Find out everything you need to know about the upcoming Fortnite Community Cup tournament.
Competitive Fortnite players and fans are less than two weeks away from the inaugural Fortnite Champion Series (FNCS) Grand Royale event. Qualified individuals across the game's seven competitive server regions will begin their journey toward a share of the $5M USD prize pool on November 13. Epic Games recently provided more information about the official broadcast and set up for the Grand Royale.
In that same announcement, Epic revealed a Community Cup open to all players, where the top-performing teams will take home the “Victor Elite” outfit—also known as the purple FNCS Juggernaut. This outfit is the third FNCS-branded skin released by Epic Games since Chapter 2 – Season 6. The previous two were released in Fortnite's Item Shop, but players can win the Victor Elite skin through the first-ever Community Cup this time around.
Today, ESTNN breaks down the format, scoring system and prize distribution for the Community Cup. Join us as we analyze the tournament in its entirety.
Community Cup: Format & Dates
Schedule to occur on November 16 for three regions and November 17 for the remaining four, the Community Cup is an open trios tournament. Only teams of three are eligible to compete in ten matches at most across a three-hour time limit. Points are rewarded for placement and eliminations during the competition. While a specific Champion's League rank in Arena Mode is not required, participants must have an account at level 30 or higher and have 2FA set up.
Here is a concise breakdown of the Community Cup format:
- Open format
- Three-hour session
- Teams compete in a maximum of ten matches
- Teams earn points based on placement and eliminations
Here are the dates per region for the Community Cup:
- November 16 – NA East, NA West & Brazil
- November 17 – Middle East, Oceania, Asia & Europe
Community Cup: Scoring System
The Community Cup scoring system rewards one point per elimination and 25 points for a Victory Royale.
Here is the complete scoring system breakdown:
- Victory Royale: 25 Points
- 2nd: 20 Points
- 3rd: 16 Points
- 4th: 14 Points
- 5th: 13 Points
- 6th: 12 Points
- 7th: 11 Points
- 8th: 10 Points
- 9th: 9 Points
- 10th: 8 Points
- 11th: 7 Points
- 12th: 6 Points
- 13th: 5 Points
- 14th: 4 Points
- 15th: 3 Points
- 16th: 2 Points
- 17th: 1 Point
- Each Elimination: 1 Point
Community Cup: Prize Distribution
Only the highest-performing teams in each region will collect their Victor Elite outfit winnings. The European region tops the list, where trios that finish between 1st and 900th will reap the rewards.
Here is the complete prize distribution breakdown per region:
- 1st – 900th: “Purple FNCS Juggernaut” In-Game Cosmetic Outfit and Back Bling
- 1st – 420th: “Purple FNCS Juggernaut” In-Game Cosmetic Outfit and Back Bling
- 1st – 160th: “Purple FNCS Juggernaut” In-Game Cosmetic Outfit and Back Bling
- 1st – 280th: “Purple FNCS Juggernaut” In-Game Cosmetic Outfit and Back Bling
- 1st – 100th: “Purple FNCS Juggernaut” In-Game Cosmetic Outfit and Back Bling
- 1st – 60th: “Purple FNCS Juggernaut” In-Game Cosmetic Outfit and Back Bling
- 1st – 80th: “Purple FNCS Juggernaut” In-Game Cosmetic Outfit and Back Bling
That covers everything you need to know about the upcoming Fortnite Community Cup. We'll be sure to update this post with any additional details. Otherwise, these tournaments offer a solid outing for competitive Fortnite players, and there's potential to collect a free skin and back bling.
Featured Image: Epic Games