The latest Darktide Update is here, and with it, the Karnak Twins arrive as well to hunt down unsuspecting strike teams.
Warhammer 40k Darktide had a tumultuous past, but after it’s first year, it shaped up to be a great game. Developers Fatshark are known to have rocky launches, but just as with Warhammer Vermintide 2, they found their footing and are expanding upon that. After the Class Overhaul update, they released the Traitor Curse, the Anniversary event for Darktide.
The first part of the Traitor Curse, which was released on November 14th brought a new mission called Mercantile HL 70-04, where the Rejects venture into the Carnival, a brand-new map on the planet of Tertium. While the Class Overhaul update was a huge success, the Veteran needed to be worked on again, so he got some tweaks and Keystones, such as Marksman’s Focus, Focus Target! and Weapons Specialist. With some quality of life updates such as the grouping of buffs on the screen and the ability to inspect items, The Traitor Curse Part I was a great update – but Part II should be even better!
Darktide Update: The Traitor Curse Part II
The second part of the Anniversary event continues the story of the Moebian 6th, the group of Heretics threatening Tertium:
- A new type of Consumable will be added to the game, called Stimms. You can find the 4 different new items around the battlefield, which restore health, boost damage, increase movement speed and increase cooldown regeneration. You’ll need every tool to end the Traitor’s Curse!
- New weapon Marks will be released as well, such as the Munitorum Mk III Sapper Shovel and the Agripinaa Mk XIV Quickdraw Stub Revolver, and while brand-new guns and swords won’t be added, new Marks are always welcome,
- Rejects can venture deeper into The Carnival, right into the heart of the Moebian production lines in the new mission, Warren 6-19,
- The Veteran’s skill tree have been adjusted even further based on the feedback of players, so the new Keystones added in Part I are faster to reach, as well as some of them getting buffs,
- A new, Time-Limited combat encounter will be added, as the Karnak Twins will try and hunt down strike teams that dare to venture into The Carnival.
- On Darktide’s website, a mysterious, redacted update also showed up, but so far, we don’t know what Fatshark has in store for us…
Overall, the Traitor’s Curse update has hit it out of the park. The community loved Warhammer 40k Darktide back when it released on November 30th, 2022, but soon found out that while the core of the game was solid, there was a serious lack of content. After slowly dripping small updates, Fatshark has really upped their game, as the Skill Tree update and the Traitor’s Curse update hit it out of the park. If you dropped Warhammer 40k Darktide after a few months last year, try to give it another chance – the Emperor needs you!