The CS2 crashing mid game issue is something that is really annoying to deal with. Thankfully, we have an idea how to help you.
Even though Counter-Strike 2 has been out for a while now, the game has some bugs that need to be fixed. Unfortunately, one of them is a previous issue from CSGO where the game suddenly stopped working while playing. The CS2 crashing mid game issue is real, so let’s see what we can do to fix it.
How to Fix the CS2 mid game issue?
To fix the bid-game issue, you have to do some troubleshooting and find what causes it. If you keep reading the article, you will find more information about some of the things that could cause the problem. With that said, here is how you can fix it:
- Use optimal hardware – besides meeting the minimum CS2 requirements, you should try to use even better hardware. This will ensure you will have the best possible experience.
- Use an older driver when needed – Sometimes, people get the CS2 crashing mid game problem after updating to the newest drivers. If that’s the case, you can always try to revert to the older ones.
- Reinstall the game – This often fixes a lot of issues, especially when it comes down to crashing.
CS2 Crashing Mid Game Issue – The issue
As you can guess, this problem is very serious because the game freezes and crashes while you are playing. This causes people to lose their games, and they even receive competitive cooldowns, which can be even more annoying.
A lot of people expected this issue to disappear (it was also a thing in CSGO). However, despite the change in servers, the issue still persists.
One of the worst things about the situation is that we do not have an official answer from Valve about the CS2 crashing mid game issue. The developers are not sure what causes it, but here are a couple of reasons why this could be the case:
- Hardware problems – One of the most common reasons for CS2 crashing is related to your hardware. In some instances, it is not compatible with Counter-Strike 2 because users’ PCs do not have the minimum requirements.
- Lack of driver updates – Sometimes, people could experience a crash while playing CS2 or another game because the drivers haven’t been updated. Make sure you are using the latest drivers before you start playing.
- Overheating – Last but not least, some PCs could overheat when they are under too much load. Once that happens, the computer shuts down the app that uses the most power, which is usually CS2.