This Morphling Dota 2 guide is about to show you the reasons why this is a late-game monster.
There are a couple of ultra-late carries in Dota 2 that are strong than the rest, and one of them is Morphling. Albeit hard to master, this is a hero that can make a difference, especially in some games. He is incredibly strong and offers a lot of mobility, and this Morphling Dota 2 guide will help you see why he is so special.
Morphling is a ranged AGI hero who has pretty bad start stats at 2.0 armor, 285 MS, and 33-42 damage. However, he gains a lot of stats, so he makes up for it later on. As mentioned, Morphling is usually the team’s carry, but there are also instances where he can be a mid-laner. Some people also used him as support, but he is just not that strong. With that said, let’s learn more about him.
There is only one popular Morphling Dota 2 build that people go for, but before choosing it, you need to check the abilities.
- Waveform – When used, Morphling will surge forward and do up to 300 damage to all units in his path. The hero will be invulnerable during that time.
- Adaptive Strike – This ability has two variations. The one for the agility equals 85 base damage +2.5 Morph’s AGI multiplier and grants 9 bonus agi. The strength option stuns for up to 2.4s, and it knocks back the unit for up to 500 range. Moreover, it gives bonus strength.
- Attribute Shift – This ability can shift Morphling’s strength into agility ot vise-versa. The ability costs mana, and it has a specific shift rate of 20 per second.
- Morph – When used, Morphling can change his form to match the enemy. During that time, Morph can use the target’s basic abilities.
If you get a Morphling Dota 2 Shard, your AGI Adaptive Strike will grant you more bonus agility. The Aghanim’s Scepter allows Morphing to create a strong illusion of the target hero that can cast all abilities and deals 100% of the target's damage while taking 300% damage. If the illusion is alive when Morph uses the ability, he can teleport to the illusion and destroy it before turning into an enemy.
In terms of talents, your preferred Dota 2 Morphling build will allow you to choose from the following;
- Level 10 – Waveform gives +250 range, or the hero gets a 15% Magic Resistance
- Level 15 – Morph gains +15 AGI, or Morph will last for 16s longer
- Level 20 – Adaptive Strike stuns for 0.8s longer, or Waveform also attacks its targets
- Level 25 – Morph gains 35 STR, or Waveform has 40% less cooldown
Dota 2 Morphling Guide – Tips
Before thinking about the potential Morphling Dota 2 combos you can pick from, you should learn a thing or two about the hero. As mentioned, he is almost always the team’s carry or midder, so he needs to farm a lot. Luckily, farming is fast and easy because he does a lot of damage and has an AoE ability that lets him clear stacks.
The most important thing to remember about Morphling is that the hero requires you to balance your stats. A lot of players focus on shifting every STR point into Agility, but this is not always a good idea because the hero becomes squishy. However, there are cases where it could work, especially if there aren’t any heroes that do a lot of burst spell damage.
Morphling is a pretty complicated hero to master because you need to know which stats to focus on. During the late game, you will most likely be the strongest hero in the game, meaning you can easily take down pretty much anyone.
It probably goes without saying, but you can always rely on your STR Attribute Shift and gain a lot of HP. This ability can save you in almost any scenario, but make sure you use it before getting stunned because you may not be able to use it after that.
Morphling Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
After you have learned something about the Morphling Dota 2 stats, the next important thing to check is the pros and cons.
- The hero deals a lot of magical and physical damage
- He can be almost impossible to kill
- Morphling farms pretty fast
- He is great at pushing
- One of the best late-game monsters
- The hero requires a lot of farms to be effective
- He is vulnerable versus heroes with a lot of burst spell damage because most players stay on low HP to do damage.
Morphing Dota 2 Items
When it comes down to the items you can get for the hero, most people choose more or less the same things. With that said, there are a few Dota 2 Morphling items that are better than the rest, so let’s learn more about them.
Morph greatly benefits from stats, so he should start with at least a few branches and some HP regen.
The best early game items for this hero we want to mention in this Dota 2 Morphling guide is one or two Wraith Bands, a Magic Wand, and Boots of Speed. The hero can also get PT if he has a good game.
The best mid-game items for Morphling include things like Manta Style, Ethereal Blade, or Linken’s Sphere. However, you can also see people with SnY, Black King Bar, and more.
There are tons of different late-game items for Morphling you can pick from, but the most popular ones include Butterfly, Eye of Skadi, Monkey King Bar, Ethereal Blade, Moonshard, and more.
Dota 2 Morphling Counter
Picking Morphling is usually a good idea against pretty much anything. However, there are a couple of heroes that are good against him.
- Zeus – This hero deals tons of magical damage, which is good against Morphling at all stages of the game.
- Tinker – Similar to Zeus, Tinker is really strong vs Morph because of his spell damage.
- Elder Titan – A lot of people forget about the hero, but his ability to remove the base armor of heroes works amazingly well against Morph. ET is often paired with a hero that deals a lot of physical damage, such as PA.
Aside from the Morphling Dota 2 counter, there are not that many things to be aware of. The hero works exceptionally well against most enemies. The only downside is that he is hard to master, so players need to be careful.