Be sure to read the Dota 2 Invoker guide until the end to learn how to use the hero.
There are a lot of unique heroes in Dota 2, but none come close to Invoker. This top-tier mid-laner has the most abilities out of any other hero. He is also hard to master, but this Invoker Dota 2 guide will help you learn more information about it.
Invoker is an Universal ranged hero that has 2-10 starting damage. He also has 285 movement speed and 1.3 armor, which are not the best stats in the game. However, the Dota 2 Invoker combos and his own abilities make up for it, so let’s learn more about everything.
Before looking at anything else, we need to check the Invoker Dota 2 spells.
- Quas – Grans 1 STR and 2-8% Spell lifesteal on Invoker's abilities per orb on cast (does not affect items).
- Wex – Invoker gets +1 agility and grants 1-7% cooldown reduction per orb on all of Invoker's abilities.
- Exort – Grants +1 INT and gives 1-7% spell amplification on all abilities (does not work on items).
- Invoke – This ability is the key for the Dota 2 Invoker spells because he creates a different one, depending on the active orbs.
- Cold Snap – When used, the ability deals up to 64 damage per instance, lasts 5.8s, and stuns a target for 0.4s when they take damage. Heals Invoker for 16-128 HP on every proc and costs 90 mana.
- Ghost Walk- This ability turns makes Invoker invisible, during which he slows down enemies that are close to him, and the hero gets HP regen and Mana Regen.
- Tornado – This ability releases a Tornado that lasts for up to 2.6s and does up to 430 damage. Moreover, it picks up enemies on its pat and lifts them in the air.
- E.M.P – This ability charges for 2.9s, after which it burns up to 625 mana and deals 60% burn damage. Moreover, Invoker gets 50% of the mana the EMP trained.
- Alacrity – This gives up to 94 Attack Speed and 90 damage for 9s.
- Chaos Meteor – This ability deals 220 damage on contact and up to 45 damage per sec after that until its travel distance is over.
- Sun Strike – This ability can be used globally, and it deals up to 550 pure damage after a 1.7s delay.
- Forge Spirit – When used, Invoker creates 2 Forge Spirits that deal 92 damage and have 7 armor. They last for up to 90s, and each attack melts 1 armor from the enemy heroes.
- Ice Wall – Creates an ice wall that slows down the enemy’s movement speed by 160% and deals 48 damage per second/
- Deafening Blast – This deals 450 damage, knockbacks units for 1.6s, and disarms them for up to 6.5s.
If you decide to improve your Dota 2 Invoker skills, you can get an Agh’s Shard, which will increase EMP’s damage and pull the targets close to its center. Those who get an Aghanim’s Scepter will get a new ability called Cataclysm, which allows Invoker to cast 2 Sum Strikes on all enemy heroes on the map. Furthermore, this item will increase the effect of his orbs by 1.
Before looking at the Invoker Dota 2 build, here are some of the talents you need to know.
- Level 10 – -4s Tornado Cooldown or +50 Ice Wall DPS
- Level 15 – -5s Cold Snap Cooldown or +50 Forged Spirit Attack Speed
- Level 20 – +30 Alacricity Damage/Speed or +2 Chaos Meteors
- Level 25 – 3x Quas/Wex/Exort Passive Effects or Radial Deafening Blast
Dota 2 Invoker Guide – Tips
Invoker is a unique hero and can fit in a couple of roles, but he’s almost always the team’s midlaner. He can be an excellent laner and defeat pretty much everyone, but he is also squishy, so his team has to ensure the enemies won’t gank him.
Whether you have the Dota 2 invoker persona or not, Invoker is a hero that can make a difference. He is strong in the mid-game, but his true power comes to life in the late-game when he has a lot of mana to work with. Considering he has some of the best AoE abilities in the game, the hero can work in a variety of combos.
The most important thing to remember about him is that you need to choose your preferred Dota 2 Invoker build. Usually, people focus on Quas and Wex because this gives them more mobility and survivability early on. That said, those who want to focus more on the mid and late-game will emphasize Exort because this is what allows Invoker to do damage.
Besides farming and participating in fights when needed, you should also keep an eye on the minimap. Sun Strike can be a devastating ability when used right, and it can grant you free kills.
Overall, Invoker is a very complex hero and takes a ton of time to master. Besides knowing which abilities to use, you must also be careful not to overlap your abilities.
Invoker Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
Aside from the info on the Invoker Dota 2 wiki, here’s what else you need to know about the hero.
- Extremely fun to play
- Can deal insane amounts of damage
- Top-tier overall midlaner
- Excellent in AoE combos
- Extremely difficult
- Easy to kill early on
Dota 2 Invoker Guide – Items
Aside from the Invoker Dota 2 skills, we also need to check the specific items for the hero.
Invoker should start the game with some HP regen, stats, and a Faerie Fire.
Depending on the Invoker Dota 2 guide, you may find things like Boots of Speed, Null Talisman, Magi Wand, Hand of Midas, and more.
Invoker’s mid-game items can range a lot, and it all depends on the game. This includes options like Aghanim’s Scepter, Blink Dagger, Eul’s Scepter of Divinity, Boots of Speed, and more.
The best late game items for Invoker in Dota 2 can include an Octarine Core, Refresher’s Orb, Scythe of Vyse, Bloodthorn, Black King Bar, and more.
Dota 2 Invoker counter
Despite being one of the best heroes in the game, there is an Invoker Dota 2 counter you need to be aware of:
- Anti-Mage – One of the best counters to all INT heroes is also good against Invoker
- Faceless Void – This hero can trap Invoker inside his Chronosphere, which can be enough to land a kill.
- Kunkka – The latter deals a lot of damage and can usually defeat Invoker in the laning stage.
- Pugna – The hero’s Ward can be extremely annoying to play against.
- Nyx Assassin – Nyx can deal a lot of damage to Invoker at all stages of the game
Aside from his amazing Dota 2 Invoker responses and abilities, there is no arguing this hero is special. He can easily carry his team to victory and can be an excellent option as long as you know how to play.