Here is everything you should know about the Elemental Reactions and Resonance in Genshin Impact
The Tevyat storyline is what makes the game of Genshin Impact so immersive. The storyline consists of the traveler visiting a different nation of a different element. Therefore, the elements are an integral part of the lore. However, what makes the gameplay truly interactive is the complex system of elements and their reactions and resonances, in the combat.
Travelers starting their journey in Tevyet may find it challenging to understand this fascinating system. Even Veterans find themselves lost in the array of elemental reactions when strategizing. Therefore, this article aims to delve into the intricacies of the elements for you to be able to dictate the outcomes of your battles across Tevyat!
Elemental Reactions & Resonance
The 7 elements are Anemo, Geo, Electro, Dendro, Hydro, Pyro, and Cryo. Combining two or more elements lead to different reactions that can give you a huge boost in numbers, allowing you to wreak havoc in the battlefield.
Resonance, on the other hand, depends on what members you have in the party. When you have two members of the same elemental type (except Protective Canopy which requires 4 unique elements), they trigger the resonance of the element, granting you a specific bonus!
- Crystalize = Geo + Cryo/Electro/Hydro/Pyro
This is the only reaction that Geo can create. It will create a crystal corresponding to the element Geo reacts with, and when a character picks up the crystal, they will receive a shield.
- Swirl = Anemo + Cryo/Electro/Hydro/Pyro
This is the only reaction caused by Anemo. The element that is infused with Anemo will create a swirling effect, dealing extra damage of the same elemental type and spreading the effect of it. Swirl cannot crit.
- Frozen = Cryo + Hydro
As its name suggests, it freezes the opponent. While it does not inflict damage, affected targets become immobile. When Blunt or Geo attack is used on frozen enemies, Shatter happens to deal physical DMG.
- Melt = Cryo + Pyro
This reaction will increase Cryo or Pyro DMG, depending on the one that triggers the reaction. The damage is multiplied by 1.5 if Cryo is used, and multiplied by 2 if Pyro is used.
- Superconduct: Cryo + Electro
This reaction deals AoE Cryo DMG in a 5m radius. Any enemy within this area will have a reduced Physical RES for 12 seconds by 40%. Superconduct cannot deal Critical Hits.
- Electro Charged: Electro + Hydro
Electro DMG will be dealt over time to the inflicted enemies or any enemy that has the ‘Wet’ status. Electro Charged does not crit.
- Overloaded = Electro + Pyro
An explosion is created, dealing AoE Pyro DMG within a 5m radius. Overloaded DMG is classified as Blunt attack, and can trigger Shatter. While it can cause significant knockback to your own allies, it is very effective for breaking enemy shields.
- Vaporize = Hydro + Pyro
This reaction will increase Hydro or Pyro DMG, depending on the one that triggers the reaction. The damage is multiplied by 2 if Hydro is used, and multiplied by 1.5 if Pyro is used.
- Burning = Dendro + Pyro
This reaction applies Pyro to the enemies and even your characters, with an internal cooldown of 2 seconds. Within a 1m radius, AoE Pyro DMG will be dealt over time.
- Quicken = Dendro + Electro
This reaction itself does not deal any damage but it puts the ‘Quicken’ aura on the targeted enemies.
- Aggravate = Quicken + Electro
This reaction happens when Electro DMG is inflicted on enemies with the “Quicken”, multiplying the DMG by 1.15.
- Spread = Quicken + Dendro
This reaction happens when Dendro DMG is inflicted on enemies with the “Quicken”, multiplying the DMG by 1.25.
- Bloom = Dendro + Hydro
This reaction creates Dendro cores, with a maximum limit of 5 being present on the field. The cores explode after 6 seconds, dealing AoE Dendro DMG. This damage can harm both enemies and allies.
- Burgeon = Bloom + Pyro
When the Dendro cores from Bloom react with Pyro, they explode immediately causing even more AoE Dendro DMG.
- Hyperbloom = Bloom + Electro
When Electro is applied to a Dendro Core, the Dendro Core transforms into a Sprawling Shot, inflicting enhanced AoE Dendro damage within a shorter radius due to being more single-target focused.
- Enduring Rock (Geo Resonance): Shield strength is increased by 15%, and characters wearing a shield have their damage increased by 15% and attacked enemies have their GEO RES decreased by 20% for 15 seconds. Albedo-Zhongli duo can trigger and utilize this resonance, apart from Mono Geo Teams.
- Fervent Flames (Pyro Resonance): ATK is increased by 25% and Cryo affects allies for 40% less time. Xiangling-Bennett duo triggers this resonance in National teams such as Raiden National and Childe International.
- High Voltage (Electro Resonance): Electro Reactions will generate Electro Elemental Particles, useful for generating energy. Hydro affects allies for 40% less time. Cyno’s Aggravate team consisting of Fischl or Raiden with her support Kujou Sara are great examples of Electro Resonance.
- Impetuous Winds (Anemo Resonance): Stamina Consumption is decreased by 15% whereas movement SPD is increased by 10%. Skill Cooldown is also decreased by 5%. This resonance works best for exploring, making your adventures much faster. Venti, Sayu, and Scaramouche are exceptional units for exploration. Xiao-Jean as well as Scaramouche-Faruzan are also great duos to trigger the resonance.
- Shattering Ice (Cryo Resonance): CRIT Rate against Frozen or cryo-affected enemies is increased by 15% and Electro affects allies for 40% less time. Ayaka on Blizzard Strayer, paired with Shenhe or Diona, loves this resonance, allowing her a build with a low CRIT Rate.
- Soothing Water (Hydro Resonance): Max HP is increased by 25% and Pyro affects allies for 40% less time. Neuvilette’s damage scales off HP and is therefore increased by Hydro Resonance. Pairing him with Furina leads to a good double-hydro team.
- Sprawling Greenery (Dendro Resonance): Elemental Mastery (EM) is increased by 50. EM is increased by a further 30 for 6 seconds when Burning, Quick, or Bloom reactions take place. If Aggravate, Spread, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon is triggered, then party members gain 20 EM. Alhaitham with Nahida greatly benefits from the EM bonuses as you take this duo with any Electro or Hydro characters.
- Protective Canopy (Unique Elements Resonance): Elemental RES and Physical RES is increased by 15%.
Apart from individual kits of the characters, Elemental Reactions and Resonances are vital in the gameplay of Genshin Impact. Especially when you are attempting Spiral Abyss where even the littlest of bonus can make a big difference. As the game continues to evolve and the character roster becomes bigger, innovative combat strategies of combining different reactions seem endless.