| Tags: Overwatch, Overwatch 2
| Author Sid
Overwatch 2: Moira Rework and Mercy Changes Detailed in July 11 Patch
The newest Overwatch 2 patch grants Moira a new ability while including changes for Mercy’s super jump, Guardian Angel.
Moira Rework Changes
Blizzard developers have reworked Moira's orb, changing it into an exploding projecting that explodes upon making contact with an enemy. On the other hand, Blizzard has taken some power from her healing abilities to compensate for the orb reworks that aim to make her powerful in the game's current meta.
- The new ability is temporarily named “Enfeebling Orb” in-game
- Replaces Damage Biotic Orb, with a separate cooldown of 16 seconds
- Fires a straight moving projectile that explodes in a 3-meter radius on impact of an enemy or environment
- Will deal 40 impact damage and 10 explosion damage
- Enemies affected by Necrotic Orb’s explosion receive the “Weakened” effect, reducing all damage dealt by 75% for 4 seconds
- Damage Orb gets replaced by a new ability called “Necrotic Orb”
- Each orb will have its own separate cooldown
- Healing Orb capacity reduced from 300 to 250
- Cooldown increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds
- Self-healing reduced from 24 to 20 per second
- Cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 7 seconds
The developers have finally addressed Mercy’s controversial jump ability and have given players much more control by adjusting her Guardian Angel with the latest patch.
- Mercy is no longer automatically launched upward when she reaches her destination.
- The ability will now have a meter that charges up while Guardian Angel is active.
- Canceling the ability with Jump now launches Mercy in the direction she is facing.
- The more charge she has, the more launch speed she’ll have when canceling Guardian Angel with Jump.
- Holding the backward directional input and canceling Guardian Angel will launch Mercy in the opposite direction.
Overwatch 2 beta’s July 11 patch should be live in servers across all regions. Fans can access the full patch notes article on Blizzard’s official site by clicking here.