Epic Games and Fortnite: Battle Royale are teaming up with popular Twitch streamers to offer players free items during a new winter-themed event.
The first-ever Fortnite Winter Trials has arrived. This event gives Fortnite players a chance at grabbing some in-game items for minimal effort. Emotes, wraps and sprays are some of the exclusive cosmetics available in the five-day event. Some well-known influencers like NickEh30 and SypherPK have involved themselves in the event, where fans can vote on challenges for a slew of players to complete live on stream. Let's take a look at everything you need to know about Fortnite's Winter Trials.
How to Earn Rewards via Winter Trials
Fortnite's Winter Trials lasts from January 25 to January 31. The event uses a unique form of currency referred to as badges, which players can claim on Fortnite's website. That same website outlines how players can earn rewards:
"To get rewards you need to sign in to the website and collect badges by completing various tasks. Please refer to the rewards section to see how many badges you need for each prize."
Here are the specific tasks players should complete to accumulate badges:
- Logging in to the activation - one badge - one time only
- Voting for a challenge - one badge - once per challenge (total of four available)
- Supporting (clicking thumbs-up) a team on the website - one badge available daily
- Playing Fortnite for 20 minutes - unlimited, each 20 minutes in-game in core modes rewards a badge.
It's worth noting that this event is open to players only located in North America. You'll also need to make your Fortnite statistics open to the public, which you can do by following the steps below:
- Open up your Fortnite settings in-game
- Head over to the last section called "Account and Privacy"
- Turn on the "Show on Career Leaderboard" option
Now, let’s take a look at the items up for grabs during the event.
What Items Can You Earn?
As previously mentioned, players can earn an emote, spray and weapon wrap thus far based on the information gathered. The event only lasts six days, so these might be all that's available. Be sure to check back here in case there's an update.
Solos into the NA Fortnite Winter Trials Tournament!https://t.co/rNmLxmEZoy
— Nick Eh 30 (@NickEh30) January 25, 2021
Fortnite has teamed up with multiple influencers and creators to integrate a viewership experience in Winter Trials. Content creators 72hrs, SypherPK, NickEh30, EmadGG and NateHill are in the Winter Trials. Each day, they will be competing against one another with various teammates as they earn points per challenge completed. Viewers can earn badges for staking their support in one of the five creators listed above. Here are the rules for the Winter Trials Influencer Tournament:
- A seven-day tournament consisting of different daily challenges
- One new challenge will be revealed to the participants every day
- There's a total of four community vote challenges, two creative challenges and one special challenge
Here are the different challenges that these Fortnite creators will have to overcome:
- Community vote challenge - Random challenges chosen by the community
- Creative challenge - mini-tournaments on dedicated creative maps
- Special challenge - surprise!
Creators will earn points based on their performance in the Influencer Tournament. Here is the scoring system for each of the individual events:
- 1st place - five points
- 2nd place - four points
- 3rd place - three points
- 4th place - two points
- 5th place - one point
That covers everything you need to know about Fortnite's Winter Trials event. Stay tuned to ESTNN for more Fortnite news and updates!
Featured Image: Epic Games