ancient Seal – This ability increases the magical damage a given tager will take by 35% for 6s, and it silences it.
- Mystic Flare – The ultimate deals 1600 damage for 2s in a 170 radius.
If you decide to get one of the Skywrath Mage Dota 2 items, Aghanim’s Shard, the item will give the hero 2 bonus int and 0.5 armor for 35s on each ability he uses. As for those who get an Aghanim’s Scepter, their abilities will hit 2 additional targets randomly, prioritizing heroes.
The talents for a Skywrath Mage Dota 2 support you should go for are different than those for a mid-laner, so let’s go through each one.
- Level 10 – +8 Intelligence or +200 Health
- Level 15 – +25% Arcane Bolst Spell Lifestealer or -7s Ancient Seal Cooldown
- Level 20 – +10% Ancient Seal Increased Magic Damage or Global Concussive Shot
- Level 25 – +400 Mystic Flare Damage or Arcane Bolt Pierces Spell Immunity.
Dota 2 Skywrath Mage Guide – Tips
While waiting for the Dota 2 Skywrath Mage Arcana, people should know a thing or two about this hero. As mentioned, Skywrath Mage is one of the most annoying things you can face in the game because he is incredibly strong early on. His ability to spam his spells makes him incredibly effective against squishy laners, no matter if he’s a support or not.
Skywrath Mage has to focus on making a difference in the early and mid-game because this is where he shines. To do that, players try to play as aggressively as possible and even gank the lanes. Usually, Skywrath should be paired with other heroes that allow him to do more damage or other spell casters, such as Zeus and Tinker.
One of the things to remember after reading this Dota 2 Skywrath Mage guide is that the hero can easily stomp squishy lakers, especially if he’s mid. He can destroy any of the popular mid heroes just by spamming his Q. However, the lack of armor makes him very vulnerable, so players must be careful.
Another important thing to remember when playing with the hero is how you’re using your silence. This incredibly powerful ability can make a difference by landing a kill or forcing a target to use Black King Bar.
Skywrath Mage Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
Using the proper Dota 2 Skywrath Mage set can make the hero even more attractive to play. However, aside from the pros, there are also a few cons, so here’s what players need to know before they start playing.
- Extremely high spell damage output
- He can silence targets
- Very good early on
- One of the best heroes to bully an enemy away from the lane
- Very squishy
- He is not that effective during the late game
Dota 2 Skywrath mage guide – Items
Before you start worrying about the Skywrath Mage Dota 2 counter, you need to know which items to go for. So, here’s what to focus on.
Regardless of the lane and his position. Skywrrath Mage needs some stats and a lot of mana regen. Of course, the hero should get some HP regen.
When talking about a given Skywrath Mage Dota 2 build, if the hero’s a core, his early-game items should consist of at least 2 Null Talisman, Magic Wand, and Boots of Speed. However, support heroes usually only have boosts.
If you decide to use the Skywrath Mage Dota 2 item build that is for a core role, you need to have Eul’s, Kaya, Aether Lens, Witch Blade, Rod of Atos, and more. Support heroes usually have Arcane boots and a Glimmer Cape.
Skywrath’s late-game items can consist of Scythe of Vyse, Bloodstone, Shiva’s Guard, Ethereal Blade, Black King Bar, Aghanim’s Scepter, and more. Of course, the hero in the support usually has a Eul’s and an Aghs at most.
Dota 2 Skywrath Mage guide – Counters
Despite being highly efficient against a lot of heroes, Skywrath Mage also has several big counters.
- Anti-Mage – No surprise here, this is the best hero against Skywrath Mage. He can easily kill him and has the ability to do tons of damage.
- Huskar – Really difficult to play against because of his magic resistance. Of course, Huskar can also kill Skywrath in a matter of seconds.
- Nyx Assassin – Nyx’s Mana Burn is devastating against Skywrath Mage.
- Pugna – Pugna can deal a lot of damage, and the hero’s Nether Ward means that Skywrath can literally kill himself if he uses his abilities.
Skwywrath Mage is definitely a fun hero to play when you just want to burst people and spam abilities. He’s definitely not an option for every game because of his specific playstyle. However, when picked right, the hero can make a huge difference