ESTNN's Veselin Ignatov runs down Day 2's bounties for Midas Mode 2.0.
Yesterday was the opening day of the funniest tournament of the year – Midas Mode 2.0. Fans saw some pretty funny yet back-and-forth games, as well as other surprises. Of course, the biggest one was Gabe Newell’s appearance during the opening ceremony.
One of the reasons why this event is so interesting is the various daily bounties. They are different types of challenges that get chosen by the community. That said, if a team completes any of them, they will earn bonus Moonbucks, which is the currency for this tournament that allows you to do pretty much everything, including picking and banning heroes.
Midas Mode Day 2 Bounties
Unlike yesterday where we had 10 bounties, today that number is down to six. Without further ado, here are all six of them
- Mislick – this bounty will provide a lot of Moonbucks, which is pretty cool. In order to do it, a player has to use his ultimate which has more than 60 seconds CD on an enemy creep. However, the tricky part is that he must not hit any enemy heroes with it. Once this happens, he needs to type in the all-chat “misclick”. The amount of Moonbucks depends on the cooldown of the spell.
- The Great Migration – a rather interesting bounty which is pretty hard to do. If a team wants to win 250 Moonbucks, they need to go as five from one side of the river all the way to the other end while simultaneously typing “quack, quack, quack” in the chat. Needless to say, they have to make it in one piece. However, they are allowed to take part in fights, as long as they return as five and complete the challenge.
- For the Fans! – this challenge is related to Roshan. In order to complete it, a team has to type “VIP Experience” in the all-chat and then attempt to kill Rosh. If one hero dies there or they kill him without being killed by the enemy, they will get the price of 200 Moonbucks. Oh, this must be completed before the 20th-minute mark.
- Not My Fault – a classic challenge that requires a person who died to explain why he died because of his enemy. In addition, the player has to be AFK for 30 seconds after respawning. The prize for this is 175 Moonbucks
- When Will I Ever Use This in Real Life? – as the name suggests, this is a challenge related to a math problem. In order to complete it, a team needs to give an answer to a math problem that is going to be written in the chat. Hopefully, there are some bright mines there because the prize is 125 Moonbucks.
- The Babe Ruth – this is the last challenge of the day. In order to win 125 Moonbucks, a player has to predict who will die from the enemy team by typing his name in the chat. However, this needs to happen within 20 seconds of naming him. That said, if he dies beforehand, it will not count towards the bounty.