In the game Starfield, there are many things to learn and riddles to solve. Due to this, it is crucial to understand both the Starfield skills, as well as the backgrounds and traits that can be applied to your character in a game of this type. As a result, we have chosen to compile all the Starfield combat skills that you can give your character during the journey in one location in this post.
- 1 Starfield skills: All combat skills explained
- 1.1 Tier 1 skills
- 1.2 Tier 2 skills
- 1.3 Tier 3 skills
- 1.4 Tier 4 skills
Starfield skills: All combat skills explained
The first and most crucial fact to be aware of is that there are 82 different abilities available in Starfield, which are classified into five groups according to their nature: tech, combat, physical, science, and social. Additionally, each category includes four distinct tiers with distinct skill levels that are further subdivided into four rankings. We have chosen to write a distinct post for each skill category to make it easier to read.
Tier 1 skills
The Starfield combat skills present in Tier 1 are the basic ones that you will unlock at the beginning of your adventure. Among these skills, there are those that allow you to increase the damage inflicted by your weapons, be they pistols, lasers, shotguns, etc., as well as increase the effectiveness of close combat. In short, these are skills that will help you pass the early stages of the game without too much difficulty.
- Rank 1: Ballistic weapons deal 10% more damage.
- Rank 2: Ballistic weapons deal 20% more damage.
- Rank 3: Ballistic weapons deal 30% more damage.
- Rank 4: A 30% boost in the ballistic weapon's range is granted.
- Rank 1: Melee weapons deal 25% more damage. Use a melee weapon to sustain 10% less damage.
- Rank 2: For 10 seconds after a melee kill, you can run 20% more quickly.
- Rank 3: Melee weapons deal 50% greater damage. While using a melee weapon, take 15% less damage.
- Rank 4: 10% of your health is restored after a melee kill.
- Rank 1: Laser guns deal 10% more damage.
- Rank 2: Laser guns deal 20% more damage.
- Rank 3: Laser guns deal 30% more damage.
- Rank 4: Laser weapons have a 5% chance of setting a target on fire.
- Rank 1: Pistol damage increases by 10%.
- Rank 2: Pistol damage increases by 25%.
- Rank 3: Pistol damage increases by 50%.
- Rank 4: Pistol kills increase the likelihood of a critical strike by 25% for 5 seconds.
- Rank 1: Shotgun damage increases by 10%.
- Rank 2: Shotgun damage increases by 20%.
- Rank 3: Shotgun damage increases by 30%.
- Rank 4: When using a shotgun to kill a target, there is a little chance that you will also temporarily stun other enemies.
Tier 2 skills
The Starfield combat skills present in Tier 2 are an evolution of those seen previously. These skills also allow you to gain more experience in the use of weapons, making them able to inflict greater damage on your opponents. However, unlike those in Tier 1, there are no skills in Tier 2 to increase melee damage.
- Rank 1: Throwing grenades now displays an arc in the trajectory. The radius of an explosion is 25% bigger.
- Rank 2: Explosives deal 25% more damage.
- Rank 3: 25% lessening of the explosion-related harm.
- Rank 4: All prior incentives are doubled.
Heavy Weapons Certification
- Rank 1: Heavy weapons deal 10% more damage.
- Rank 2: Heavy weapons deal 20% greater damage.
- Rank 3: Heavy weapons deal 30% greater damage.
- Rank 4: Gain 25% more physical defense when using a heavy weapon to aim down sights.
- Rank 1: EM weapons deal 5% more damage.
- Rank 2: EM weapons deal 10% more damage.
- Rank 3: EM weapons deal 15% more damage.
- Rank 4: EM weapons have a 15% chance of dealing 300% EM damage.
- Rank 1: 10% increased damage from particle beam weapons.
- Rank 2: 20% increased damage from particle beam weapons.
- Rank 3: Particle beam weapons deal 30% greater harm.
- Rank 4: Weapons that use particle beams have a +5% crit chance.
- Rank 1: 10% increased damage for rifles.
- Rank 2: 20% increased damage with rifles.
- Rank 3: Gun damage increases by 30%.
- Rank 4: Rifles can be reloaded 30% more quickly if you're still.
Tier 3 skills
The Starfield combat skills present in this Tier are very varied. We have skills that allow you, as usual, to increase the damage inflicted by your weapons, but there are also skills that instead increase the reload speed, the chance to score critical hits, as well as the possibility of having a better accuracy when shooting without aiming.
- Rank 1: Adds 3% to the critical hit probability for non-automatic ranged weapons.
- Rank 2: Adds 8% to the critical hit probability for non-automatic ranged weapons.
- Rank 3: 15% more chance for critical hits when using non-automatic ranged weapons.
- Rank 4: Critical strikes made with a non-automatic ranged weapon that doesn't have a scope deal twice as much damage, while those that do knock down targets on the following shot.
- Rank 1: Ballistic weapon reloading is 30% faster.
- Rank 2: Energy and EM weapon reloading is 30% faster.
- Rank 3: Particle Beam weapon reloading is 30% quicker. Having a 50% chance to avoid interruptions while reloading.
- Rank 4: There is a 50% chance that hitting an enemy will speed up all weapon reloads for 15 seconds.
- Rank 1: Scoped guns have less wobble and are steadier.
- Rank 2: Scoped weaponry allows you to hold your breath for longer.
- Rank 3: Headshots with scoped weapons have a +25% chance of being critical hits.
- Rank 4: When using the scope, aimed weapons deal 50% greater damage.
- Rank 1: Better accuracy and distance when shooting without aiming. Marks one opponent who is damaging to you and is within 25 meters.
- Rank 2: Noticeably increased accuracy and range while firing without aiming. Marks up to two opponents that damage you within 50 meters.
- Rank 3: When firing without aiming, you will have much-improved accuracy and range. Up to three adversaries who are damaging to you within 75 meters are marked.
- Rank 4: When firing without aiming, there is a 10% chance that the target will be disarmed. Up to four adversaries who are attacking you within 100 meters are marked.
Tier 4 skills
Finally, the Starfield combat skills present in the last Tier are those that you will unlock in the more advanced stages of the game, in which the use of skills will certainly be a great help in completing your missions and activities. At this point, the game will have gotten harder, as well as enemies will be able to deal more damage. Because of this, the ability of bullets to penetrate opponents' armor, opponents having a higher chance of being taken down, and long-ranged weapons dealing more damage are all additions that are sure to come in handy.
- Rank 1: Attacks disregard 15% of the armor of a target.
- Rank 2: Attacks ignore 30% of the armor on a victim.
- Rank 3: Attacks disregard 50% of the armor of a target.
- Rank 4: Enemy armor is reduced by 25% for 6 seconds following a critical hit.
- Rank 1: When human opponents take enough damage, their likelihood of going down is 30% higher.
- Rank 2: When dealing enough damage to a human enemy, the likelihood that they will become downed is increased by 50%.
- Rank 3: A fallen state can now be entered by human foes early.
- Rank 4: All opponent kinds now fall under the previous ranks. When an enemy is knocked down, you now do 100% greater damage.
- Rank 1: For ranged weapons, increase critical headshot damage by 50%.
- Rank 2: For ranged weapons, increase critical leg damage by 50%.
- Rank 3: For ranged weapons, boost 50% of every critical damage dealt to foes.
- Rank 4: For 20 seconds following a ranged critical hit kill, all ranged weapons will have a 25% increased chance of delivering a critical strike.