Riot Games’ two flagship titles, and others, will be available with Game Pass sooner than expected.
Back in early June, Xbox had announced during the Bethesda Games Showcase that they would be entering into a partnership with Riot Games to bring their games to their platform. This was part of a push by Xbox to prove to PC gamers that Game Pass is a worthy investment, even without a console. During that announcement, there wasn’t a specific date given and many expected it to happen in 2023. But in some good news to end the year, Xbox announced that Riot Games titles would be joining the platform a lot sooner than that, December 12 to be exact.
To take advantage of this Riot/Xbox partnership immediately on Monday, players just need to make sure to have the Xbox app installed on their PC. From the app, you will be able to connect your Riot account to your Xbox Game Pass one, or create a Riot account if you don’t have one. For those who don’t have the Xbox app, it is also possible to link accounts on Riot’s website, on this page, and also get access to the FAQ about the deal.
League of Legends
- All 160+ champions
- Access to every new champion as soon as they’re released
- 20% XP boost
- All current Agents
- Access to every new Agent as soon as they’re released
- 20% Match XP boost given to Battle Pass, Event Pass, and active Agent Contract progress
Legends of Runeterra
- All cards in Foundations Set
- 1-Star Rare Little Legend Tacticians
- 4 Arena Skins available until April 2023, and 1 Arena Skin that’s on a monthly rotation thereafter
League of Legends: Wild Rift (coming in January)
- All 80+ champions
- Day-one access to every new champion as they’re released
- 20% XP boost
Plus, as an added benefit, players who link their accounts before the year ends will receive even more bonus rewards from Riot:
- League of Legends – Masterwork Chest and Key
- Valorant – Pocket Sage Buddy
- Teamfight Tactics – Little Legend Rare Egg
- Wild Rift – Random Emote Chest
- Legends of Runeterra – Prismatic Chest