Warhammer 40k Leviathan Box Set Preorders will finally be available this week, with the starting kit of the 10th Edition shipping on the 24th of June!
Last week, we have finally come to the last Warhammer 40k 10th Edition Faction Focus: we started out with the stars of the new Edition, the Space Marines and the Tyranids, looked at the forces of the Ruinous Powers such as the Chaos Space Marines and the Chaos Daemons, dabbled in some xenos cultures with the Leagues of Votann and the T’au Empire, and closed the deal with some unique factions, such as the Imperial Agents and the Adeptus Titanicus.
On Saturday, the entire Core Rules have become available to download for free (which you can access here), and Games Workshop have started the last hurdle of the marathon towards 10th Edition after they announced that the first box of #New40k will be available for preorder on the 10th of June – which is this Saturday! Depending on your time zone, you can submit your order to your LGS or Games Workshop at 10:00 AM in New Zealand, Australia, the UK and the USA, while Japanese and European fans will have to wait an hour more in their respective timezones, as the window for the preorders will open at 11:00 AM.
All things in the Warhammer 40k Leviathan Box Set
While we already covered the Leviathan Box Set here, let’s go over what players will get for their purchase:
- The box will contain 72 new miniatures, 26 Space Marines and 46 Tyranids:
- Among the Space Marines, you can find the new Terminators, the Space Marine Captain in Terminator Armour, a new Librarian in Terminator Armour, an Apothecary Biologis in Gravis Armour, a Phobos Armour-clad Lieutenant (with a comical amount of knives to hunt pesky bugs with), 10 Inferus Marines raining down fiery hell on the Tyranids, five Sternguard and a new Ballistus Dreadnought (this time with extra legs!);
- The Tyranid side is much more numerous, as the box contains 20 ne models of Termagants, 2 Ripper Swarms, 11 Neurogaunts to protect your Neurotyrant and it’s retinue, 5 Barbgaunts to slow your opponents down with bio-weapons, a Psychophage against the enemy Psykers, 3 Von Ryans’ Leapers for infiltration, a blast from the past with the new Screamer-Killer model, and a Winged Hive Tyrant to lead the skittering forces and to exert the will of the Shadow in the Warp.
- Alongside the minis, the box includes a special, extended version of the Warhammer 40k 10th Edition Core rules containing the first Crusade Expansion, a 66-card Mission Card Deck with the new Missions, and a transfer sheet with Space Marine decals,
- If your order from Games Workshop, you received 2 gaming boards which make up a 60”x44” battlefield when put together, and if you order from a Warhammer shop, you’ll get some acrylic tokens to mark battle-shocked units, objectives and wounds – and a dice tray so you can start playing as soon as you open the box!
What happens after the Warhammer 40k Leviathan Box Set?
The Warhammer 40k Leviathan Box is a kit living up to the start of the new Edition of the most popular tabletop wargame in the world. According to some recent leaks by Warhammer YouTuber Valrak, the full release schedule of 10th Edition is as follows:
- June 2nd will see the Core Rules released – which happened already!
- June 5th will be the release of the datasheets of the models in the Leviathan box – check ESTNN for them later today!
- June 8th the Tyranids will receive their datasheets,
- Followed by the Space Marine datasheets on June 9th,
- June 12th will be the release of the Space Marine Chapters’ datasheets,
- June 13th the Chaos factions will see their datasheets,
- June 14th the non-Astartes Imperium factions follow,
- June 15th will be the datasheets released for all the xenos factions,
- June 16th will be all the points values, alongside with the GT Pack – this is the soft release, as players will have everything for matched play!
- On June 20th, GW will release the new, special rules for the Combat Patrol gamemode,
- On June 23rd, the Boarding Patrol and narrative Crusade rules will be released,
- With the official release of the Leviathan Box Set and the 10th Edition of Warhammer 40k on June 24th!
While we already have a lot of information, the main course is still ahead of us – follow ESTNN for the latest news about the 10th Edition of Warhammer 40k!