It's time for North American LoL players to take another shot at 1v1 glory.
Red Bull and the League of Legends Champion Series (LCS) are teaming up to put on another 1v1 tournament series for amateur players in the US and Canada. The first Red Bull Solo Q was announced last year and had over 80,000 signups, so this iteration holds even more promise. Especially so, considering the talent that will appear in the event, including Alberto "Crumbz" Rengifo and Nicki Taylor.
Players of any skill level in North America are welcome to join. Fortunately, signups are already open on the Red Bull Solo Q website so there's no need to wait! If you want to get in on the action, you'll have the opportunity to claim prizes, community pride and the Red Bull Solo Q trophy.
Red Bull Solo Q format
The Red Bull Solo Q is, as mentioned, a 1v1 tournament. No jungle diff here, just straight skill matchups. The win conditions are similar to the LoL Esports All-Stars 1v1 events but slightly different. The matches are played in the top lane of Summoner's Rift and players can claim victory in a few ways. First, they can get two kills on their opponent in under seven minutes. Or, one kill after seven minutes. In addition, the option of claiming 100 CS or destroying the opponent's tower will get you a win too.
There are tournament dates set throughout the summer and fall. The first qualifier is set for May 29, then they'll run regularly for a few months from there. To note, for dates accompanied by city/region names, only players from those places can participate. However, the Open Qualifier dates are online and open to anyone in the specified country. Here's the full breakdown of the current schedule:
- May 29: St. Louis, MO
- June 5: New Orleans, LA
- June 12: Chicago, IL
- June 12: New York City, NY
- June 12: Los Angeles, CA
- June 27: National Open Qualifier 1
- July 10: Atlanta, GA
- July 25: National Open Qualifier 2
- July 31: San Francisco, CA
- July 31: Orlando, FL
- July 31: Dallas, TX
- August 14: Salt Lake City, UT
- August 28: Boston, MA
- August 28: Columbus, OH
- August 29: National Open Qualifier 3
- November 14: National Open Qualifier 4
- September 18: Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, NW Territories, Nunavut
- October 2: Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, NW Territories, Nunavut
- October 16: Open Qualifier
- TBA: National Finals