The Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPSTier List will reveal everything about the hottest heroes in the game right now.
The arrival of Overwatch 2 Season 8 changed a lot of things about our favorite game. Alongside the new hero, new events, and map changes, a lot of heroes receive buffs and nerfs. As expected, this affects the current meta, which is why it is time for our Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS Tier list. We’ve tested and analyzed all heroes after the changes, which is why we can finally provide you with accurate data about the best and worst heroes right now. We want to start with the worst heroes in Overwatch 2 Season 8, and we will work our way to the top.
Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS Tier List – The Basics
Keep in mind that the list below is based on our own experience. You may disagree with some of them, but we’ve been playing long enough to know names stand out.
The heroes in the Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS Tier List who are in the F tier are just not as good as they should be. Generally speaking, all DPS heroes can be used in some situations, but the following options are not impressive:
- Pharah – Right now, Pharah is the worst hero in Overwatch 2 Season 8. The hero is countered by all popular names in the current meta. This also includes Mauga, the latest tank in the game. He is pretty big right now, so you can expect to see him a lot.
The only good thing about Pharah is that the hero is expected to get some buffs in the near future, which should make her faster. In other words, she may escape from the F-tier.
Regarding the D-Tier, the Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS tier list includes two names that are viable but only in very specific scenarios. In other words, it’s probably better to avoid them, especially if you want to maximize your results.
- Junkrat – Albeit strong, Junkrat only works in S8 of OW2 on some specific maps. He needs a lot of chokepoints, as well as flank routes, which is not that easy. Enemies who know how to play against him are aware of the things they need to do to counter him, so winning with him takes a lot of work.
- Widowmaker – The second hero that we think should be on the list is Widowmaker. From our tests, she can work well, but the hero is just not that good because of the fact that she is hard to play. There are tons of shields, high HP pools, and more, and the current meta, so Widowmaker does not feel as strong as before.
The C-Tier heroes are good, but only in the hands of people who know how to use them. That said, here are the names that we want to add to this Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS Tier List
- Cassidy – The main problem with Cassidy is the damage falloff. He is pretty strong, but you must be careful and aware of your range. Sadly, the hero is just not as strong as before.
- Reaper – After being one of the worst Overwatch 2 heroes for months, Reaper is finally beach in the meta. Having said that, the Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS Tier list puts him in the C-tier because he only works against some tanks like Mauga and Ramatra. In fact, he is probably one of the best options you can get against Mauga because of the insane damage output at a close range.
- Somba – A lot of people probably think Sombra should be in the D-Tier, but following the EMP buff, we think she deserves to be here. The hero seems a lot more.
The Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS Tier list has a B-tier, which is where heroes work in most situations. That said, they are just not as good as those in other tiers.
- Torbjorn – Torbi is the first hero in the B-Tier, and for a good reason. The hero received a substantial buff in Overwatch 2 Season 8 which makes him a lot more dangerous to play against.
- Hanzo – The next name on the Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS tier list is Hanzo. He is a versatile pick and can work fairly well, but he is hard to master. Therefore, people who’re not good with him should probably pick something else.
- Genji – Even though the hero used to be in the A-tier before, nowadays, he is in the B-tier. He can be an okay pick, but there are other heroes who are better in specific situations.
- Soldier:76 – Despite the nerfs. Soldier continues to be a solid pick in the current meta. He is good overall and a reliable pick in several areas.
- Symmetra – Even though she shines in a brawl comp, Symmetra’s good in a lot of other lineups. Sadly, she is bad against dive combos, so she is on this list.
- Mei – Although some people would place her in the A-tier, she needs to be in the B-tier. Her maximum ammo is down, which makes her a bit harder to master.
The heroes in the A-tier of our Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS tier list are great and work almost all the time.
- Echo – Many users will probably put Echo in the B-tier, but our tests prove she works really well. Granted, you know how to survive while flying, she can be an excellent pick.
- Bastion – The hero continues to be strong and has the highest damage output, which is why he is on the A-tier. Having said that, you need to be careful because there are a lot of Bastion counters.
- Ashe – This is one of the most consistent picks you can get. We considered adding her to the S-tier of our Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS tier list, but since she is a bit tricky to master, she gets the A-Tier.
These are the best Overwatch 2 Heroes you can get right now if you like the DPS role.
- Tracer – Assuming you know how to use her, Tracer is a deadly pick. Her damage buff makes her a lot harder to deal with, and she has the firepower to bring down pretty much everyone.
- Sojourn – Up next in our Overwatch 2 Season 8 DPS timer list is Sojourn. She has been among the best for months now, and the situation hasn’t changed. She fits really well in the meta because she can farm the new tanks to get her Railgun. Needless to say, this ultimate continues to be among the best in the game.