There are numerous things to learn and mysteries to solve in the video game Starfield. It is therefore essential to comprehend both the Starfield skills that players can acquire in the game, as well as the backgrounds and character traits that might be used in a game of this kind. As a result, we have decided to group all of the Starfield physical skills that you can teach your character while on the adventure in one place in one post.
- 1 Starfield skills: All physical skills explained
- 1.1 Tier 1 physical skills
- 1.2 Tier 2 physical skills
- 1.3 Tier 3 physical skills
- 1.4 Tier 4 physical skills
Starfield skills: All physical skills explained
There are 82 distinct skills that may be used in Starfield, and they are divided into five categories based on their nature: tech, combat, physical, science, and social. This is the first and most important thing to be aware of. Furthermore, each category also has four separate skill tiers that are further divided into four ranks. Due to the fact of being simpler to read, we have decided to publish a separate article for each talent area.
Tier 1 physical skills
The Tier 1 Starfield physical skills are the basic ones that will be available from the first hours of the game. Investing in them will give you the possibility to tackle the missions and activities that the game makes available more easily since you will have increased stats regarding melee attacks, the weight of the things you can carry, the availability of oxygen, your health, and also the availability of oxygen.
- Rank 1: Unarmed attacks deal 25% greater damage. When using a strong attack, 25% less oxygen is used.
- Rank 2: Unarmed attacks deal 50% greater damage. When using a strong attack, 50% less oxygen is used.
- Rank 3: Unarmed attacks deal 75% greater damage. Running uses 30% less oxygen when engaged in combat and unarmed.
- Rank 4: Unarmed attacks deal 100% more damage and have a chance to knock down targets.
- Rank 1: Your oxygen availability has increased by 10%.
- Rank 2: Your oxygen availability has increased by 20%.
- Rank 3: Your oxygen availability has increased by 30%.
- Rank 4: Significantly less oxygen is consumed when sprinting and doing strong attacks.
- Rank 1: Introduces a Stealth Meter. Sneaking increases your detection difficulty by 25%. Sneak attack damage from suppressed weapons is increased by 5%.
- Rank 2: Strengthens the Stealth Meter. Sneaking increases your detection difficulty by 50%. Sneak attack damage from suppressed weapons is increased by 10%.
- Rank 3: While creeping, it's 75% harder to catch you. An additional 15% sneak attack damage is dealt by suppressed weapons.
- Rank 4: While creeping, it is 100% harder to catch you. An additional 20% sneak attack damage is dealt by suppressed weapons. When under stealth, opening doors does not make adversaries aware of your presence.
- Rank 1: Add 10 kg to the overall carrying capacity.
- Rank 2: Add 25 kg to the total carrying capacity.
- Rank 3: Add 50 kg to the overall carrying capacity.
- Rank 4: Double the overall carrying capacity to 100 kilos. Increase your stagger resistance by 50%.
- Rank 1: Your maximum health will rise by 10%.
- Rank 2: Your maximum health will rise by 20%.
- Rank 3: Add 30% more health to your overall potential.
- Rank 4: Add 40% more health to your overall potential.
Tier 2 physical skills
The Starfield physical skills present in Tier 2 contribute even more to the bonuses that are added with the skills of Tier 1. These skills are very useful later on in the game, since they give you the possibility to resist more energy damage , have more protection from environmental attacks, you will be more agile, food and drink will be more effective than before and you will have greater resistance to physical damage suffered.
Energy Weapon Dissipation
- Rank 1: Energy damage is lessened by 5%.
- Rank 2: A 10% reduction in energy damage.
- Rank 3: 15% reduction in energy damage.
- Rank 4: When your health is less than 50%, there is a 25% chance that you will reflect energy damage back to an attacker.
- Rank 1: Gain 10 defenses against airborne environmental harm.
- Rank 2: Gain 10 more protection from thermal environmental damage.
- Rank 3: Earn 10 more protection against radiation and corrosive environmental damage.
- Rank 4: Reduced possibility of illnesses from sources of environmental damage.
- Rank 1: Gain access to the ability to counter slide. Reduce fall injury by 15%.
- Rank 2: Move more quickly in zero-G. Take 20 percent less fall injury.
- Rank 3: Develop your stability when firing in zero-G. Receive 30% less fall injury. After mantling, replenish some oxygen.
- Rank 4: Increased jump height. Run more quickly following combat sliding or mantling.
- Rank 1: Food and drink have a 10% greater impact.
- Rank 2: Food and beverage consumption is 20% more efficient.
- Rank 3: Food and beverages have a 30% higher effectiveness.
- Rank 4: Food and drink are 50% more efficient.
- Rank 1: A 5% reduction in physical damage.
- Rank 2: 10% less physical damage is dealt.
- Rank 3: A 15% reduction in physical damage.
- Rank 4: 5% chance to overlook physical harm while your health is low.
Tier 3 physical skills
The Tier 3 Starfield physical skills aim to improve the statistics relating to your character's regeneration. For this reason, these skills allow you to regenerate faster from wounds and infections, as well as giving you a boost in melee attacks with the use of martial arts.
- Rank 1: Slightly improved potential for a full recovery from wounds.
- Rank 2: Slightly improved probability of recovering spontaneously from injuries.
- Rank 3: Significantly higher probability of recovering from injuries without medication.
- Rank 4: 20% chance that an injury you might have otherwise sustained won't occur.
- Rank 1: Slightly higher likelihood of recovering naturally from infections.
- Rank 2: Moderately improved likelihood of recovering naturally from infections.
- Rank 3: Significantly higher likelihood of recovering naturally from infections.
- Rank 4: 20% chance that you won't contract an infection when you normally would.
- Rank 1: 15% greater chance for a melee or unarmed attack to critically strike.
- Rank 2: A melee or unarmed power attack has a 15% chance to disarm an adversary.
- Rank 3: You will take 10% less damage when using a melee weapon or going unarmed.
- Rank 4: Reverse 50% of the damage taken when a melee or unarmed attack is blocked.
Tier 4 physical skills
Finally, the Tier 4 Starfield physical skills are what you will unlock later in the game, when the missions get more complicated. These abilities will give you the ability to restore your health faster, you'll have stealth advantages, as well as a better chance of stun your opponents.
- Rank 1: You are no longer able to detonate opponent mines. Your melee sneak attacks deal 4 times the standard damage, while your ranged sneak attacks deal 2.5 times the usual damage.
- Rank 2: Running when sneaking has no impact on stealth. Melee sneak attacks deal 5 times the damage of ranged sneak attacks.
- Rank 3: When fully still and creeping, you acquire chameleon-like abilities. Your melee sneak attacks deal 8 times the regular damage, while your ranged sneak strikes deal 3.5 times the normal damage.
- Rank 4: Engaging stealth leads far-off adversaries to lose you. Your melee sneak attacks do 10 times the standard damage, while your ranged sneak strikes deal 4 times the usual damage.
- Rank 1: There is a 10% chance that an unarmed attack may stun an NPC.
- Rank 2: Attacks with no weapons now do more EM damage.
- Rank 3: There is a 20% chance that an unarmed attack would stun an NPC.
- Rank 4: You strike down any adversaries nearby after stunning an adversary.
- Rank 1: Outside of combat, slowly restore health.
- Rank 2: Outside of combat, health will regenerate more swiftly.
- Rank 3: Outside of battle, heal significantly more quickly. Now, while engaged in a fight, your health will slowly replenish.
- Rank 4: Outside of combat, regenerate health even more quickly. Now, when engaged in a fight, your health can replenish swiftly.