Looking to learn how to play Ghost Face like a pro? Then, take a look at our Ghost Face Dead by Daylight Killer guide
There are a whopping 33 Killers in Dead by Daylight (DbD), but nothing compares to the terrifying stabber, Ghost Face. This Killer is a stealth-focused character who stalks his characters before stabbing them to death. He was announced in the twelfth DLC in Dead by Daylight’s history.
The DLC was titled “CHAPTER 12: Ghost Face” and released on 18 June 2019. It became one of the most popular DLC releases with players loving the new human killer, though he has his supernatural abilities like every other Killer. This makes him a harder Killer to play with, so take a look at this Ghost Face Dead by Daylight Killer guide.
Ghost Face Ultimate Dead by Daylight Killer Guide
Credit: Ghost Face Reveal Trailer
Just like the original character, Ghost Face has the ability to stalk his victims before attacking them. He is a psychotic Killer who documented his own killing history after all. The best part is that being in a supernatural world, he has been granted the ability to become undetectable with his special ability. With this ability, he gets to be completely silent, showing no signs of being nearby.
This makes him terrifying because he can sneak up on unsuspecting Survivors who are vulnerable and unsuspecting. His difficulty rating is hard because his character has a learning curve. He has a unique load out, so here are the details:
Special Load Out
Here is a list of the power, ability, mobility, affliction and interaction that he possesses:
- Night Shroud (Power) – This is the power that gives you the ability to become undetectable. When the power is active, the terror radius and red mark are deactivated. Performing a basic attack on any Survivor instantly deactivates the power and depletes the power gauge for 24 seconds. However, Survivors can also reveal you, which will deactivate Night Shroud immediately.
- Crouch (Mobility) – This is the special mobility that allows you to crouch at any given time. When crouching, you move at a slower pace but it is harder to detect any movement and spot you.
- Stalk & Lean (Ability) – This is the ability that allows you to stalk Survivors without being detected only while Night Shroud is active. When hiding behind any walls or structures, the “Lean” prompt will show up, which you can use to stalk Survivors at twice the normal rate, making it harder to reveal you.
- Marked (Affliction) – This is the special affliction that allows Survivors to be exposed when “Fully Stalked.” When the “Exposed” status effect hits a Survivor, it lasts for 60 seconds and they are unable to reveal your character.
- Reveal (Interaction) – This is the special interaction that allows Survivors to reveal their location when not hit by the “Exposed” status effect. By looking at enough of your body for 1.5 seconds, they can reveal your location.
Here is a list of the 3 unique perks that he comes with:
- I’m All Ears – This perk unlocks the ability to locate any Survivor performing a “Rush Vault” action within 48 meters of your location. It reveals their location to you for 6 seconds and this perk can be triggered every 60, 50 or 40 seconds.
- Thrilling Tremors – This perk unlocks the ability to block all Generators not being repaired by Survivors for 16 seconds by the Entity. This perk is activated immediately when you pick up a Survivor and walk while carrying them.
- Furtive Chase – This perk unlocks the ability to get the “Undetectable” and “+5% Haste” status effect for 16, 15 or 14 seconds after you hook your Obsession (a Survivor you chase for a long time). It also switches your Obsession to the next Survivor who rescues the previous Obsession from the hook.
Besides, you can Prestige this Killer like others by leveling up the Bloodweb and get his perks in other Killer’s inventories when reaching Tier I, II and III respectively. It is necessary to know what perks and special load out a Killer comes with before attempting to play with them. This is because utilizing the load out of a Killer is necessary to fully access their mechanics.
As we know, his weapon is the Tactical Knife, the infamous knife he uses to stab his victim to death which is a new addition, so the hitbox is also different from others. Hence, it is essential to get as much knowledge as possible about the Killer before choosing to play with them.
Tips for playing Ghost Face as a Killer
Now, we all know that the way to learn how to play with a Killer is to practice, but there are some tips and tricks you can use to make it easier. Hence, here are some of the best tips for playing Ghost Face in the game:
- Use your abilities frequently – As Ghost Face is one of those Killers who are basic without their abilities and perks, make sure to use them to your advantage. Make a note of the time limits for usage, like the 24-second cooldown once you perform a basic attack with Night Shroud activated.
- Hyper-focus on Stealth – As mentioned before, this is a stealth-focused Killer, so prioritize stealth! Other Killers can charge around the map boldly but Mr. Stalker has a more passive style of mechanics, which is why stealth is the best way to go.
- Maintain a Rhythm – Despite how hard Mr. Stalker seems to play, all you need to do is dance in rhythm. The simple rhythm is to stalk, stab and repeat. All you have to do is stalk Survivors who are repairing Generators, unhooking or healing, mark them with your affliction and quickly stab them before they escape.
- Be Unpredictable – Utilize the open maps and instead of chasing a singular target, if you can’t hit them then move on to someone else. Use your powers and sneak up to grab them immediately with a surprise stab.
Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of playing with Ghost Face:
- Stealth focused
- Undetectability adds speed
- Can easily get kills due to mobility
- Time bonus because of swiftness
- Harder to play on smaller maps
- Can’t be used for aggressive play
- Has a longer cooldown
- Power depletes quickly
Countering Ghost Face
Here are some perks you can use to counter Ghost Face easily:
- Sprint Burst – When you start to run, activate this perk to run at 150% of your normal running speed for 3 seconds to escape after being hit since Ghost Face’s power depletes after a hit.
- Spine Chill – Use this perk to get notified when the Killer is looking in your direction and standing at a 36, 24 or 12-meter distance, countering the Night Shroud power ability by sensing where Ghost Face is.
- Decisive Strike – Use this perk to automatically escape Ghost Face’s grasp when he picks you up by surprise by succeeding in a skill check and stunning him for 3 seconds.
Check out our Killer’s tier list and stay tuned out for other guides in the future.