| Tags: General, Microsoft
| Author Harrison Giza
Microsoft Set to Showcase Xbox Series X with Monthly Xbox 20/20 Events
Microsoft is laying out their plans leading up to the Xbox Series X release.
With the Xbox Series X slated to be the name of the next-generation Xbox console, Microsoft has asked fans a new question. What will the Series X sound like?
Just yesterday, the company uploaded that little meme, trying to stir the pot of Twitter. Instantly, memes and user input was generated, with seemingly every gamer conjuring up thoughts of how the new system will sound.
— Xbox (@Xbox) May 6, 2020
Xbox even reached out directly to someone, trying their best to describe the sound of the Xbox Series X to the intrigued fan.
The Sounds of Xbox
However, Xbox may have already released the sound of its latest console (under the radar) it seems. With their new streaming series that is coming out this week, Microsoft has released a promo video for fans to loop endlessly until they go live.
With these monthly events, Microsoft and Xbox will definitely be detailing more to come for fans and future buyers. The Series X comes at a very strange time in gaming history, with COVID-19 changing the landscape (as well as reliability) or modern gaming.
The Year To Come
Here is what the Xbox team had to say in their latest press release, detailing how this “momentous year” will go down:
“This is a momentous year for Xbox, with our next-gen console paving the way for all our games and services to come together in even better ways. Here’s what 2020 looks like, just to start:
- Our goal remains to launch Xbox Series X and Halo Infinite this Holiday
- All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are hard at work on next-generation games for Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass
- The best development teams around the world are working hard to have their games ready to play on Xbox Series X this holiday
- For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- We have new updates and titles lined up for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC
- We’re expanding Project xCloud into new countries and on new devices—and later this year Project xCloud and Xbox Game Pass will come together, enabling you and your friends to play together in more ways.
It’s a lot – and that’s saying something in 2020, a year which could be summed up as “a lot.” With all this in mind, we set out to create new touchpoints to celebrate gaming and share what’s next with our global community.”
And just when you thought there couldn’t be a more detailed promotion, Xbox continued to break what 2020 will bring to the gaming table. Mainly, a new program called Xbox 20/20.
“Starting with the May 7 episode of Inside Xbox, we will be showcasing what happens next in the world of Xbox, every month, which is why we’re calling it ‘Xbox 20/20.'
These monthly moments will take place throughout the rest of the year and will be a way for us to engage, connect and celebrate with you about what’s in store for the next generation of gaming, including what’s next for Xbox Series X, Xbox Game Studios, Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud. Every month will bring something different. Stay tuned to Xbox Wire for more details.”
For more info on Xbox and esports news, follow ESTNN on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.