Here is what we need to know about the CS2 update log and the things that are new.
Counter-Strike 2 arrive a couple of days from now, and it’s probably no surprise the game has shocked the world in a good way. Despite some of the drawbacks, a lot of people think this is the best CS yet, so it’s no surprise that Counter-Strike 2 has tons of new players.
Although the game became available a few days ago, we’ve already seen a couple of changes in the CS2 update log. The most recent ones are from today, and this article will take a look at what we need to know about these CS2 patchnotes.
CS2 Update Log – What has Changed
Unlike some of Valve’s other games, such as Dota 2, the CS2 changes are not that drastic. In other words, the game rarely sees things like damage boosts/nerfs and things like that. However, there are many other small quality-of-life updates that can make a difference. So, let’s see what’s new in the CS2 update log after we’ve learned how to twerk.
The first thing that’s new in this CS2 update is a few graphic changes. There were instances where people who took a screenshot in-game or used video capture made the water look black. Luckily, this is no longer the case because Valve has addressed this issue.
The second new graphics issue is for people with AMD GPUs. There was a problem with them and the shader compilation hitches, but it seems like Valve worked with AMD to fix this, which is why there is a new update from AMD.
In addition to the graphic changes, the CS2 patchnotes laso addresses some animation news. The first one is related to the grenade throw animation, which was canceled when people where holding the inspect key.
The second thing that’s fixed is related to the M4A4 and M4A4-S’s draw animation. Previously, there was a problem where this animation started out of frame.
Lastly, the most recent CS2 patchnotes also address minor animation system performance optimizations.
Even though we expected the CS2 changelog to address only on or two map changes, Valve fixed several minor changes across a variety of maps. This includes:
Besides the changes in the CS2 update log mentioned so far, the new update also addresses a few misc changes:
- We will need a majority vote to pass the surrender option, which means that most players will need to vote in favor of it to work.
- Players can no longer spam the chat while playing in the Premier draft phase
- Kicked players will no longer receive the maximum CS rating penalty. Instead, they will receive this rate based on the outcome of the match.
- The first character of the terrorist team at the beginning of the round will now appear on the screen after this CS2 patch.
- Players using Linux should know that SOL will now prefer X11 over Wayland
- The items for the Paris Major 2023 are no longer available for sale.