This Dota 2 Anti-Mage guide will show you why this is one of the top-tier hard carries in the game.
If you are looking for the perfect Anti-Mage Dota 2 guide, you are at the right place. One of the top-tier hard carries in Dota 2 can be really fun and extremely effective as long as you know what to do. Fortunately, we will go over everything in this article.
Anti-Mage is a melee Agility hero that will start the game with 310 movement speed and 4 armor. Furthermore, the hero will do between 53-57 damage and has one of the best attack animations in the game. Let’s go over everything the hero has to offer.
Whether you have the Dota 2 Anti-Mage persona or not, you should know more details about this hero’s abilities.
- Mana Break – This passive ability allows Anti-Mage to burn up to 40 mana per hit and do 50% of that as damage. Moreover, when a target is fully drained of mana, it has its movement speed reduced by 40%.
- Blink -This ability allows Anti-Mage to blink up to 1200 range away. The ability has a 6s cooldown.
- Counterspell – When used, the ability grants the hero a 45% magic resistance. Furthermore, AM can activate it for 1.2s, which will absorb and reflect any ability used on him.
- Mana Void- AM’s ultimate allows him to do 1.1 damage for every mana point missing and stun a target for 0.3s.
If the Anti-Mage Dota 2 build you’ve chosen includes an Aghanim’s Shard, Counterspell will allow AM to create a shell around an ally target within 600 range. Once it absorbs an ability, the shell will create an illusion of AM on the enemy target. This ability has a 3s cooldown. Players who get an Aghanim’s Scepter will have a new ability called Blink Fragment, which spawns an illusion for 7s near a target that deals -25% outgoing damage.
The Dota 2 Anti-Mage build you choose will have an effect on the talents you go for, so let’s learn more about them.
- Level 10 – +150 Mana Void Radius or +9 Strength
- Level 15 – -1s Blink Cooldown or +0.6% Max Mana Mana Burn
- Level 20 – +150 Blink Cast Range or +0.15 Mana Void Damage Multiplier
- Level 25 – -50s Mana Void Cooldown or +20% Counterspell Magic Resistance
Dota 2 Anti-Mage Guide – Tips
When it comes down to the tips for this hero, it all comes down to your farming skills. Anti-Mage is always the team’s carry, so he needs to farm as much as possible to be effective. Even though he can lane fairly well against some offlaners, the hero is pretty squishy, so he usually needs someone to guard him.
Once the laning stage is over, you should already have at least Battlefury, which is one of the core Anti-Mage Dota 2 items. Once that’s ready, your job is to try and farm the lanes and all neutral camps. Your team should be able to provide you with the space to do that, but if that’s not the case, you need to do it yourself. This is easier said than done, but with more map awareness and better positioning, you can outplay your opponents.
Of course, the fact that you need to farm as much as possible doesn’t mean you should not take part in any fights. Since you always have a TP Scroll on you, keep an eye on the map for any favorable fights and join them to help your team. With that said, every fight you take part in early on comes at a cost, so choose your fights carefully.
Regardless of the Anti-Mage Dota 2 set you’re using, the most important thing to remember about this hero is that the opponents will try to counter him. So, always keep that in mind and do not overextend when farming or fighting. Once the late game arrives, AM can easily become one of the strongest heroes in Dota 2.
Anti Mage Dota 2 Guide – Pros and Cons
Many people like he Dota 2 Anti-Mage skins, but there are many other pros and cons about this hero.
- Exceptionally strong against INT heroes
- One of the best late-game carries
- Farms really fast
- Elusive and difficult to kill
- Requires a lot of farm
- There are several big Anti-Mage counters
Dota 2 Anti-Mage Guide – Items
When taking a look at the Anti Mage Dota 2 wiki, there are several important items you need to be aware of.
The best early game items for Anti-Mage usually consist of some stats and HP re-gen.
AM needs Power Treads, and the hero usually gets Cornucopia and Magic Wand because these items will provide sustainability.
In the mid-game, Anti-Mage needs to get a Battle Fury and Manta Style. Players who have a good game can also go for a Basher and/or BKB.
The late game is where AM shines. Regardless of the Anti-Mage Dota 2 counter, the hero has to get things like an Abyssal Blade, Butterfly, Eye of Skadi, Heart of Tarrasque, Monkey King Bad, and so on.
Anti Mage Dota 2 guide – Counters
If you listen to the Dota 2 Anti-Mage quotes, you may notice that the hero talks about a couple of counters.
- Phantom Assassin – Although this hero is not that good against AM in the ultra-late game, she can easily kill him before that. Phantom Assassin’s damage output is too high, and she doesn’t have that much mana, meaning AM is not good against her.
- Axe – The deadly Blink and Call combo from Axe works exceptionally well against Anti-Mage. He is a constant threat and AM players should be careful.
- Legion Commander – Legion is exceptionally strong against Anti-Mage, especially if the hero secured enough Duel damage early on.
Aside from everything mentioned so far, we also need to mention more about the Anti Mage Dota 2 persona and the other items. AM has some of the most interesting options out there, so definitely check them out if you decide to use this hero.