Read the complete Dota 2 Huskar guide to find out more about one of Dota 2’s most annoying heroes.
Huskar is one of the Dota 2 heroes that you definitely do not want to play against. Although he’s rarely a meta core, he can fill in all core roles in the game and carry his team to victory. In fact, this is probably the best hero to win fast games in PUBs, which explains why boosters use him all the time.
In this Huskar Dota 2 guide, we will see why this hero can work in every meta and do tons of damage. Huskar is a strength-ranged hero with 295 movement speed, 1.7 armor, and between 44-49 damage. His early-game stats are not the best, but this is one of the midders/carries/offlaners that can do wonders, so let’s learn more about him.
Before looking at the Dota 2 Huskar build you want, here’s more info about the abilities.
- Inner Fire – This ability deals 300 AoE damage to all units near Huskar, knocks them back and disarms them for 4s.
- Burning Spear deals 20 damage per second per spear for 8s, but it costs 3% of the hero’s HP to use.
- Berserker’s Blood – This ability gives the hero up to 310 attack speed, 25% magic resistance, and up to 70% of his maximum HP as HP regen.
- Life Break – The ultimate allows Huskar to leap at a target, dealing 44% of its HP as damage and inflicting the same amount on himself. The ult also slows down a target by 60% for 5s and slows its attack speed by 140. During the leap, Huskar has extra magic resistance.
Getting a Shard will allow Huskar to have a lower cooldown on Inner Fire and will heal Huskar for the amount of damage he does. Moreover, the ability will slow down targets. Aghanim’s Scep[ter will allow the hero to taunt the target to attack him, and he will also get bonus cast range.
Once you’re done checking the Huskar Dota 2 wiki, here’s more information bout the hero’s talents.
- Level 10 – +2s slow duration to Life Break or +0.75s duration to Inner Fire
- Level 15 – Huskar gets 15% Lifesteal or Burning Spears deal+4 DPS
- Level 20 – Life Breakt has a -5s Cooldown or Berserker’s Blood gets +25% Regen
- Level 25 – Burning Spears deal Pure Damage or Life Break deals +20% Damage
Dota 2 Huskar Guide – Tips
One of the things that we’ve mentioned in the beginning is that Huskar is a hero that can work in every patch, regardless of the meta. He is a universal core that can fill in all of the 1-3 positions, but he mostly shines when he’s the team’s carry or midder.
Huskar has the power to win pretty much every lane because of his aggressive playstyle. Regardless of the Huskar Dota 2 item build you go for, it’s worth knowing that Huskar benefits when he is on LOW HP because of the extra Attack Speed. However, you need to learn how to balance it because a lot of people are constantly on low HP and have problems dying.
Huskar needs to be ahead to be more effective, so ideally, you must win the laning stage and secure at least one kill to get your Armlet faster. This is definitely not the fastest-farming core in the game, so the hero needs to take part in fights and secure kills to be effective.
In an ideal situation, you will do everything possible to land a kill on Roshan and get the Aegis because this will make you way more effective. A Huskar with an Aegis early on is unstoppable, and enemies will do everything they can to stop you from taking it.
Once you have one or two items, you will be the strongest hero in the game, so you can start grouping up and pushing. Your opponents will be forced to jump on you, which is exactly what you want.
Huskar is a fairly easy hero to master, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind, such as how to toggle your Armlet. Learning how to do this is incredibly strong and will allow you to be way more effective.
Huskar Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
Before looking for the best Dota 2 Huskar skins, here are a few pros and cons you need to be aware of.
- One of the best heroes for snowballing
- Strong at all stages of the game
- Fairly easy to play
- Can defeat anyone on the lane
- Slow farmer
- He is not effective if the enemies shut him down
Huskar Dota 2 build – Items
In addition to the information you will find on the Dota 2 Huskar Reddit, you also need to know some info about the best items for the hero. There are a couple of good options to choose from, so let’s reveal them.
Usually, people start by getting stats and HP regen. However, some players like getting a Wind Lance just because the hero is slow.
Boots of Speed and Magic Wand are the best early-game items for Huskar. If the hero has more farm, he can also get a Morbid Mask.
Assuming the mid-game starts from Min 10 onward, Huskar must have an Armlet and at least a Morbid Mask. Ideally, the hero can go for another item, such as a Heaven’s Halberd or a Dragon Lance/BKB.
The best items for Huskar in the late game include Black King Bar, Satanic, Heart of Tarrasque, Assault Cuirass, Monkey King Bar, and more. Generally speaking, the hero needs HP and damage.
Dota 2 Huskar Counter
Regarding the Huskar Dota 2 counter, the hero has one major weakness – physical damage. That said, there are a few big counters to be aware of:
- Slark – Slark is one of the best heroes against Huskar because he can steal tons of stats, kite him, and eventually land a kill.
- Phantom Assassin – In most cases, Phantom Assassin can be an excellent option against Huskar. In fact, you can find this hero in most Huskar Dota 2 guides.
- Chaos Knight – CK is incredibly strong against Huskar, and he can even one-shot him, depending on the situation.
- Ursa – Last but not least, Ursa is a solid option versus Huskar because she can do a lot of damage and tank his spears with her ult.
Regardless of which Huskar Dota 2 lane you choose to go to, there is no arguing that this hero will shine. Huskar is incredibly powerful in many situations and is the go-to option for a lot of people. Just make sure there aren’t that many counters, and you are good to go.