Are you getting the Overwatch 2 fail to connect to server issue? If yes, here is how to fix it.
Blizzard is one of the leading gaming companies in the world and it was recently acquired by Microsoft. Needless to say, this is not one of the companies' known issues connecting to its game servers. However, some people have been getting the Overwatch 2 fail to connect to server issue and want to know how to resolve it, which is why it’s time to learn more about the entire process.
Overwatch 2 Fail to Connect to Server
If you are getting the Ovewwatch 2 failed to connect to game server error or something similar, it could be because of several reasons. An important thing to do before following the steps below is to go to Blizzard’s Twitter and check whether there is information about what is going on. Sometimes, you will see that there is Overwatch 2 maintenance going on, which means that you just need to wait for a couple of hours before you can play.
If there is no information about how to fix the Overwatch 2 fail to connect to server issue, here is what you can do:
- Go to the Options menu using the Battle.net app and check if your game is up to date.
- Sometimes, you may have accidentally selected the wrong option from the Region/Account menu near the Play button. Check if that’s the case and choose your preferred region.
- Use Blizzard’s repair tool because it will fix any damaged files.
- Try resetting your network device and try to renew your IP if possible.
- Make sure you are using the optimal network configuration.
- Check whether you have any security software installed and whether it interferes with Blizzard’s app.
If none of the options work and you still get the Overwatch 2 failed to connect to the game server issue, you can try contacting Blizzard for help. Some users even decide to reinstall the game, but there should be a network problem, so don’t expect the reinstall to fix your issue. Don't forget to check our Roadhog rework article if you have missed out on the latest rumors because the hero will get a lot of interesting changes.