Here is a complete guide on the Inverse Teleporter in Lethal Company, a type of ship upgrade that can be purchased from the Store in the Terminal
Lethal Company is a recently released horror co-op survival game developed by Zeekeerss that came out in October 2023 and is in early access at the moment. In the game, you are hired to work for a corporate organization named the “Company” to explore different industrialized and abandoned moons to collect scraps for sale. To help with these moon exploration adventures, players have access to many specialized items for health, defense and scrap collection that are available in the Store.
One such item is the Inverse Teleporter which can be bought from the store through the Terminal. It is one of the only ship upgrades available in the game that you can purchase, but what is it and how do you use it? Hence, here is a complete guide on the Inverse Teleporter in Lethal Company.
Lethal Company Inverse Teleporter
The Inverse Teleporter is a type of ship upgrade in the game that can be purchased from the Store in the Terminal. It is used to teleport players from the ship to directly inside the facility, but there is a catch to it. You can use the teleporter individually or use it with 4 players all at once. Every time the teleporter is used to teleport someone, it has a cooldown of 250 seconds or 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
When you use the teleporter, you cannot choose where you will teleport to. This means, you will spawn in a random place inside the facility, which can be anywhere. By anywhere, it means anywhere as in right next to a land mine or in front of a turret, which can result in instant death. When you use the teleporter, you also lose all of your items, as in, dropping your full inventory outside the teleporter. Using the teleporter is sort of a gamble which honestly is not worth it. If you’re playing alone, don’t even dare to use the teleporter because if you spawn inside a locked area inside the facility, it is game over for you.
How to get the Inverse Teleporter in Lethal Company
As mentioned, the Inverse Teleporter is a ship upgrade that can be bought from the Terminal in the players' Ship. It costs a whopping total of 425 Credits and can be bought by any player in a team of explorers. Now, without further delay, here is how you can get the Inverse Teleporter through the Terminal in Lethal Company:
- Step 1: First, you will have to go to the Terminal on your ship and access it by pressing “E” on your keyboard.
- Step 2: Once you are in the Terminal, you need to click on the console area and type in “Help” and hit “Enter” on your keyboard. This will take you to the main screen of the Terminal.
- Step 3: Once you get to the main screen on the Terminal, you will see that the second option shown is the store. Type in “Store” and hit “Enter” on your keyboard, which will take you to the Store’s main screen.
- Step 4: On the Store’s main screen you will see a list of all the items that the Company provides consisting of equipment and ship upgrades, which includes the Inverse Teleporter. To buy any the ship upgrade, all you need to do is type in “Inverse Teleporter” on the console and hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Step 5: After you hit “Enter”, you will be taken to another screen that will ask you to confirm your purchase. To do that, type in “Confirm” and hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
By following these 5 easy steps, you can buy the Inverse Teleporter quite easily. After you’re done confirming your purchase, you don’t have to wait for your Inverse Teleporter to arrive via a transport rocket to the moon you’re on because this is delivered differently. As soon as you hit Confirm on the Terminal’s console, the teleporter will show up inside the ship which you can then relocate to wherever you want.
How to use the Inverse Teleporter in Lethal Company
Using the Inverse Teleporter can be done quite easily within just a few steps. Here are the steps you need to follow to use the teleporter in Lethal Company:
- Step 1: Go up to the teleporter and press the white button outside to turn it on.
- Step 2: Step inside the teleporter and stand directly on top of the circle pad to be teleported to somewhere completely random inside the facility on the moon that you’re on.
With 2 easy steps, you can use the teleporter any time you want, but it is quite the gamble. It is a huge risk and very unsafe, but there is a safe way to use it. Here are the steps you need to follow to safely use the Inverse Teleporter:
- Step 1: First, station someone inside the ship with a Walkie Talkie.
- Step 2: Station someone outside the facility with a Walkie Talkie as well so that they can communicate with the player inside the ship.
- Step 3: The player who is preparing to teleport should leave all their items behind and step inside the teleporter to spawn inside the facility.
- Step 4: When the player spawns inside the facility, the player inside the ship can use the monitor to tell the player outside the facility the location of the teleported player.
- Step 5: The teleported player can then be rescued and taken out of the facility by the player who was waiting outside the facility.
With that, you can safely use the Inverse Teleporter but it is still quite the gamble if you’re planning to do it to find scraps. However, if you’re planning to do so to goof around and have fun in the game with your teammates, then go ahead. It will make rather memorable moments when someone spawns right in front of a land mine and is blasted into nothingness or in front of a turret and gets shot to death. Whether players can spawn in front of a monster is still uncertain but if you want to test that theory out, please let us know.
Needless to say, it is not essential to buy the Inverse Teleporter from the store through the Terminal. It is one of those types of items in the game that aids a player’s exploration adventures but also comes with significant risk when using it. It is advisable to buy the item only when you have enough spare credits in the game because it is not a necessity by any means. Yes, it will help you get inside the facility faster but at what cost? For all you know, you could just teleport next to a land mine or turret and die instantly.
Make sure to check out our guide for another valuable item, the Radar Booster in Lethal Company to learn more about items that aid your exploration journeys and stay tuned for more such Lethal Company guide content in the future.