The EA Sport FC Title Update 7 Patch notes deploy fixes for several bugs and glitches, while incorporating several passing changes, and more.
Right after deploying a massive Holiday Update in early December, this is EA FC’s most comprehensive update yet ahead of TOTY, fixing the massive Objective notification gitch since the launch of the game. Several other changes to passing and more gameplay updates have been made. The update also ships a plethora of fixes for some audio and visual bugs to ensure players have a smooth experience.
Objective notification icon will no longer be ‘glitchy', and will disappear once you claim the rewards. The update issues a fix that caused the icon to stay even after claiming the reward. This issue bugged many players across all platforms, and the update looks to fix the same.
EA FC Title Update 7 General, Audio, and Visual Changes
The Objectives notification icon was not always visible after exiting and re-entering Ultimate Team.
- The Objectives notification icon should now be visible for all players after after exiting and re-entering Ultimate Team.
- The Squad Battles menu did not display a competition timer.
- Removed substitutions from being unnecessarily listed in SBC requirements.
- Sometimes, SBC requirements displayed duplicate club names.
- Some Objectives did not display their completion deadline.
- After claiming an Objective reward, the notification icon was sometimes still present.
- Stadium Item Pack openings in Ultimate Team were resulting in an unintended animation with placeholder text.
- Addressed an issue that could have impacted Evolution Player Item selection.
- Sometimes, the Objectives notification icon did not appear where intended.
- A stability issue could have occurred when interacting with an empty squad.
- [PS5/XBSX|S Only] Following a rare UI flow, the Squad menu shortcut did not function as expected.
- [PS5 Only] Under some specific Camera Settings, the broadcast package did not always display after scoring a goal in Division Rivals.
- [PS4/XB1 Only] When getting a certain amount of red cards in a Friendlies Survival match, it was not possible to advance past the post-match screens.
Made the following changes:
- Reduced the accuracy of Lobbed Passes and Precision Lobbed Passes when taken at extreme angles.
- Improved the responsiveness of requested Precision Passes.
- Slightly reduced the maximum potential speed of Swerved Through Passes.
- Increased the maximum potential ball trajectory height of Lobbed and Precision Lobbed Passes when taken at extreme angles.
Addressed the following issues.
- A requested Ground Pass could have sometimes resulted in an unintended animation occurring.
- In some situations, a requested Through Pass could have been weaker and less accurate than intended.
- Sometimes, a Physical Tackle could have been unintentionally performed on an attacking player without the ball.
- Improved auto-switching logic when determining which defender to switch to during some Lofted Through Passes.
- Improved player switching logic when two or more users are on the same team.
- In some specific situations, an AI teammate could have attempted to control the ball following a user-requested shot.
- Improved the consistency of a Secondary Contain request when locked to a player.
- In rare instances, the ball physics did not behave as expected after hitting the post.
- In some rare cases following a requested pass, the ball carrier could have lost control of the ball by passing through it.
- Further improved referee logic when determining offside calls following deflections.
- Addressed instances of various Skill Game issues impacting areas such as progression and consistency.
- [PS4/XB1 Only] The Precision Pass Drill did not always consider inputs correctly.
Full List of VOLTA Football Mode Changes
- Upon swapping outfits, the game will no longer have that glitch that caused some tattoos to display a placeholder image.
- Customized controller settings will now apply in Kick Off VOLTA FOOTBALL.
- The ball no longer gets sent through the goal net on the Nintendo Switch.
EA FC Title Update 7 is available to download across all available platforms as of January 17, 2024. The supported platforms for the game are PC, Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch.
Keep a track of the latest in EA Sports FC by following us here on ESTNN.