| Tags: WoW
| Author David Hollingsworth
When Does Wrath of the Lich King Classic Launch
It's that time again when we ask and answer the question. When does Wrath of the Lich King Classic Launch?
It's finally time for (what many people assume) the final expansion of the WoW Classic cycle. After a massive launch for TBC, Wrath is what many consider the peak of WoW. Now, that's probably just because most of us are getting old now and want to remember the good times when our parents still made us food. So, let's look ahead to Wrath's launch and when we can get into the pre-patch.
When does Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch launch?
The pre-patch will go live on August 30th and will last until the day Wrath launches. Now, it's not quite that simple, either. Wrath pre-patch is the boss of pre-patches. It's probably the expansion that really showed what Blizzard could do with the format. So, for Wrath, Blizzard is releasing a roadmap for when they'll be dropping content as the pre-patch is split into two parts. Here is said roadmap:
- August 30 – Pre-patch Begins: Wrath of the Lich King Pre-patch Launches and Fresh Start Realms go live during regional maintenance.
- September 6–13 – Zombie Plague Event: A mysterious affliction begins to make its way through the capital cities. Players must be vigilant to avoid falling victim to its deadly effects.
When does Wrath of the Lich King launch?
It's not long to go now for fans of Classic WoW. Starting with that August 30th pre-patch and continuing with the Plague Event on September 6th. Wrath proper will then launch on September 26th globally. You can see check out when the expansion goes live at the link in the section below. The expansion will once again have a global release on the 26th/27th of September.
What time is Wrath playable?
As the entire world doesn't use PDT, let's take a look at when Wrath will go live around the world. For a TLDR, it goes live at 00:00 CEST (+2 UTC) on the 27th of September (that's a Tuesday). For everyone else, check below. The best way to check is to head to the “Mytime.io” link here, which will convert 10 pm UTC (the time when Wrath will launch on September 26th) to your timezone (assuming your device clock is set correctly). We'll update this post in the future if Blizzard releases a fancy graphic for us to use.
When is each of Wrath's phases launch?
Phases are here to stay and they'll be a huge part of Wrath. We don't know the full swath of phases right now, but we at least know what 2022 is going to look like. Below, are the first significant wrath phases, beginning with the Scourge Invasion Event, before making a brief stop at the Brewfest before Wrath's launch.
- September 13 – Launch – Scourge Invasion Event: In several locations throughout Azeroth, players must coordinate a defensive stand against the attacking Necropolis and defeat Scourge forces to gain powerful rewards.
- September 20–October 6 – Brewfest Begins: Do you love eating delicious fair food, drinking bountiful beverages, and riding rams around barrels of apples? Partake in activities and timed events to earn Brewfest souvenirs and achievements during this brewtiful holiday event.
- September 26 (27th for those on CEST or any timezone + of it) – Wrath of the Lich King Classic Launches
- October 4 and 5 – Arena Season 5 Begins: Season 5 will begin with the weekly reset.
- October 6 – Naxxramas, The Eye of Eternity, and The Obsidian Sanctum are Available at 3:00 p.m. PDT
That's all we know for now about Wrath Classic. We'll update this post as things change and Blizzard shares more details. For more coverage of Wrath Classic or WoW, keep an eye on our WoW coverage page.