Let’s dive into this Dota 2 Drow Ranger guide and learn more information about the hero.
Looking for a ranged carry capable of pushing really fast? If the answer is yes, then look no further because this Drow Ranger Dota 2 guide is for you. This hero is one of the go-to carries in all metas, and she works really well in pro and PUB games. Needless to say, this makes Drow one of the most versatile heroes.
Interestingly, Drow Ranger is a ranged agility hero that deals between 49-56 damage. She starts the game with 3.3 armor and 300 movement speed, and the hero has a 625 range. Although her attack animation is not that good, she makes up for it by dealing a lot of damage. With that said, let’s learn more about the Drow Ranger Dota 2 build and the abilities you need to be aware of.
You need to know a few important things before choosing your Dota 2 Drow Ranger item build, and the hero’s abilities are among them.
- Frost Arrows – This attack modifier deals an additional 24 damage per attack and slows down the target for 1.5s for 55% of its movement speed.
- Gust – This ability pushes enemy units away from Drow Ranger, and she silences them for up to 6s. Furthermore, the hero gets a 10% bonus MS.
- Multishot – Releases 3 waves of arrows (4 arrows per wave) that deal 160% of the hero’s damage and apply a slow for 3.5s.
- Marksmanship – This passive ultimate gives her a 40% chance to ignore the enemy’s armor on a shot and deal 80 extra damage. Moreover, Drow Ranger will also give bonus agility to he allied heroes nearby. Sadly, this ability won’t work if there is an enemy hero within a 400 range.
Players interested in the Dota 2 Drow Ranger shard will get a new Glacier ability. The latter allows Drow Ranger to keep Markmanship even if enemies are close to her. She can also walk freely off the Glacier over the barrier.
Those who prefer the Aghanim Scepter for Drow can stack their frost arrows, reducing the healing the target receives. This will also increase the damage of Forst Arrows, and if a target dies while being under its effect, it will explode and deal damage to all nearby targets.
Every Dota 2 Drow Ranger build is different, but you must have the right talents to succeed, so here’s what to expect.
- Level 10 – +15 Frost Arrow damage or +15% Gust Self Movement Speed
- Level 15 – -8s Multishot Cooldown or Gust Reveals Invisible Units
- Level 20 – -4s Gust Cooldown or +25% Multishot Damage
- Level 25 – +1 Multishot Waves or 12% Marksmanship Chance
Dota 2 Drow Ranger Guide – Tips
Although there are rare cases where Drow Ranger can be a midlaner, the hero is usually the carry. Whether you’re using the Dota 2 Drow Ranger Arcana or something else, you can’t deny this hero is really fun to play and can be extremely efficient.
The problem when playing with Drow is that the hero is pretty squishy against targets that can jump on her. However, she works exceptionally well with other heroes that do a lot of physical damage, such as Templar Assassin. In fact, there are different kinds of “Drow Strats” out there, and each one focuses on pushing as much as possible.
Drow Ranger’s early game is not that good, but once you get some of the best Drow Ranger Dota 2 items, your game will become much easier. Thanks to Multishot, Drow is among the fastest farmers in the game. She can clear stacks and lanes much faster than other heroes, which gives her a huge advantage.
Speaking of advantages, Drow is excellent at pushing towers, which is why she’s the hero to go for if you want to try and end the game fast. Of course, you should always take advantage of her pushing capabilities and punish enemies who let you farm alone on the lane.
Drow Ranger Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
The different Dota2 Drow Ranger skins make this hero more popular. Nevertheless, there are other pros and cons you need to be aware of.
- Drow Ranger is excellent when it comes down to pushing
- She has one of the highest physical damage output
- The hero works really well with other physical damage-range heroes
- Drow Ranger can lane fairly well against most opponents
- Not good against enemies that can jump on top of her
- Fairly weak early on
- She usually needs a defensive support
Drow Ranger Dota 2 Items
When it comes down to the best Dota 2 Drow Ranger items, there are a few specific things you should focus on.
This hero needs some HP regen and stats, so most players choose Tango, a Salve, and branches.
Depending on her farm, Drow Ranger can have Power Treads, a Magic Wand, and a Wraith Band.
People using the Drow Ranger Dota 2 Arcana and other items can choose from a lot of things for the mid game. Some players like getting Dragon Lance or a Hurricane Pike, Shadow Blade, Maesltorm, and more. There are cases where the hero also needs a BKB to do damage in the fights.
If Drow hasn’t got Hurricane Pike, she must finish this item because it is fantastic for her. Aside from that, she can go for SnY, Manta Style, Butterfly, Daedalus, Monkey King Bar, Mjollnir, and more.
Dota 2 Drow Ranger Counter
Albeit being one of the strongest carries in the game, a quick look at the Drow Ranger Dota 2 wiki shows that the hero has a couple of big counters.
- Slark – Slark is probably the worst hero to play against because he’s always next to you and can steal your stats.
- Spectre – This hero’s ultimate allows it to come next to you whenever it wants to.
- Ursa – Ursa can be tough to play against because she has a Slow and deals a lot of damage.
- Phantom Lancer – PL is always difficult ot play against, even with a hero that can deal with illusions fairly easily.
Despite some of the drawbacks, Drow Ranger is an excellent hero that can be extremely efficient. She’s not that hard to master and can help you win your games much faster.