| Tags: League of Legends
| Author Rohat Dicle Kılınç
Which Champions Can Get Skins After Worlds 2022 Finals
List of all eligible champions for getting Worlds 2022 Championship skins.
It is a long-lasting League of Legends World Championship tradition that winning teams get special Worlds Skins to celebrate their victories. These skins are chosen by the team members, sometimes with some input from Riot. They generally include the team’s colors and theme. And ever since 2016, the design team has taken feedback from players and tried to include their personal preferences in the design.
Usually, there are five or six (if there was a sub) Worlds Skins every year. But Riot just recently announced that starting in 2022, they will add another Prestige Skin to the game, in addition to a team ward skin.
World Championship skins have been revealed on the PBE 👀
🏆 EDG Zoe
🏆 EDG Viego
🏆 EDG Graves
🏆 EDG Yuumi
🏆 EDG Aphelios pic.twitter.com/o8veuwiUPl
— League of Legends (@LeagueOfLegends) April 26, 2022
Player and champion eligibility rules
Of course, there are some rules around how players can be eligible for skins or how they can pick which skin will be put into the game. Since June 2018, a player must satisfy one of these conditions to get a skin:
- Participate in at least 2 play-in stage games that had an impact on the team’s advancement to the knockout game (i.e. those games had to matter for seeding or advancement).
- Participate in at least 2 group stage games that had an impact on the team’s advancement to the knockout game (i.e. those games had to matter for seeding or advancement).
- Participate in at least 1 knockout stage game (Quarters, Semis, or Finals).
If a player then is eligible for a Worlds Skin, then they can choose a champion based on these rules:
- The player must have played at least one game on that champion during Worlds.
- If the team already has a skin for that champion from a previous win, Riot may ask the player to pick another champion.
- Although Xayah and Rakan ordinarily have matching skins, Riot will not create a skin for the other half of the duo if only one of them is chosen by a Worlds winning player. This can be seen in practice, as IG Rakan does not have a corresponding Xayah skin.
- Riot has also stated that whether they had other skins in development for a champion was previously taken into account in determining what a player could choose. This was likely done to avoid the release of multiple new skins for a single champion close together driving down skin sales. After Riot made an exception to this policy to allow SKT T1 Jhin in 2017, it was discontinued.
Possible T1 Worlds Skins
- Zeus: Yone, Jayce, Gangplank, Camille, Fiora, Jax, Aatrox, Gragas
- Oner: Viego, Sejuani, Lee Sin, Graves, Vi, Poppy, Nocturne
- Faker: Akali, Sylas, Viktor, Ryze, Lissandra, Galio, Azir
- Faker already has three different skins in the game: SKT T1 Zed (2013), SKT T1 Ryze (2015) and SKT T1 Syndra (2016).
- Gumayusi: Lucian, Sivir, Varus, Aphelios, Kai’Sa, Kalista, Ashe, Xayah
- Keria: Nami, Yuumi, Renata Glasc, Tresh, Alistar, Soraka, Heimerdinger, Tahm Kench
Possible DRX Worlds Skins
- Kingen: Aatrox, Camille, Ornn, Fiora, Gragas, Sejuani, Gnar, Maokai, Sylas
- Pyosik: Sejuani, Maokai, Kindred, Graves, Viego, Vi, Poppy
- Juhan: Lee Sin, Maokai
- Deft: Miss Fortune, Tristana, Ezreal, Sivir, Caitlyn, Ashe, Varus, Draven, Kalista
- BeryL: Amumu, Rell, Tahm Kench, Yuumi, Heimerdinger, Braum, Lux, Soraka, Lulu, Ashe, Karma, Renata Glasc
- BeryL already has a Leona skin from his Worlds 2020 win with DAMWON.